Shadow/Assassin, worth re-leveling?

Foxrynn

Hi everyone, my name is a Foxrynn and I am a Shadow Consular... (Oh sorry, forgot this wasn't an AA forum.) I managed to level a Shadow to 42 and a Jedi Knight Sentinel to 40, but due to poor server population *cough*Belgoths Beacon*cough* I decided to switch to a more populated server. My question for everyone is, is it worth it to level another Shadow/Assassin or Sentinel/Marauder? Mind you, I never really conformed to the popular spec for both classes (Focus/Kinetic). Is it really worth the headache to re-level one of these classes on a more populated server and be dominated by the same class with a more superior spec? I plan on leveling a toon on The Fatman.

darkness assassins are arguably overpowered and one of the best classes. It destroys in PvP and is a very viable tank.

Deception assassin is terrible sustained dps and isn't really useful at all in PVP and madness is a viable spec in PvE but it's lacking in PvP. An annihalation marauder can put out equivalent to or greater dps than a madness assassin, I'm fairly certain of that.

Edited by Toxification

Play what you like. why is it only 42? is it because your not sure you really like it?

You may want to re-evaluate your reasons for picking the class. Try out a few others (you have the time...no hurries), and see if any of the others appeal to you. I started on a Shadow (balance spec), then tried a Jugg on sith side, and loved it. Currently leveling my shadow and a mirror Assassin slowly, but they're not my favorite class.

Don't listen to the "OP" whiners, every class has a benefit over another and weaknesses against another. Most moan because they can't defeat every setup so they beg for nerfing, but you'll find plenty Bounty's out there doing incredible things, just as there are Marauders, just as there are Assassins and you'll even see an Agent dishing out some amazing damage and unless you are going up against bad players, you'll never win 100%.

Anyway, ask yourself, did you enjoy the play style? Did you enjoy the storyline? Have you tried other classes? I'm a 50 Shadow on a dead server, rerolled Assassin on a busier server because after hitting level 30 on Agent, Inquisitor and Bounty I just found I didn't enjoy the, at times, easy mode feel play style as much, though sometimes it does feel like a waste of time having to repeat but at least the story is different from Imp side. (Server Merge already!!!)

Never play a character based on who is the most overpowered, because character balances change over time. Also, that makes you basically a boring person without a sense of identity.

Play what you think is fun. If it happens to be a class that's overpowered, then so be it. If not, don't let that stop you; overcome the handicap, and once your class gets buffed, enjoy your time in the spotlight.

Never play a character based on who is the most overpowered, because character balances change over time. Also, that makes you basically a boring person without a sense of identity.

Play what you think is fun. If it happens to be a class that's overpowered, then so be it. If not, don't let that stop you; overcome the handicap, and once your class gets buffed, enjoy your time in the spotlight.

And, in only a few words, he solved it all...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.