Issue with Xalek

Cortal

hello,

so anyways i was playing my sorc earlier and couldn't help but notice xalek has more trouble with strong enemies. He can tank elites just fine, i'll shield him at the start and he'll only drop to about 25%-50% health, but when up against even just one strong enemy, i have to keep shielding him on cd and he'll usually end the battle with about 10%-15% health (usually about two static barriers). I am not doing anything different between fighting elites and strongs, but Xalek dies faster on strong enemies

TL;DR: Xalek can tank Elite mobs, but not Strong

has any one else had this issue

Xalek is bugged. His shield% and abs% are stuck at 25% and 20% respectively. This is not just a character sheet bug, but an actual bug that affects combat.

So basically he's a tank that tanks less well than Khem and does less dps than full dps companions.

Edited by Rhaphael

Xalek is bugged. His shield% and abs% are stuck at 25% and 20% respectively. This is not just a character sheet but, but an actual bug that affects combat.

So basically he's a tank that tanks less well than Khem and does less dps than full dps companions.

Don't stack +shield and +absorb rating gear on him. Go for +defense instead, at least until the shield/absorb bug gets fixed. He'll do better, but be very spikey being that you're forcing him into very avoidance-centric tanking. This isn't catastrophic for sorcerers since they can bubble him but could be rough on dps assassins.

As a tank assassin I use Ashara for regular questing and Talos for heroics if I attempt them.

Don't stack +shield and +absorb rating gear on him. Go for +defense instead, at least until the shield/absorb bug gets fixed. He'll do better, but be very spikey being that you're forcing him into very avoidance-centric tanking. This isn't catastrophic for sorcerers since they can bubble him but could be rough on dps assassins.

As a tank assassin I use Ashara for regular questing and Talos for heroics if I attempt them.

Woot Woot for Ashara and Talos.

Got them geared in PVP centurion myself. Ashara can take out level players in the 40-45 range by herself easily and occasionally the random 45+ if they aren't geared correctly.

Was in the outlaws den on tatooine and spent a few hours getting her to kill players while I watched.

And who said she wasn't our Apprentice eh?

• 2 weeks later...

I posted in the dev Q/A about Xaleks stats bugs. Hopefully we'll get a real answer if he's supposed to suck or if they just didn't know...

Is it intended that the shield and absorb rating on Xalek (Inquisitor companion) cannot be improved via gear? He is the only tank hampered in this way as far as I know.

Numbers follow:

Xalek's Shield generator absorption is 20% regardless of gear

Tooltip even says "Absorption rating (240) +0.00%"

In contrast Khem Val gets a 10.59% increase for having an absorption rating of 106 (going from 20 to 30.59%

Shield rating itself Khem for example is at 33.31% from a base of 5% + 20% from skills and an additional 8.31% from his shield rating of 144.

Meanwhile, Xalek is at a flat 25% (5% base 20% skill) regardless of his gear's shield rating.

Khem has a 29.94% damage reduction from his heavy armor while Xalek has only 24.05% from light armor (including the skill to buff it by 42%)

So with roughly equal gear (mostly Tier 2) Khem has ~24.5% (29.94/24.05) more damage reduction, 33.2% (33.31/25) better chance to shield an attack, and 53% (30.59/20) more absorption of the shielded attack.

The only thing in Xalek's favor is 1200 more health (only ~6.5%) He's statistically vastly inferior as a tank.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.