Returning to SWTOR questions.

jawaofdeath

i left swtor for a couple of months because it froze and lagged from my low RAM but since im getting it soon, i was just going to check with my guild and tell them i was still here but when i got on, me and one other guy were the only ones on our guild who were online out of about 50 people!

So here are my questions:

Ps: there might be many.

*I also noticed on tatooine (were i am now) there were only 22 people on it and korriban only had a few. is the game becoming unpopular, and are people not playing?

*the other guy in my guild said that most people are waiting for the 2.1 update so they are taking a break, is that true?

*(a general question). i used to play SWG and people seemed to be more interactive with other players, but in swtor i've been noticing more...solo stuff...i just need a better star wars feel i geuss (dont get me wrong, swtor OWNS swg) so if any one has any suggestions for that, that would be nice.

thats pretty much it. thanks for time

i left swtor for a couple of months because it froze and lagged from my low RAM but since im getting it soon, i was just going to check with my guild and tell them i was still here but when i got on, me and one other guy were the only ones on our guild who were online out of about 50 people!

*I also noticed on tatooine (were i am now) there were only 22 people on it and korriban only had a few. is the game becoming unpopular, and are people not playing?

*the other guy in my guild said that most people are waiting for the 2.1 update so they are taking a break, is that true?

*(a general question). i used to play SWG and people seemed to be more interactive with other players, but in swtor i've been noticing more...solo stuff...i just need a better star wars feel i geuss (dont get me wrong, swtor OWNS swg) so if any one has any suggestions for that, that would be nice.

1. No it's not, it only dpeends on the server you play on. You can check if it's light, standard or heavy. On the server I play on Korriban has over 50 people and Dromund Kaas has 150.

2. yes. And it's 1.2.

3. There's not enough group content for SWTOR. And most people these days tend to be antisocial. Just make the guild you're in larger with good people and you'll be fine.

The truth is, if you don't have "extra" money to throw around and time to go along with it then this game is not worth it. This game will frustrate your life more than it will make you happy to play.

The game looks great and feels amazing as you go through your story and you are all hyped up about having made the decision to play then.... You get to the end and realize how buggy everything is, there is no one around to play with because they have all realized the same thing, there is next to no content, professions are useless, the game has less than 50% of all standard features. As a single player game it's good but as an MMO it's a complete failure but people have to get to the end to figure that out so you will have all the noobs saying it's great until they get to the end.

Edited by Quintan

The truth is, if you don't have "extra" money to throw around and time to go along with it then this game is not worth it. This game will frustrate your life more than it will make you happy to play.

The game looks great and feels amazing as you go through your story and you are all hyped up about having made the decision to play then.... You get to the end and realize how buggy everything is, there is no one around to play with because they have all realized the same thing, there is next to no content, professions are useless, the game has less than 50% of all standard features. As a single player game it's good but as an MMO it's a complete failure but people have to get to the end to figure that out so you will have all the noobs saying it's great until they get to the end.

i like generalizations too.

Srsly, there are like what 8 classes, each with a unique storyline. Get them all to 50 will probably take you a while. learning how to play each classes will also take a while. Farming for all the best gears (pve and pvp) will take another while. When you've done that, 1.2 is probably history and they'd be working on 1.5 or something.

The only reason why people quits is because they rush the game and get to lvl 50 in like a week ( leveling is shockingly easy in this game) and when they do they get bored/get pwned by those lvl 50 who actually spent time to farm commendations in wz so hard they couldn't bring themselves to play.

Long story short;

Swtor is a game that requires you to take a moment and truly explore everything the game has to offer. Why do you think planet like tattoine and hoths are so big? There are there for players to explore, and maybe role play if that's your forte.

If you level fast:

Time seem to fly by and in a few weeks (maybe even days) you're gonna run out of things to do. That's what I did with my first mara and boy did i get own hard in warzones.

If you level slow:

you can start with a face-rolling class that requires little skill to play like, say, mercenary, complete it first, get your top pve/pvp gears, and then crank up the difficulties as you go along. Once you've done every class on 1 side, switch to republic side and start it over.

OR

you can just cancel your sub.

Pretty sure no one would care.

Edited by hyuplee

i like generalizations too.

