Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Has anything been said about Open World PVP?

halueryphi

It still amazes me that pvp was handled so terribly in this game. Pvp was the most talked about subject on forums since even before the game came out. Yet they are acting completely oblivious to it. In their presentation of 1.2 they actually said something like "we are pleasantly surprised at how popular pvp is. We didnt expect it." The absurdity of the statement was mind numbing. Make of that what you will.

please for the love of god lol use the correct tense.. Ilum IS not a crapfest, Ilum WAS a crapfest :p

That said no Open World PvP isn't coming back in atleast 2 months if at all.

I remember when OWPvP used to be random and people didn't expect for the developers to have to force players to pile up in 1 area and fight.

If your server doesn't put the effort to fight on any planet vs the other faction it's just as much your fault as it is Bioware's.

YES....

The players said thanks but no thanks.....

This is a GREAT PVP MMO

and like all GREAT PVP MMOs World PVP will always be an after thought.

Not that it isn't fun you understand, But with a GREAT game you don't need world PVP.

That said they'll find a way to do it so more people show up

I remember when OWPvP used to be random and people didn't expect for the developers to have to force players to pile up in 1 area and fight.

If your server doesn't put the effort to fight on any planet vs the other faction it's just as much your fault as it is Bioware's.

Yea :\ up to the 21st of December, World PvP for me was killing people while doing dailies >.>

And guess what it was more fun than ilum ever was!

It still amazes me that pvp was handled so terribly in this game. Pvp was the most talked about subject on forums since even before the game came out. Yet they are acting completely oblivious to it. In their presentation of 1.2 they actually said something like "we are pleasantly surprised at how popular pvp is. We didnt expect it." The absurdity of the statement was mind numbing. Make of that what you will.

Yes, that surprised me as well.

Especially considering that there is literally NOTHING else to do a week or two after hitting 50.

I must be weird but I'm actually one of the few people who had a lot of fun on Ilum. Before 1.1.5, the planet was always packed with a few ops on my server and it provided a nice change from warzones. I really hope they bring back world pvp of some form or another soon.

I must be weird but I'm actually one of the few people who had a lot of fun on Ilum. Before 1.1.5, the planet was always packed with a few ops on my server and it provided a nice change from warzones. I really hope they bring back world pvp of some form or another soon.

Ilum was great when I went there with a few guildies and we managed to roam around getting into small group battles. Thing that completely killed it though was the awful framerate once too many players were in the area. Instantly dropped to like 1-5 fps and even crashed to desktop ton of times.

For me at least, the biggest problem with Ilum was the game performance, not the area itself.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.