Speeder Racing? would you take part? (need feedback)

GalakDarkmoon

Speeder Racing!

:csw_speeder::csw_bike:

Hello once again to the weekly speeder races! Todays race is taking place on Tatooie, the home of speeder racing! Up for grabs today is 2.5k prize money! All these racers fancy there chances so lets get this weeks speederracing underway!

Racers you will go on 1. 3...2...1. and there off! first one to complete the track and back here is the winner of todays credits!

Hiya guys :)

bascially me and a friend were talking yesterday while on tatooie and we wondered if we could do speeder racing. so here we are giving tor gamers a chance to let us know what they think of the idea. any feedback would be much appreciated :)

We have also posted a permission thread on the customerservice forum hoping to get a reply from a bioware employee saying if we would be allowed to do it. im sure we would as its no loss to them if anything it could keep people playing more during race days (which would be the same every week unless said)

what happens when i leave your machines draqw distance and i pause and turn around and win? and 2.5 k? that dosent even cover a speeder. what do you propose the trak is?

repubs or imps? cant have both. i would say you need a crew of judges just like a rally race. you start one person off and 30 seconds later the next etc. the reacers hit waypoints and the judges at each way point note the time and send them along. you get the judges times and add them up at the end, player with best total time for course is winrar.

without a in game race track or other developer designed elements this race thing is subject to abuse. and you know it lol.

but if people who genuinely have a interest in having some fun and rolling around tat on a speeder.... you might want to make the prize pool come from the racers say 2.5k each racer matched by the sponsors of the race. so if 10 racers sign up, you got 12.5 k from the pool and 12.5k from the race sponsors for a total of 25k. for the winner.

also there are speeders of different speeds. so you have to make sure everyone is riding the same class or type of speeder.

i love the idea of speeder races. it would rally add something to the game, if you could add speeder mods and augments, like better upgradable thrusters and steering vanes, maybe a turbo boost of short duration, things that can be bolted on the speeders, also more custom speeder designs and paint schemes.

you know having a developer look into speeder racing as a expansion in the future is something i would gladly support. i still dont understand why there isnt more fun content. more minigames, take nar shadda for example why the heck is there the "vegasof the galaxy' and not a single game to play? where is the holochess games? imena seriously even final fantasy had tons of interesting side distractions for players. stuff like that gives people something else to do besides burnout ina warzone.

so speeder racing i fully support and think it should be added into the game by BioWare, how hard can it be to open a piece of the sandbox and put a course on there, with some pitfalls and slow downs so you need to learn the proper course,(sometimes the longer route is faster due to something or someTHUNG getting in our way) and having droids keep track of our times. add a leader board for that and wheeee, im a speeder racing fool, i always thought speeder jousting would be fun with vibro lances. really simple to put two speeders on rails and have a player climb on and aim for the opponent. but fun for all? most likely not.

having speeder races on tat, and maybe snow class speeders with skis for something clod related for hoth.

even taris has a lot of interesting course design options and most are already in game.

youve sparked my imagination with your post i hope something comes of it.

bioware already said they have plans to add it in just not in the immediate future. it is on the list of things they are looking into to be implemented. cant remember where i read it perhaps others will know more info about it. might have been a question asked at the summit.

personally i want them to fix what is already in the game before more broken stuff is added.

i love the idea of speeder races. it would rally add something to the game, if you could add speeder mods and augments, like better upgradable thrusters and steering vanes, maybe a turbo boost of short duration, things that can be bolted on the speeders, also more custom speeder designs and paint schemes.

I dont know about the game being boring, but this idea here is a frigging gem.

Dev srsly should consider this.

Edited by hyuplee