The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

2 questions for ya, 1 regarding upcoming patch

VeritasTEXAS

firstly this is my pvp dps pyro build, thoughts?

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301hMhMZMsZfGbbzGhM.1

good burst dmg, kinda rough on heat as long as you dont spam fb. only thing i really had to weigh on was the 3 pts in Burnout. the 30% increase on DoTs under 30% health i felt was geared more for pve bosses, and the 3% tech crit was gained in only 1 skill point in prototype cyclinders. im half champ half bm and am top dmg 90% of the time.

secondly a question on upcoming patch. how does the skill points refund work after 1.2 hits? are your pts refunded as soon as you login? because if so i still have to go right back into what i alrdy have and see if it screws me royally. if it does, then is my next respec 100k?

I would say definitely move 2 points into sweltering heat. Not having a snare would make life difficult. Would personally sacrifice the 2% endurance to get this. Also maybe lose the points in rebraced armour in favour of energy rebounder. One thing about pyro is our cd's always seem to be on cooldown and I think overall it would mitigate more dmg than rebraced armour in PvP.

Not sure how these builds do dps wise. It'spossible that TD will become more important for burst in 1.2 with the changes to PPA and the rail shot internal CD.

1) Remove the 2 points in Rebraced Armor and put them in Burnout OR Hot Iron.

2) Totally remove the 2 points in Integrated Cardio package and put them in Sweltering Heat.

8/6/27 Is really very nice because it is also perfect for PvE(operations) as well.

1.2 may change things a bit. If burst becomes an issue because of the PPA change, then going 31 pyro to get TD may be needed.

Hello,

When you log into your Powertech after Patch 1.2 is released, all of your skill points will have been automatically refunded. You may reallocate your skill points as you see fit, but you will need to reset all of them.

Hope this helps!

Hello,

When you log into your Powertech after Patch 1.2 is released, all of your skill points will have been automatically refunded. You may reallocate your skill points as you see fit, but you will need to reset all of them.

Hope this helps!

sad how a "refund" needs to be explained, isn't it?