Bodyguard Merc

Gennek

Hello dear mercenary community,

I´ve played my mercenary up to level 50 as an arsenal, recently changed to pyrotech because of pvp and now I want to try heal. I tried to heal once in bt hm and it worked quit good ( I didnt got any experience or gear for healing), but I got some heat-problems here and there. So I wonder how experienced healer mercs manage their heat and what tools they use to keep it down, because I can hardly imagine healing 4-8 people at once in operations if I already get problems in black talon hm. Could anyone tell me how it works in operations and harder flashpoints? Do you take healing-breaks between the casts? I hope you can help me.

A good portion comes from gear and especially gearing correctly for lower gear levels, then the next important thing is to follow the correct rotations or priorities, however, Triage always trumps any rotation or priority (i.e. If some one needs a Rapid Shots to reach full health, but you should be casting Rapid Scan to follow the rotation, then you need to cast Rapid Shots).

I would recommend using ES on cd, KS when below 2-3 stacks (aim for casting it right when the last stack falls off), using KM on at least 2 people (you can use it in conjunction with SCG on the tank for the shield), Healing Scan on cooldown followed by a Rapid Scan for 9 heat0, Rapid Scan for 25 heat, and lastly use Cure as needed.

Another thing to do is to maximize your global cooldowns by spamming RpS when you don't need to use a larger healing ability. This ensures that you are padding health bars without wasting any resource. You can also time the use of Thermal Systems Override to allow you to cast a Rapid Scan when you have overheated (heat>84) and need a large heal. Then you can also use Power Surge with Rapid Scan to get an instant large heal that will save you some time on healing. Supercharged Gas will vent 16 heat as soon as you use it, so aim to use it with at least 21-25 heat. Lastly, remember that Vent Heat instantly removes 50 heat when talented then vents an additional 8 every 1.5 seconds for 3 seconds, so aim to use that when you are at least about 70 heat.

Edited by zeroskaterMHS

Learn to mix rapid shots in between many of your heals. Our heals are big and cost a fair amount of heat, and if you are just healing with abilities then you generate a lot of heat. I like to fire rapid shots off after every heal unless it is one of those moments you just need to spam (and have vent heat avail).