Legacy Abilities -- best for Shadow?

Graelkat

I haven't kept up with how Legacy abilities will work in 1.2 (and perhaps they are still in flux). But it seems like you will be able to adopt another class's -- ability for use in dailies with your companion at least -- IF you have another character with that ability on your account. Maybe I have that wrong.

Anyway, I might be inclined to level up another character that has the ability if necessary to get something helpful.

Anyone know:

1. If it will really work this way?

2. What other classes' abilities would be best for shadow?

Thanks.

I haven't kept up with how Legacy abilities will work in 1.2 (and perhaps they are still in flux). But it seems like you will be able to adopt another class's -- ability for use in dailies with your companion at least -- IF you have another character with that ability on your account. Maybe I have that wrong.

Anyway, I might be inclined to level up another character that has the ability if necessary to get something helpful.

Anyone know:

1. If it will really work this way?

2. What other classes' abilities would be best for shadow?

Thanks.

The only things truthfully is the buffs if you level characters through Act 2.

Other than that its all Fluff.

1. It is only usable with a companion, and only when you are in your Heroic Moment (1 minute skill on a 20 minute cooldown).

2. Haven't scoured the list in detail, but from a tanking shadow perspective, probably the JK's Force Sweep would be the most useful. Or at least something whose use is immediately apparent.

Seems like the consensus is JK, then maybe trooper for end/def buff?

Q: if you have both republic and imperial alts with similar buffs finished with chapter 2, will the mirror image buffs stack? i wouldn't guess they would, but still curious.

No they don't stack but the Class pool is shared.

I mean that if you are a Shadow and on the same server you got a Bounty Hunter, a Marauder and a Scoundrel that have completed Chapter 2, you will get, in a single key press, all the Class Buffs applied to you (I still haven't seen confirmed your party/op also gets the extra buffs... Makes sense, but I haven't seen it specifically tested and reported). Notice also that the Consular will get the benefits of the 3 other characters already at Level 1 (The others will not receive the Consular buff until the Shadow completes his/her Chapter 2 storyline).

Also remember that, the 1st time you complete the questline on a Companion type (final quest usually given at affection 9000) you get a bonus to general performance, afaik the table is the following:

Healer -> Bonus to Healing received

Melee DPS -> Bonus to Surge Rating

Ranged DPS -> Bonus to Crit Chance

Melee Tank -> Bonus to Accuracy

Ranged Tank -> Bonus to Max Health

This bonus is only given once (Succesive bonus coming from the same "finished" Comparion Type on other characters just translate to +10 Pressence) and it can be achieved/enjoyed by all characters in the same Server pool.

Edited by ragamer

Well, considering you can only use it for 1min per 20mins, these legacy skills are rather pointless, i know the limitation is to stop the pvp'ers from QQ'ing, but this feature is just stupid.

I would prefer to have a choice between an ability that i can only use when i use a 20min cooldown or some stat bonuses, i would choose the stat bonuses every single time.

Well, considering you can only use it for 1min per 20mins, these legacy skills are rather pointless, i know the limitation is to stop the pvp'ers from QQ'ing, but this feature is just stupid.

I would prefer to have a choice between an ability that i can only use when i use a 20min cooldown or some stat bonuses, i would choose the stat bonuses every single time.

Maybe I'm confused here, but I think there may be a few separate issues here. Granted that the new force abilities you get from having an alt finish Chapter 3{?} are only usable while the heroic moment ability is up.

But I also thought that:

1. You will get the benefit of the alt's buff all the time (provided the alt finished Chapter 2), so for example a shadow with a chapter 2 alt JK would get plus 5% to melee and ranged damage all the time.

2. Also, if you get a companion over 9000 affection and ran through all the conversations with that companion, you would be rewarded a bonus to crit or surge or whatever, depending on the companion. This bonus would apply all the time.

Maybe I'm wrong. And I'm still curious how much the companion bonus in #2 is.

Maybe I'm wrong. And I'm still curious how much the companion bonus in #2 is.

Haven't found numeric info on that... As the source I found relates to the SS testers published about the different Legacy Effects. Sadly the tooltips on those SS are very detailed but... They intentionally avoid giving detailed numbers.

Personally, I would prefer them being usable whenever you have a companion out, not just when you use the heroic ability.

This would still prevent you from using them in PvP and Ops.

Personally, I would prefer them being usable whenever you have a companion out, not just when you use the heroic ability.

This would still prevent you from using them in PvP and Ops.

This, just having them useable once every 20 freaking minutes means its just one more spell on my bar that hardly every gets used, GREAT!!! There is ZERO reason not to allow these spells to be used with their normal CD's as long as you can't use them in PVP or Raiding. I'm guessing after a few months or years they'll realize this and patch a fix to make the tier 3 legacy not semi-worthless.

Abilities that could prove very useful IF they weren't tied to requiring a companion. As it is it's all just fluff.

Saber/Crippling Throw(A 30M range attack would be nice, not to mention throwing a Double Saber would look awesome)

Leg Slash(For movement debuff, more useful for Infiltration than Kinetic or Balance)

Master Strike(Would be very useful for all builds, does respectable damage while regenerating force over the 3 second channel)

Force Leap(More efficient than Force Speed in PvE, in PvP I'm told it would be OP because we have Force Pull, even though Vanguards have both Harpoon and Storm.)

Force Choke/Stasis(Being able to lockout an enemy for 3 seconds while doing decent damage is always a good thing)

Force Lightning(Yes we have Telekinetic Throw, but it would be awesome if we could replace it with Lightning if we had enough dark side points/rank)

Cauterize(A melee dot would be a welcome addition to the arsenal, even better for a balance Shadow)

Force Push(More useful to a Sage, even still having a good knockback ability would be great, even better if it affected one of our skills the way it affects Force Leap, so instead using Force Push makes your next Telekinetic Throw Immobilize the target for it's duration.)

Note: I did not add any legacy abilities from Blaster based classes because I don't believe force users should have any of their abilities as much as I believe blaster classes should not have access to force abilities. Just a matter of personal preference.