No to stat sticks!

ArlindoGMNeto

We´re not trying to spoil the fun for anyone who actually like the sage class. All i´m saying is that there´s no point in giving a lightsaber to a jedi and expect him to NOT fight with it.

I don´t like JK because of their awful animations and "baseball bat lightsaber". And i don´t want the tank role in this game. Dual sabers is not my thing either, so no sentinels.

I also don´t like the idea of "rogue jedi" and i just hate double-bladed sabers. Thats why i didnt roll a shadow.

So here i was, playing a sage and having fun doing it. But having a lightsaber in my hand and being a jedi, there´s NO WAY im going to sit back and spam force attacks all day. The temptation to rush in and engage in melee is too strong and often i get bashed by my team in WZ / FP cause im doing it.

I don´t see your point about SWG and its sandbox style. It was not being a sandbox game that killed it. It was the stupid NGE, when SOE decided to dumb down things to the ground

And i don´t think that allowing the jedi class some freedom with skills / lightsaber types would be anywhere near a sandbox game. Seriously. It would only fix what i think is one of the biggest flaws in this game.

I'm not entirely sure I can help you.

You want a ranged class to be melee and you don't like how Bioware have put together any of the melee classes.

Forgive me for saying so, I promise this is said without a hint of meaness or sarcasm, but I'm not holding out much hope that you'd like the Sage with melee skills.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not entirely sure I can help you.

You want a ranged class to be melee and you don't like how Bioware have put together any of the melee classes.

Forgive me for saying so, I promise this is said without a hint of meaness or sarcasm, but I'm not holding out much hope that you'd like the Sage with melee skills.

Have to agree with this, you don't like the jedi melee attack animations but you want melee attacks added to the Sage, OP you aren't going to get what you want and even if you did get what you wanted you wouldn't like it...

Sage/Sorc = mage/ranged caster

Shadow/Sin = melee caster hybrid

If you wanted more melee then you rolled the wrong class. Period. End of story. Shadow/Assassins have the melee abilities you are missing and they have a large assortment of casted abilities.

It's not going to change no matter how much you want it to. If Sages got a saber throw (another ranged ability) then sorcs would want it too. If you both got it then cool, but you aren't going to get more melee abilities when you are a ranged caster.

Some games make ranged classes completely ranged. At least you get to keep your 2 melee abilities from level 1. If you really want to melee then go to town with those abilties. If you want more melee then you have to roll a melee class.

I like my Sage as far as mechanics, I usually play healers or ranged DPS. BUT having a stat stick still sucks.

How about changes to the animation and descriptions of some short range abilities? Instead of Force Wave being a screwy Mario shake the ground when you land jump, make it Whirling Saber, a 360 Force enhanced swat.

Tumult can also be turned into something other than a Street Fighter inspired corkscrew kick. Like picking the target off the ground with the Force and whacking them with saber.

And Assassin/Shadows get a great mix of zap and stab, I like my Assassin plenty as well. I can see how needing to use a double bladed saber could disappoint some folks though.

Mountains out of molehills.

Don't touch my sage, I like her just the way she is. As others have said, you want to be melee jedi? There are plenty of classes with that as the focus. Instead of trying to change this class to something that no other jedi does, why not try to get the other classes 'fixed' on the animation part that you don't like? I say yes to stat sticks and I'm proud to say it!

I like my Sage as far as mechanics, I usually play healers or ranged DPS. BUT having a stat stick still sucks.

How about changes to the animation and descriptions of some short range abilities? Instead of Force Wave being a screwy Mario shake the ground when you land jump, make it Whirling Saber, a 360 Force enhanced swat.

Tumult can also be turned into something other than a Street Fighter inspired corkscrew kick. Like picking the target off the ground with the Force and whacking them with saber.

And Assassin/Shadows get a great mix of zap and stab, I like my Assassin plenty as well. I can see how needing to use a double bladed saber could disappoint some folks though.

Exactly. Don´t get me wrong, i like the sage class, but it SHOULDN´T be a range ONLY class. If sages are ment not to USE their lightsabers, whats the point of having one?

With the legacy thing crawling into the game, even other classes will be able to use the force, so what DEFINES the sage as a jedi, if not their lightsabers?

This game is already a "on trails" style game, where everything is set within a class story and so on.

Then BW comes up with the (frustrating) idea of making multiple types of jedi, setting a certain type of lightsaber for each one of them (another lazy mechanic IMO), and with the sages, in particular, even the lightsaber is useless in combat.

