Tales from Jabba's palace

Malrus

Its awesome. I think either that one or the bounty hunter one has some boba fett info that seems to be non-canon since those books came out before the pre-quels.

Its definitally a fun read though.

it is canon.

Edited by ToEasy

It’s a good read. Basically a collection of short stories that really flesh out many of the background characters that we see wandering the palace.

Almost all the stories in the book are good but my favorites are:

A Boy and His Monster: The Rancor Keeper's Tale

And Then There Were Some: The Gamorrean Guard's Tale

A Bad Feeling: The Tale of EV-9D9

A Barve like That: The Tale of Boba Fett

I would recommend getting Tales from the Mos Eisley Cantina and Tales of the Bounty Hunters as well.

Edited by TheBentOne

Which one has this in it? I havn't read them in so long....

Han Solo, aged somewhat, face to face with an aged Boba Fett, neither one sure if he can raise his gun in time to beat the other... and no one knows where Han is?

it is canon.

oooohhh a canon debate i'm in.

No it is not canon. It came out in 1994 LONG before the current canon system (almost 10 years before) Anyhow part of the current canon system is that anything in the EU that does not conform with G-canon or contradicts anything that is G-canon is not canon.

So in RoTJ we have Boba Fett die. This is confirmed by the movie, the script, the official novelization and George Lucas saying Boba Fett dies in several interviews and as recent as the DVD commentary means that Boba Fett is dead and the book is not canon.

BTW Tales of the Bounty Hunters is a great book it was the first Star Wars book I ever read.

I really like IG-88s story.

No it is not canon. It came out in 1994 LONG before the current canon system (almost 10 years before) Anyhow part of the current canon system is that anything in the EU that does not conform with G-canon or contradicts anything that is G-canon is not canon.

So in RoTJ we have Boba Fett die. This is confirmed by the movie, the script, the official novelization and George Lucas saying Boba Fett dies in several interviews and as recent as the DVD commentary means that Boba Fett is dead and the book is not canon.

BTW Tales of the Bounty Hunters is a great book it was the first Star Wars book I ever read.

So is this book completely non-cannon or what

In actual fact I already have the book along with Decieved, Fatal Alliance, Revan and another book about lightsabers. I just wanted to hear people's thoughts on this book before I read it without people saying that I will find out when I read it

Guessing all of these 'confirmations' of Boba Fett's death were before the Bounty Hunter trilogy came out then (I forget exactly what the trilogy was called), but it had some history and future in for Boba Fett.

So far as the "real" canon goes, I think everyone should do what I did. Decide what you want to be canon, and accept that. You may as well, especially if you are an EU fan, because there is so much stuff out there that contradicts each another.

I agree though, IG-88's story is excellent.

@OP: Tales from Jabba's Palace is brilliant. I forget the name of the story, but I especially love the one about his Weequay guards.

Edited by dazednconfuzed

So is this book completely non-cannon or what

In actual fact I already have the book along with Decieved, Fatal Alliance, Revan and another book about lightsabers. I just wanted to hear people's thoughts on this book before I read it without people saying that I will find out when I read it

not the whole book just the stories that contradict G-canon.

Guessing all of these 'confirmations' of Boba Fett's death were before the Bounty Hunter trilogy came out then (I forget exactly what the trilogy was called), but it had some history and future in for Boba Fett.

So far as the "real" canon goes, I think everyone should do what I did. Decide what you want to be canon, and accept that. You may as well, especially if you are an EU fan, because there is so much stuff out there that contradicts each another.

@OP: Tales from Jabba's Palace is brilliant. I forget the name of the story, but I especially love the one about his Weequay guards.

Doesn't matter when it was since it's G-canon. The newest conformation would be the Star Wars Blu Ray commentary where George Lucas talks about Boba Fetts death.

Can't say for sure what triology you are refering to. I remember there was one that got almost completely written out when Attack of the Clones came out and said Boba was a clone.

Han Solo, aged somewhat, face to face with an aged Boba Fett, neither one sure if he can raise his gun in time to beat the other... and no one knows where Han is?

Either Tales of the Bounty Hunters or Tales from Jabba's Palace, I think its Tales of the Bounty Hunters, it has been forever since I have read this though.

Slave Ship series I believe. It started with the Mandalorian Armor.

Tales of the bounty hunters

Slave Ship series I believe. It started with the Mandalorian Armor.

The Bounty Hunter Wars series? Yeah thats also before the current canon system that came out back in the late 90s. I think around 98 or so.

Also remember the Clone Wars TV series is makes a lot of that non canon as well.

edit: Yeah just found my copy of it. Yeah that trilogy is all non canon now.

Edited by jarjarloves

The Bounty Hunter Wars series? Yeah thats also before the current canon system that came out back in the late 90s. I think around 98 or so.

Also remember the Clone Wars TV series is makes a lot of that non canon as well.

edit: Yeah just found my copy of it. Yeah that trilogy is all non canon now.

That's it the Bounty Hunter Wars! How does the clone wars render that non canon? I don't recall any references about Fetts past in the series. Also the first book in that series came out in 98. Wouldn't Wookiee have made a note about it being non canon if it was?