Srsly, there are like what 8 classes, each with a unique storyline. Get them all to 50 will probably take you a while. learning how to play each classes will also take a while. Farming for all the best gears (pve and pvp) will take another while. When you've done that, 1.2 is probably history and they'd be working on 1.5 or something.

The only reason why people quits is because they rush the game and get to lvl 50 in like a week ( leveling is shockingly easy in this game) and when they do they get bored/get pwned by those lvl 50 who actually spent time to farm commendations in wz so hard they couldn't bring themselves to play.

Long story short;

Swtor is a game that requires you to take a moment and truly explore everything the game has to offer. Why do you think planet like tattoine and hoths are so big? There are there for players to explore, and maybe role play if that's your forte.

If you level fast:

Time seem to fly by and in a few weeks (maybe even days) you're gonna run out of things to do. That's what I did with my first mara and boy did i get own hard in warzones.

If you level slow:

you can start with a face-rolling class that requires little skill to play like, say, mercenary, complete it first, get your top pve/pvp gears, and then crank up the difficulties as you go along. Once you've done every class on 1 side, switch to republic side and start it over.

OR

you can just cancel your sub.

Pretty sure no one would care.

Yes you are correct, now continue to pay for a single player game if that is what makes you happy. I have already cancelled my sub and only after hundreds of other people on my Server including my entire guild. There will be new comers for a while but eventually everyone figures out the game is not worth paying a sub for.

Jesus Christ you guys just answer the question liike the first guy did I dont need all this stuff about how the game sucks because really this game is amazing. if swtor was not worth your money then return it and don't preach to me.

Jesus Christ you guys just answer the question liike the first guy did I dont need all this stuff about how the game sucks because really this game is amazing. if swtor was not worth your money then return it and don't preach to me.

Welcome to the community section... don't go in the general discussion... don't...

all correct appart from (dont get me wrong, swtor OWNS swg) not at all, don't get me wrong I'm a beta swg player so might be biased but I just like to get down to simple facts, SWG had more depth, the downside was they lost all there key devs due to poor managment, just employed new young dev's who adhered to the fast coins tactic in the end which eventually became it's downfall.

I kinda veiw SWG like the Roman empire back it's glory, set the standards, gave something most others was scared to give, went down the path's most other's wouldn't dare go. But eventually all good things must come to an end.

Anway patrionism aside SWG was a win structure and sadly no other developers seem to be pinching the best bits from a game which had so much depth, if you added the depth SWG offered but glossed over it with a new fancy look I would bet money on it that it would be a win structure.

I had to add some more as I don't feel I went in depth enough with this, I personally feel what keep's player happy online and playing day in day out? it's depth and community nothing repetative.

grab the best bits from SWG, i.e crafting, not just simple items you reverse engineer to get better items, a little more indepth would be super, you craft not only to make items everyone else has but you're in a market trying to achieve better than other crafters with people you maybe pay to drag in resources for you.

community isn't just about a huge spam of people looking to get better items, it should be random, so random infact you might even just randomly pass someone's ingame wedding where 30 people or more have attended while you're driving by on your speeder bike, that was the nice community touches I liked in SWG.

Space, no comment I think If I gave my 10 year old nephew some creative tools he might come up with something better than what we currently have but same again SWG was a huge hit with space, a huge ammount of depth finally went into it and sadly it overshadowed the ground aspects in later stages.

I could go on but I won't, I guess all I'm saying is I find it silly dev companys don't go out there way to take the best bits from games that have failed and would rather focus on the current market of games which are doing ok but nothing more.

Edited by SirTanne

Yes you are correct, now continue to pay for a single player game if that is what makes you happy. I have already cancelled my sub and only after hundreds of other people on my Server including my entire guild. There will be new comers for a while but eventually everyone figures out the game is not worth paying a sub for.

Brilliant, more "I know everything" observations. I am always deeply moved by those who quit and continue posting.

If you don't rage play to the end as fast as possible then yell about not enough content you will enjoy yourself. Play all the classes, explore the story, learn to craft. Find a good guild and enjoy friends. Heck even while it is rather limited fly in space.

Brilliant, more "I know everything" observations. I am always deeply moved by those who quit and continue posting.

If you don't rage play to the end as fast as possible then yell about not enough content you will enjoy yourself. Play all the classes, explore the story, learn to craft. Find a good guild and enjoy friends. Heck even while it is rather limited fly in space.

Amen to that.