What is the nerf in 1.2 to Ars & what is a good pyro merc build?

Waku

Arsenal isn't really getting a nerf. What I understood is that there will be variety in the rotations while actually gaining a dps buff because of more Unload procs.

But they will change it so that tracer spam is not preferred.

Edited by PalawaJoko

Are they getting rid of the animations for heat seekers and tracer? I thought those animations were killer. Man I hope not...starting to kinda wish I rolled a PT or another class all together :(

Arsenal isn't really getting a nerf. What I understood is that there will be variety in the rotations while actually gaining a dps buff because of more Unload procs.

But they will change it so that tracer spam is not preferred.

Someone lied to you.

3% Less critical hit chance (Bodyguard tree, true also affects Pyros a lot)

5% Less damage reduction

5 Sec INCREASE to our main CC

These are all 50% Talent nerfs FYI with no compensation whatsoever.

Then there's the shared nerf of DFA.

Nothing has been added into the game to compensate our biggest issues - survivability.

We need a jet jump retreat power now that Bodyguard's got AED.

Someone lied to you.

3% Less critical hit chance (Bodyguard tree, true also affects Pyros a lot)

5% Less damage reduction

5 Sec INCREASE to our main CC

These are all 50% Talent nerfs FYI with no compensation whatsoever.

Then there's the shared nerf of DFA.

Nothing has been added into the game to compensate our biggest issues - survivability.

We need a jet jump retreat power now that Bodyguard's got AED.

There is an abundance on gear. 3% can be over-looked especially considering the 35% soft cap is easily reachable.

5% damage reduction? Does that apply to arsenal AND pyro or just to pyro?

5 second increase to our one and only (good) CC isn't going to make or break the class but yes it stinks.

Our compensation is a root now being applied to Jet Blast and higher damage and procs to Unload.

Personally, i will soldier on. I don't see a huge galactic change that gimps our class. It shakes it up, may even make it harder in some cases. So try harder, be better, or re-roll. Nobody is forcing you to stay one class.

Unload always was the #1 damage dealer with the Arsenal spec. People who only tracer spammed actually hurt their own damage.

One irony is tracer got the most whines for PvP when Pyro is FAR superior to arsenal in PvP; just not as flashy. (mobility and being able to 'LoS Kite' Arsenal being the the 2 easiest examples)

Arsenal will still be better for operations due to the armor debuff allowing everyone to do more dps. Pyro will still be better in PvP due to the same reasons it is now.

Conclusion they tweaked some numbers but I don't expect my playstyle for either pve or pvp to change much; it looks more like they are trying to nerf hybrid specing.

Edited by K_Schrimer

Did they change the animations for Tracer and Heatseeker??!!

The current Fusion missle animation and tracer is swapping so tracer will have the laser designator and fusion will have the bend over animation.

This switch was approved by 'popular demand'.

Cure now generates 8 Heat (down from 16).

Jet Boost now triggers snare visual effects on affected targets.

Power Shot has been rebalanced. It now generates 16 Heat, has a 2-second activation time, and deals approximately 10% less damage.

Tracer Missile and Fusion Missile's animations have been exchanged by popular demand from the community.

Onboard AED is a new level 50 ability that allows the Mercenary to revive an incapacitated ally. It is usable in combat. *UPDATED 3/29*

Power Surge can now be trained at level 46. *UPDATED 3/29*

Arsenal

Barrage: The chance to trigger this effect has been increased significantly.

Heatseeker Missiles' damage output has been increased by approximately 10%.

Jet Escape now reduces the cooldown of Jet Boost by 2.5 seconds per point.

Muzzle Fluting no longer reduces Heat costs. It now reduces the activation time of Power Shot and Tracer Missile by .5 seconds.

Power Barrier now provides 1% damage reduction per stack.

Tracer Missile has been rebalanced in order to encourage more active gameplay rotations. It now generates 16 Heat, has a 2-second activation time, and deals approximately 10% less damage.

here are the patch notes. TM got a 10% damage decrease. HSM got a 10% damage increase. unload will proc more. jetboost got a cd increase. power barriers damage reduction is reduced from 10% at full stacks to 5%

Edited by Cegenaus

Meh lame bioware is to change tracer animation... I understand some changes, but to change something like that is just beyond stupid! i love "bend over" with my tracer's, it's how bounty hunter spell was made, to change that will feel wierd for me... If i start hate it i might just quit the game.. .. What they change it since many ppl QQ and did not like animation? ***...

My issue is that Tracer still needs 5 stacks to be effective whatsoever. To increase the Heat and the cast time and nerf the hell out of the damage is BS. got a 10% decrease in damage and double the cast time only to get a 10% increase on Heat Seekers that has a CD. Then to add insult to injury they don't reduce the cost of any other abilities to compensate the god awful problems we have with heat anyway.

But its ok for Ops to be able to three shot someone since armor and expertise have no effect with their types of attacks period. I have 700 expertise and get my *** handed to me by ops in green gear. *** :mad:

My issue is that Tracer still needs 5 stacks to be effective whatsoever. To increase the Heat and the cast time and nerf the hell out of the damage is BS. got a 10% decrease in damage and double the cast time only to get a 10% increase on Heat Seekers that has a CD. Then to add insult to injury they don't reduce the cost of any other abilities to compensate the god awful problems we have with heat anyway.

But its ok for Ops to be able to three shot someone since armor and expertise have no effect with their types of attacks period. I have 700 expertise and get my *** handed to me by ops in green gear. *** :mad:

700 exp means you are in full BM, and if in full BM a full green Operative can kill you that fast then something is very wrong.

I would like to see a youtube of you in a duel with an OP..even one in Centurion or Champion gear.

When I go up against Mercs/Commandos with 600 to 700 expertise they are beasts able to mitigate via kiting, LOS, CD and self healing crazy amounts of damage.

Hear a bit about a nerf to ars spec mercs and just was not sure what that is? Also what is a good pyro build and the mechanics/rotations etc.

Thanks!

From looking at it closer we arent really being nerfed they are just trying to get people to use less TM and more Unload. My rotation will be getting a dps buff since unload is already the #1 damage dealer in arsenal (given you have riddle+barrage)