Fair's Fair Billy Jean

Jasno

/agreed

If DoTs are a tactical advantage to negate stealth, IN MY OPINION that you, dear reader, probably disagree with, DoTs should interrupt all things that DAMAGE interrupt.

Cause

The first letter

in DoT

is

You know,

DAMAGE?!

NOt saying get rid of the damage, just the stealth break. To clarify

no way

NOt saying get rid of the damage, just the stealth break. To clarify

no way

This kid's mad ^

no way

Edited by atreyuz

Wow thank you for your insightful and thought out response.

there isnt much more to add than a no to that suggestion.

stealthers already have their ways of dealing with dots breaking stealth.

Edited by atreyuz

there isnt much more to add than a no to that suggestion.

stealthers already have their ways of dealing with dots breaking stealth.

you mean our dot clearing mechanic which as an Operative i can tell you since the last patch only works about half of the time? (seriously, *** did they break with the patch !? )

I agree with and fully support the OP!

DOTs should break nothing, only do damage. If, as it seems BW holds as policy. They've demonstrated it when they did the thing with the doors and caps.

Next you'll be asking for direct damage to not break you from stealth or stop you capping points.

you mean our dot clearing mechanic which as an Operative i can tell you since the last patch only works about half of the time? (seriously, *** did they break with the patch !? )

I agree with and fully support the OP!

You are wrong. It removes all DoT effects on use, then only protects you versus certain attacks, but doesn't prevent DoTs from being placed if the attacks aren't covered in the description.

It's a stupid idea. Stealth needs a counter, just like ranged has a few counters (LoS and ranging).

OP this OP that

TO use a clche' whats good for the goose is good for the gander. And if a DOT won't break someone capping then it shouldn't break stealth. You can't have it both ways.

How is it balanced if a dot will do one thing one place yet won't in another?

I see all you kiddies on here crying about balance, yet here is a clear IMBALANCE that you deny exists. Whats happening is the old nerf wars crap where people have to go on the damn forums and lobby for their class as part of their gameplay.

So okay keep the DOT breaking stealth and keep the dot breaking caps

Seems like a bad idea, and I have both stealthers at 50. The reason to stop DoTs from preventing caps is that many of them last a long time. If you're stuck with a dot on you, and you can't cleanse it, you're out of luck. On the other hand, both stealth classes have an ability to remove dots (2 in the case of the agent depending on dot type.) If say a jugg beats you fair and square, you shouldn't be able to throw a long duration dot on them as you die and stop them from taking a cap til you rez and get back. Stealthers have other ways out built into the class. I know you're upset about the nerf, but it seems like a fair one in and of itself.

OP this OP that

TO use a clche' whats good for the goose is good for the gander. And if a DOT won't break someone capping then it shouldn't break stealth. You can't have it both ways.

How is it balanced if a dot will do one thing one place yet won't in another?

I see all you kiddies on here crying about balance, yet here is a clear IMBALANCE that you deny exists. Whats happening is the old nerf wars crap where people have to go on the damn forums and lobby for their class as part of their gameplay.

So okay keep the DOT breaking stealth and keep the dot breaking caps

Good point, why should dots do damage and kill people? I mean, they don't stop door caps, so they shouldn't be able to do this other thing that has nothing to do with door caps.