Tusken raiders...

Dchsknight

So I was watching the star wars dancing off at disney on youtube. A thought hit my mind as the video play list went to a star wars parade...

What do tusken raiders look like under the mask?

They look like normal humans under the mask.

They look like normal humans under the mask.

Not exactly. They are humanoid, and the possibility exists that if you go far back enough you may find an ancestral link to Humans, something suggested by Knights of the Old Republic, but they are a distinct species. They do, on occasion, take in members of other species and conform them to their customs. A'Sharad Hett, for example, was a Human who adopted the Sand People lifestyle.

Dawn of the Jedi, the series take takes place tens of thousands of years BBY details the species that inhabited Tatooine back when it was conquered by the Rakata and the Infinite Empire.

The Kumumgah, were the first inhabitants, who diverged into two races, the Ghorfa (Sand People/Tusken Raiders) and the Jawa. Star Wars biology and time being what it is, there is a chance the current Sand People look little like how their ancestors, the Kumumgah, are depicted. Most likely, they look like upscaled Jawas, whose faces are also hidden, but possess some decidedly alien characteristics.

Long story short, like many aliens, they don't look like Humans... but they kind of look like Humans.

Reminds me of the convo we hear on Tatooine during the Imperial side bonus series....

Mando 1: You really saw what they look like under the mask?

Mando 2: Yep. Was out the other day and one ambushed me, so I took him down clean then undid the wraps and took a peak.

Mando 1: So what was under the wraps? What did he look like?

Mando 2: Dead.

They are pretty close to human, they have some distinctive off-features though, kind of like Evocii natives on Hutta. The Evocii have the human characteristics, but with a different nose and shinier skin. And the sand people are kind of weird to describe.

If it's any help, Tuskens and Jawas are descended from the same ancient race, and Jawas are like little gross rats under their hoods.