Dumb Questions

Elbmuh

1. What are the different tiers of PvP armor and how do you get them, i.e. what's the difference between champion, columi, and rakata gear?

2. What are the different tiers of PvE armor and how do you get them, i.e. armor dropped from nightmare ops versus armor from hard mode flashpoints?

3. Can you switch out mods from any of the top-tier PvP and PvE armor and stick them in orange custom gear?

4. Can't I just roll all custom gear and update them with the best mods? If so, where do you get top-tier mods?

I know there are probably a ton of threads that address these things, but they all confused me and I don't have the clear answers. I'm almost level 50 so I want to make sure I'm working towards the right goals.

Edited by Elbmuh

1. What are the different tiers of PvP armor and how do you get them, i.e. what's the difference between champion, columi, and rakata gear?

2. What are the different tiers of PvE armor and how do you get them, i.e. armor dropped from nightmare ops versus armor from hard mode flashpoints?

3. Can you switch out mods from any of the top-tier PvP and PvE armor and stick them in orange custom gear?

4. Can't I just roll all custom gear and update them with the best mods? If so, where do you get top-tier mods?

I know there are probably a ton of threads that address these things, but they all confused me and I don't have the clear questions. I'm almost level 50 so I want to make sure I'm working towards the right goals.

1. PvP gear (at 1.2) is as follows: Recruit<Centurion<Champion<Battlemaster<War Hero; come 1.2 these will be bought with credits, WZ Comms, and Rated WZ Comms.

2. PvE gear is as follows: Tionese<Columi<Rakata<New Tier (can't think of the name). You get this from HM FP's and Ops. HM FP's drop Tionese gear and a Columi piece for the final boss. Ops drop Columi and Rakata gear at every boss.

3. You will be able to do that switching when 1.2 comes out.

4. No, the best mods are going to be from Ops; come 1.2 crafters will be able to make really good mods, but still not as good as top-tier Ops.

Try and do as many HM's and Ops as you can to gear up for PvE, go WZ crazy to gear up for PvP. Level 50 is an exciting time, as long as you can find groups/guilds to run stuff with! :)

In order of lowest to highest, PvP sets are Centurion, Champion and Battlemaster. The items are bought with commendations. Centurion and Champion commendations come from Champion bags which are rewards from Daily/Weekly missions. Battlemaster items require valor rank 60.

Tionese -> Columi -> Rakata. Tionese comes from mini-bosses in HMFPs and some bosses in normal mode ops. Columi comes from the end bosses in HMFPs as well as bosses in normal ops. Columi can also be purchased with commendations. Rakata items only come from HM/NMM ops.

That works for only mods and enhancements, armorings are locked. This is changing in 1.2.

There are top-tier mods, including armoring, that drop from HM/NMM ops. They are rare drops and it will take a long time to get full sets of the exact stats that you want.

Please tell me if I understand this correctly:

PVP Gear

Centurion Gear

Bought with centurion commendations. Centurion commendations drop from champion gear bags. Champion gear bags can be bought with warzone and mercenary commendations or by completing PVP daily/weekly missions.

Champion Gear

Bought with champion commendations. Champion commendations drop from champion gear bags. Champion gear bags can be bought with warzone and mercenary commendations or by completing PVP daily/weekly missions.

Battlemaster Gear

Bought with battlemaster commendations. Battlemaster commendations are from PvP matches above valor rank 60.

PVE Gear

Tionese Gear

Obtained from mini bosses in hard-mode flashpoints or normal mode operations.

Columi Gear

Obtained from final bosses in hard-mode flashpoints or bosses in normal mode operations. Bought with daily commendations.

Rakata Gear

Obtained from hard-mode or nightmare-mode operations.

Top-tier Mods

Dropped in hard-mode and nightmare-mode ops.

Battlemaster Gear

Bought with battlemaster commendations. Battlemaster commendations are from PvP matches above valor rank 60.

BM comms can come from BM bags (daily/weekly missions) or bought with 1000/1000 merc/wz commendations

Columi Gear

Obtained from final bosses in hard-mode flashpoints or bosses in normal mode operations. Bought with daily commendations.

They're bought with columi commendations, daily commendations are a different thing.