Graphics question

DarthTito

Just purchased(or rather just received) a Battalion 101 P150HM notebook from ibuypower. It has 16gbs of RAM, intel i7 2.7 GHz processor and an AMD radeon HD 6990M graphics card. I was having trouble with the graphics for SWTOR when i first installed so i updated the graphics driver to 12.2 which made things worse, and i just tried 12.3 with little improvement. Im using the 12.1 preview driver and 12.1 CAP, and can get 60.0 FPS on all high settings/ 100% tree and grass ONLY on my ship, everywhere else is low 30s. Is this normal for a notebook with these specs? Any tips to improve?

Another curious thing to add is that when i turn down all graphics settings on my ship its still capped at 60, so it doesnt change from high to low..

Note books aren't known for there gaming ability.

Did you try turning shader to VERY LOW, and shadow to OFF? (not LOW, OFF. a lot of people miss that)

It's notebook not note book and it should get him at least stable 100 fps with those specs.

To OP

Try switching your power plan to Maximum performance, then check in your graphics driver settings whether you are using vertical sync or not (always turn vertical sync off). also, uncheck vertical sync in game settings.