The Old Republic Books

hichigo

Was curious, I know there are 3 books to a company the game

• Deceived
  • Revan
  • Fatal Alliance

but what order are they best read? Ive heard they never got released in order and was looking to purchase them but not till I know what to get first.

:confused:

cheers

ive read the revan book i havent any of the others yet the revan book takes place way before the others so i say start with that i loved it i think if ur a kotor fan ull like it. if it helps i belive the other two books go decived and fatal alliance but i could be wrong

read all three and enjoyed each one, as far as timeline goes revan would def come first as it takes place 300 years before the time of the game. then i would say deceived, since deceived is actually taken place right at the time as the first trailer came out when malgus sacks the jedi temple, thats actually the opening chapter of the book pretty cool to read through malgus' the whole destruction of the temple. then fatal alliance is sometime after the treaty of coruscant and at this time satele shan is the grand master, during the last two trailers "hope" and "return" she was not GM.

so if you wanna follow the timeline read them in that order: revan, deceived, fatal alliance

i however read them as they were published: fatal alliance, deceived, revan

hope that helps

cheers for the info guys. just ordered them all earlier so now im all ready to read them when they arrive.

will prob do it in order of timeline just so i get a better grasp of the story :)

thanks again :)

Was curious, I know there are 3 books to a company the game

• Deceived
  • Revan
  • Fatal Alliance

but what order are they best read? Ive heard they never got released in order and was looking to purchase them but not till I know what to get first.

:confused:

cheers

Chronologically they are:

• * Revan
    * Deceived
    * Fatal Alliance

I have heard that Deceived was the best recieved. I would check into that if you can't afford any of the others, I liked Paul Kemp's book Crosscurrent.

Revan wasnt trash like some say, and im no Revan fanboy thats for sure, to me it was like a reunion with old freinds with surprising revlations about the Sith thrown in.

Fatal Alliance was surprisingly one of the best stand alone SW novels i've read in a long time.

Decieved was a glimps into the mind of an extremist....and kind of disturbing, Malgus is completly obsesed with power to the point to where if he was the last being in the universe....i think he'd beat himself to death to prove he was powerfull enough to do so.

Decieved was a glimps into the mind of an extremist....and kind of disturbing, Malgus is completly obsesed with power to the point to where if he was the last being in the universe....i think he'd beat himself to death to prove he was powerfull enough to do so.

His personality is the very essence of everything that every sith aspires to be, to read that book is to realize that the sith are not just your average darksiders, they are more evil still.

Whether you take the narrowminded approach or open yourself to all possibilities as a sith, the pursuit of power is always first and foremost important.

And that is why their order's creed is inherently as flawed as the Jedi code. They both focus on one thing and they both take their teachings too literally.

The sith focus on personal freedom through power, to be powerful enough that noone can tell you what to do, but in seeking that power they chain themselves to their own emotions, believing that power only comes from passion.

The jedi focus on universal peace and unity with the force, to live in service to something greater than themselves. To do so they forgo their own emotions, which ironically leaves them much more open to temptation than the average guy. This, in addition to the self imposed stigma that dark side mentality and actions place upon them make most jedi easy prey for seduction and turning to the dark side.

In addition to this they are also much more conservative and stubborn, which is in itself a crippling flaw.

That Malgus is seen as an extremist shows something about the sith order, most of them are too afraid to live by what they preach. And that is just silly.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.