Overheating, and another question

Ashu-ri

Okay, I get that I don't have all my skills yet. I'm only lvl 23 on my merc. But I'm starting to get issues with overheating - mainly if I'm fighting an elite, or maybe a couple of strongs, or strongs with more than a couple adds. And from what I read, (I could be wrong) it seems like our ability to cooldown will be nerfed a bit in 1.2.

What can I do to prevent this overheating? And are there skills that I'm not realizing that cool down the heat ? I just looked at my skill sheet, and realized that I don't have improved vents, so I imagine that might make a difference. I know flamethrower vents some heat, and of course the skill meant to vent heat, but that doesn't vent much, at least not without improved vents.

My other question is, when are they going to fix the bug with, um, I think it's rapid shots? Where it goes on firing, without damage of course, through the next three skills I fire off? It doesn't happen often, but it happens often enough to be annoying.

Edit: PS I can no longer find the original patch notes to the PTS server detailing all the changes to the classes, so I haven't been able to look this stuff up. However, my concern is both now, and when 1.2 happens.

Edited by Ashu-ri

Okay, I get that I don't have all my skills yet. I'm only lvl 23 on my merc. But I'm starting to get issues with overheating - mainly if I'm fighting an elite, or maybe a couple of strongs, or strongs with more than a couple adds. And from what I read, (I could be wrong) it seems like our ability to cooldown will be nerfed a bit in 1.2.

What can I do to prevent this overheating? And are there skills that I'm not realizing that cool down the heat ? I just looked at my skill sheet, and realized that I don't have improved vents, so I imagine that might make a difference. I know flamethrower vents some heat, and of course the skill meant to vent heat, but that doesn't vent much, at least not without improved vents.

My other question is, when are they going to fix the bug with, um, I think it's rapid shots? Where it goes on firing, without damage of course, through the next three skills I fire off? It doesn't happen often, but it happens often enough to be annoying.

Edit: PS I can no longer find the original patch notes to the PTS server detailing all the changes to the classes, so I haven't been able to look this stuff up. However, my concern is both now, and when 1.2 happens.

firstly get improved vents for sure

secondly rapid shots uses no heat, so use it when you can

thirdly your heat should never go over 39, when your heat goes over 39 the rate at which it dissapates is slower, there are multiple tiers of dissapation (those arrows to the right of your heat bar)

third - flamethrower does not dissapate heat

we have "vent heat" ability that lowers our heat on a cooldown... do not know if you have it at this point.

are you arsenal, BG or pyro?

Arsenal. And the vent heat ability was, I think, an ability I got from the first. I now it at least was there before I had to pick an advanced class.

i am sure you still use missile blast a lot, avoid it, 25 heat is a LOT to spend.. better to sprinkle in rapid shots when heat is over 40 so that you can get heat to keep dissapating faster. remember that dps is about the amount of heat vented not the amount of heat used.