Grouping...Arsenal or Pyro

Carandrian

Greetings, I've been reading quite a few posts on these forums about the builds and rotations between arsenal and pyro. But they just bring me to the question of "which would be more adventageous to level in a pure group setting"?

I have a four man group that gets together each week to group and I'm planning on playing my BH Merc with this group. I read that arsenal has a slight dps advantage, but if I read correctly, you have to stack TM for that to play out. I've noticed thus far that mobs are dropping very quickly, so would you have time to stack TM on aything other that bosses? Does pyro bring something to the grouping table better than arsenal?

I thank you in advance for your time and feedback!

Greetings, I've been reading quite a few posts on these forums about the builds and rotations between arsenal and pyro. But they just bring me to the question of "which would be more adventageous to level in a pure group setting"?

I have a four man group that gets together each week to group and I'm planning on playing my BH Merc with this group. I read that arsenal has a slight dps advantage, but if I read correctly, you have to stack TM for that to play out. I've noticed thus far that mobs are dropping very quickly, so would you have time to stack TM on aything other that bosses? Does pyro bring something to the grouping table better than arsenal?

I thank you in advance for your time and feedback!

arsenal has dps advantage AND they get to strip armor 20% for the whole group

nuff said

Arsenal is the way to go for PVE. Since you are not getting interrupted and mobility is not a huge thing, then arsenal is superior.

Pyro is better for PVP. You get a snare from rapid shots and they are more powerful (no heat ability that keeps you more mobile). Interrupts are also less of an issue.

Just my opinion. Either works fine. It's just for most mobs, if you are not using aoe, you will be hitting tracer all the time on arsenal (although you can throw in heatseekers/unload/railshot before the full armor debuff/unload buff if you really want). With pyro you will be mixing up some attacks, but to max them out you will have to hit incendiary missile for each enemy which will build a ton of heat. So it can be a pain having to stop to recharge and reload in order to vent heat.