Dessel Lrak epic story

Charell

last year i had to write a story that followed the heroic journey formula. i took that opportunity to write a story that took place during the Old republic.

please don't criticize it for being similar to Blood on the Empire, or for having a battle that does not happen of Korriban. i wrote it before a lot of info on the game came out, so the part with the emperor is a flaw i would like to point out

Hope You like it! :ph_thank_you:

Edited by Charell

It was a loud evening on Dromund Kaas. Celebrations were happening all over the city. The citizens were celebrating a recent victory on Yalix Seven. The victory was won by the sith commander, Dessel Lrak. Dessel was very proud of his victory, but was not celebrating. Instead he was being driven to the imperial palace by his loyal kaleesh slave, Beeku Sheelal. “Master, remind me again way we have to go to the palace instead of celebrating?” Beeku inquired.

“Why should we celebrate one victory in a war?” Dessel replied. “An almost endless war.”

The speeder they rode in arrived at the grand entrance to the emperor’s palace. Security started walking towards Dessel’s speeder but stopped when they realized who rode in it. Dessel strutted out of the speeder and walked to the palace with Beeku scrambling behind him. “The slave has to stay out here,” the security reminded Dessel.

Dessel gestured Beeku to stay outside. He continued to enter, but stopped and without looking back said “if my slave gets hurt some people won’t wake to another day again!”

He entered the palace darkness.

Dessel walked through a dark hallway and eventually came to the emperor’s throne room. The room was a circle shape with twelve dark lords and the emperor surrounding him. Dessel immediately bowed down. “Welcome Dessel Lrak,” the emperor said. “We have heard much of your potential.”

“Thank you, my lord,” Dessel said bravely.

There was a pause, but then the emperor said, “If I asked you to do something, would you fulfill my wish?”

“Yes my lord.”

At that moment, Dessel’s former master was dragged out, and chained to the ground. “Kill him,” the emperor said slyly.

Dessel hesitated, but ignited his lightsaber, which light up the room with a red glow, and beheaded his former master. “Have I down your bidding, my lord?” Dessel asked politely.

“Yes,” the emperor replied, “you have down quite well.”

The emperor paused again and continued, “I have a mission for you, Dessel. My intelligence has told me that another sith warrior has gone astray from our cause. Her name is Kep Ip and recently stated her opinion of our war, that is against the destruction of the republic. If you succeed in eliminating this problem, the council will grant the you the title of Darth Norare.”

“I will not fail you, my lord,” Dessel said with pride.

The emperor’s assistant handed Dessel a holoprojector. “Kep was last seen at a celebration on Sadow Boulevard,” the emperor said, “you are dismissed Dessel.”

As Dessel strutted out of the throne room he took a glance at the holoprojector the emperor had given him. It contained an image of a young female zabrak. Her long black hair covered her horns. The holoprojector also contained the info of her whereabouts.

When Dessel exited the palace he strutted toward Beeku and said, “ready my ship and come when I call you.”

With that, Dessel walked toward his speeder, and headed to Sadow Boulevard.

Dessel arrived at Sadow Boulevard when the sun had completely set. He left his speeder in an alleyway and started looking for Kep. After questioning a couple people, he found Kep sitting in a bar, playing the card game Sabbac. Dessel started walking towards Kep, when he was blasted backwards by the force. Dessel immediately stood up and ran towards the escaping target. Kep jumped into an elevator and shut the door closed seconds before Dessel reached her. Dessel ripped the door open, and started to climb the elevator shaft. He got to the elevator, that was still moving up, and used his lightsaber to open a hole in the elevator. Dessel jumped through the hole, but was too late. Kep had already gotten off. Dessel waited till the elevator got to the roof of the building, and then got out. He walked to the edge of the roof, and spied Kep scaling the side of a nearby building.

Dessel jumped off the roof and grabbed onto the building Kep was climbing. They both continued to climb for a while, but Kep took the offensive and threw her lightsaber down toward Dessel. Dessel avoided the saber. They both got to the top of the building. Kep stood at the edge of the roof and said, “Is your mission to kill me?”

Dessel didn’t reply. “Is It!” Kep screamed

“yes,” Dessel said, “it is.”

With that Kep jumped off the roof. Dessel ran to the edge to see her fall to the ground. But, she didn’t hit the ground, she landed on a starship. Kep opened a hatch on the ship, and went inside it. Dessel knew she was making her escape so he threw a tracking beacon at her ship. Dessel called Beeku on his comlink and said, “Bring me my ship.”

Dessel waited, and gazed at Kep’s ship leaving the planet.

A couple hours later, Dessel and Beeku were in hyperspace. They were heading to the Rhelg system, which was were Kep Ip was heading. Dessel had been meditating the whole way, but stopped when he sensed their arrival on Rhelg. Rhelg was mostly covered in jungle, but were they landed it was clear for about five miles. “Beeku, stay with the ship,” Dessel said. Dessel strutted out of the ship in search for Kep.

