Combat is awesome!

goladkin

I've just respected from watchman and I am really happy of the change - I am faster (I felt I was so slow as watchman), I have 2 additional roots, one more anti-root and much more fun and with healer behind my back imps just melt. I don't regret respecting and won't come back to watchman! Also I can't wait for 1.2, when it hits I will be even stronger. Anyone else loves combat? Just tell why.

I tried combat, I didn't like it. The rotation was kind of bland and I wasn't seeing any damage difference over watchman, and I also felt like I had a bit less utility. The foot speed difference really didn't make any difference versus the cooldown reduction on force leap. And most importantly, the lack of centering made the spec really feel lacking (which will be completely changed in 1.2).

I distilled it down to one gigantic merc slash versus a bunch of little blade rushes - the gigantic merc slash just felt more satisfying to me.

As a lvl 50 combat sentinel as my main, I love it. Have run most HM FP's and started on raids it is one of the most challenging, but most fun classes in the game for me. For all the negatives, and being honest there are a few. I still think its a great class to play, a decent storyline and once you get doc geared up its great carving mobs up with duel lightsabers. Show your love for the Sentinel.:D

I've just respected from watchman and I am really happy of the change - I am faster (I felt I was so slow as watchman), I have 2 additional roots, one more anti-root and much more fun and with healer behind my back imps just melt. I don't regret respecting and won't come back to watchman! Also I can't wait for 1.2, when it hits I will be even stronger. Anyone else loves combat? Just tell why.

I feel exactly the same and i could easily have written the exact same post it mirrors my view that much.

The 'only' thing i dont enjoy when im playing in watchman spec in pvp is the lack of mobility and control of a fight, it has things that make up for that but its just not my style i guess, it is 'easier' to 1v1 or 1v2 randoms defending a turret etc by far in watchman. (Just to edit, i 1v1 anyone just as easy in combat really, but 1v2 is where watchman can shine a bit more imo)

But like you said, when you have a decent healer backing you, combat spec does indeed feel awesome, the control and the burst is just amazing. Lots of fun :)

Edited by Ainianu