Darkness/Deception hybrid for PVP 23/18/0

ndSinister

Hey all,

I hit lvl50 one week ago where and until now I'm full deception specced with 65% purple pvp gear dps. I'm not happy with my survivability so I thought about respeccing and having a hybrid of darkness and deception since I love melee so much. can u check

my build

and let me know your thoughts? has anybody tested this build before?

cheers

You are loosing VS and low slash plus discharge which are the strong points of deception.

Try 8 33

Indeed I lose VS and low slash, but I thought about it and I will use Thrash instead of VS and Spike instead of low slash will more or less will result in the same effect. Therefore I should still be able to knock down my target and back stab with Maul once I have exploit weakness...

Regarding discharge, this is unclear to me at that moment as I don't know how it would be with Dark Charge. With Shock, I know I have Energize which should cover for the additional damage coming from VS.

correct me if I'm wrong

Edited by ndSinister

This Build is flawed! Induction doesnt work unless u skill AND use Surging Charge, and i guess u dont want to do so?

Without Induction ur Shock costs 45 Force which will dry u out really fast. Furthermore u dont gain really usefull Talents with that Spec.

Lowered Discharge CD is pointless with Dark Charge, because it hits for Peanuts. Darkswell and Deceptive Power could help to Burst, but other Talents in Madness Tree are by far better in my opinion.

If u want to go for Darkness and still want to be a little bit more sneaky i'd recommend to go like this:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200rcrozrsoZhrZf0cMb.1

so long

Hey all,

I hit lvl50 one week ago where and until now I'm full deception specced with 65% purple pvp gear dps. I'm not happy with my survivability so I thought about respeccing and having a hybrid of darkness and deception since I love melee so much. can u check

my build

and let me know your thoughts? has anybody tested this build before?

cheers

try this instead - http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200rIMoodskZGMrRk0M.1

if you want to run deception, you have to run surging. This build still gives some good defensive boosts with 30% from insulation and 20% from spike ability.

Edited by Deridia

This Build is flawed! Induction doesnt work unless u skill AND use Surging Charge, and i guess u dont want to do so?

Without Induction ur Shock costs 45 Force which will dry u out really fast. Furthermore u dont gain really usefull Talents with that Spec.

Lowered Discharge CD is pointless with Dark Charge, because it hits for Peanuts. Darkswell and Deceptive Power could help to Burst, but other Talents in Madness Tree are by far better in my opinion.

If u want to go for Darkness and still want to be a little bit more sneaky i'd recommend to go like this:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200rcrozrsoZhrZf0cMb.1

so long

you are right, I didnt notice this detail about Induction! thanks for pointing it out.

No need to get angry though :D hehehhehe

try this instead - http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200rIMoodskZGMrRk0M.1

if you want to run deception, you have to run surging.

I see. The only reason I thought I should switch to Dark Charge is cuz of its defensive effect for survivability... Do you think this build would still grant me survivability on Surging charge or should I just switch between them depending on my situation? Any thoughts of Insulation 30%?

Edited by ndSinister

Feels like the build is gimping Thrash too much, something you need to use to build up the damage and lower the cost on Shock. Hollow loses its value b/c the health gain requires you to be in Dark Charge. As far as changing charges during a match, forget about it, the 100 Force cost makes it pointless.

It seems like every time someone makes a post of a new hybrid spec that isn't 24/0/17, a flaw can be found that undermines some of the talents which affects the overall spec. Bioware did a pretty good job killing off hybrids.

I made a variant of that spec and tried it...

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200rIMo0rskrZGG0ozZb.1

as 31/0/10 hit a wz and pulled 28 kills and abt 125k-170k dmg

with this spec I got (with no one healing me as our team had no healer) 50 kills 7 deaths and 237k damage.

not saying its the be all end all of hybrids as I am still testing it but so far so good. HD is slightly harder to get off due to missing wither and of course no VS due to the obvious lack of anti-squish talents..but i had no issue fighting most of the classes I came across.

update: was worried about medals without guard, no reason to be now as I am hitting all of the damage medals quite easily(getting about 6 in the 1st 5-8 min). May do some fine tuning around the maul talents as currently maul is still half broken and doesn't fire reliably enough to really jam points into. Also not entirely convinced that sith defiance is worth it, 2% is kind of lackluster.

Edited by MandraMoody