Eventually, Dessel found Kep’s ship. Kep was meditating on top of it. Dessel moved sneakily over to Kep, and when close enough he ignited his lightsaber and swung at her. Kep jumped and blocked his attack. Dessel sidestepped and swung again. But Kep blocked it too. Dessel then force pushed her off the top of the ship. Kep Ip landed on her feet and through her lightsaber at Dessel. Dessel grabbed the oncoming saber when Kep electrocuted Dessel. Dessel fell to the ground defeated, but Kep did not kill him. “Why won’t you just let me leave,’ Kep asked politely to the unarmed Dessel.

“It is my duty to kill you!” Dessel screamed angrily.

“From whom did you get this assignment to kill a fellow sith?” she asked like she already knew the answer.

“From the emperor himself,” Dessel said with pride.

“Do you even know his true goal?”

“All I need to know is that he is helping our people!” Dessel screamed.

“Foolish boy,” Kep said, “Our ancestors have sent many signs that they don’t agree with what he’s doing.”

“Liar!” Dessel screamed even more angrily.

Kep started circling him and continued talking, “If even our ancestors don’t agree with him, then why should we!?”

“Because he is our lord,” Dessel replied more calmly.

“But if our past lords, Naga Sadow, Exar Kun, and even Reven don’t agree with him, then why should we?”

Dessel didn’t answer, but instead stared at the ground. “Even you can’t understand why you follow him,” Kep said.

“He’s my lord,” Dessel said again.

“Well he’s not mine anymore!” Kep screamed at his face, “so know I’ve told the republic to stage an attack on Korriban.”

Kep paused for a minute, then revealed, “And during the attack I will blow the sith academy off the face of that small rock of a planet!”

With that Kep Ip stepped into her ship and flew away to Korriban.

Meanwhile Beeku was exploring Rhelg’s jungle nearby the ship. Master won’t be back for a while Beeku thought. I have time to explore. After a couple minutes, Beeku found an ancient sith temple. There’s nothing wrong with exploring Beeku thought, so he entered the tomb. Inside, the tomb was completely looted of all treasures. Beeku continued into the tomb. Eventually he entered the burial chamber. In the center of the room there laid a coffin. Beeku’s curiosity forced him to open the coffin, but inside there was no dead body, there was just a small glowing red triangular pyramid. Beeku picked it up, and thoughts of another man surged through his head. As Beeku left the tomb to return to the ship, the thoughts left him, but the memory stayed.

Dessel arrived at the ship to find Beeku tinkering with the engine. “Beeku!” Dessel yelled, “We have to leave immediately!”

“Yes Master,” Beeku replied.

As their ship left for Korriban, Beeku asked why are we going to Korriban?”

“To destroy an enemy of our lord,”Dessel answered.

Beeku remembered the thoughts he had in the tomb. “Are you sure that you should fulfill your mission?”

Dessel shot a glare at Beeku and yelled, “of course I should fulfill my mission!”

Dessel then went to a view port, and watched the stars roll by.

When they arrived over the skies of Korriban, Dessel could already see the battle being waged on the ground. Dessel flew his ship through the battle and landed at the entrance of a cave that led below the sith academy. Dessel ran out into the cave and told Beeku to stay with the ship. Dessel ran through the caverns below the academy. The caverns became pitch black so Dessel used his lightsaber like a glow rod to traverse the tunnels. Eventually, Dessel found Kep Ip meditating in an open cavern. Light was illuminating the cavern. The light was more like a red glow, but it made it a lot easier to see compared to the tunnels. Around the cavern were also many stalactites. Dessel charged at her with sith lightning, but she blocked it with her lightsaber. Kep jumped and striked down on Dessel but he dodged it. They continued attacking and blocking, over and over. “You will die!” Dessel screamed.

Kep just smiled. They continued fighting each other. They were completely even in power. Kep jumped and grabbed onto the ceiling of the cavern. Dessel threw his saber at her but she dodged it and jumped down. When Kep landed she swung at Dessel. Dessel blocked it and force pushed her to the wall of the cavern. Dessel lifted his lightsaber to make the finishing blow when blaster shots came from behind. Dessel turned around and deflected them all. In his anger he lashed out lightning at the unknown foe. Dessel started to walk to the dying body of the attacker. He could almost see the body of the mysterious enemy when Kep swung at him again. Dessel turned around at Kep and blocked the attack. “You are an enemy of the emperor and deserve to die!” Dessel yelled at her.

“You,” Kep replied, “you are an enemy of the will of the dark side!”

Dessel continued to fight Kep, continuing the stalemate. After hours of dueling, Dessel had gained the upper hand. “You can’t kill me!” Kep screamed at him, “You can’t!”

Dessel finally struck Kep Ip down. “With victory, my chains are broken,” Dessel said as he left the cavern. Along the way out, he passed the dead body of his slave, Beeku.