This is just plain WRONG.

Sage/Sorc = mage/ranged caster

Shadow/Sin = melee caster hybrid

1- Sage/Sorc = Jedi/Sith

If you wanted more melee then you rolled the wrong class. Period. End of story. Shadow/Assassins have the melee abilities you are missing and they have a large assortment of casted abilities.

2- I never heard of a "rogue like" jedi or sith before. thats just another atempt by BW to mirror the rogue/assasin classes from fantasy games

It's not going to change no matter how much you want it to. If Sages got a saber throw (another ranged ability) then sorcs would want it too. If you both got it then cool, but you aren't going to get more melee abilities when you are a ranged caster.

3- Thats my point: Jedi are not supposed to be "ranged casters". We have a lightsaber for a reason. More especialized in the use of the Force, yes, but never a "ranged caster".

Some games make ranged classes completely ranged. At least you get to keep your 2 melee abilities from level 1. If you really want to melee then go to town with those abilties. If you want more melee then you have to roll a melee class.

4- I wouldn´t mind using those 2 melee abilities at all, but the fact is that they don´t do much damage at all.

Again, i like to use Force attacks, but i feel like a fool when i engage in melee using my lightsaber as a jedi, and i shouldn´t be.

Edited by ArlindoGMNeto

Again, i like to use Force attacks, but i feel like a fool when i engage in melee using my lightsaber as a jedi, and i shouldn´t be.

You like Force attacks?

Sentinal, Guardian and Shadow all have them, Shadow has the most.

You like hitting things with lightsabers?

All 3 carry lightsabers that cause significant melee damage.

Where are they going wrong?

You have made excuses as to why you don't like the above, even though it flies in the face of everything you actually want out of your Jedi and yet you insist on saying that the one ranged class that isn't designed in the slightest for melee combat, should have melee combat abilities.

Furthermore, you have complained about how Bioware have done the animations for the melee classes.

How on Tatooine are you ever going to change your mind on this when you accept two completely opposing arguments?

As one poster rightly said - you'd be better off lobbying for better Guardian animations, it would be a lot easier for you.

Your whole premise is based on the false notion that all Jedi are proficient light saber users, suggesting Jedi are somehow all the same. However, not all Jedi are the same. For instance, Corran Horn, like other male Jedi from his family line, was weak at telekinetic abilities. However, they were very strong at absorbing energy. In one confrontation with security in I, Jedi, Corran allowed himself to be repeatedly jabbed with a Stun baton, channeling its energy harmlessly to the floor. When the security officer looked confused as to why Corran was unaffected, Corran suggested it must not be working, causing the officer to touch the end, instantly stunning himself. One of his ancestors sacrificed himself by allowing himself to be run through by a light saber just so that he could drain the lightsaber's energy, extinguishing it. On the other hand, they likely would have failed the rock stacking exercises Luke went through on Dagobah, let alone the attempt to get the X-Wing out of the swamp. As dark side users, they would likely be masters of the dreaded "Slightly Tight Collar" technique rather than Force Choke.

This is no less true of light saber combat. Just because you are a Jedi does not mean you are a proficient light saber user. For instance, among the Jedi sent to confront Darth Bane and his apprentice on Tython was Worror Dowmat. "Worror Dowmat was a male Ithorian Jedi Master. Being a healer by profession, he was known amongst his peers to have never wielded a lightsaber, instead providing support for his allies in combat through his proficiency with Jedi battle meditation." (ref: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Worror_Dowmat)

You chose a class that is strong in force manipulation but not highly skilled at melee combat with a light saber. This is perfectly fitting within canon as all Jedi are not masters of the light saber.

The problem is not that the Advanced Class does not have melee proficiencies. The problem is that you falsely assumed that all Jedi are proficient light saber users and took a class designed on the perfectly canonical principle that some Jedi are highly proficient force users but not skilled melee combatants.

Edited by Sotaudi

You like Force attacks?

Sentinal, Guardian and Shadow all have them, Shadow has the most.

You like hitting things with lightsabers?

All 3 carry lightsabers that cause significant melee damage.

Where are they going wrong?

You have made excuses as to why you don't like the above, even though it flies in the face of everything you actually want out of your Jedi and yet you insist on saying that the one ranged class that isn't designed in the slightest for melee combat, should have melee combat abilities.

We´re merely having a discussion here, buddy. No one´s making excuses for anything. If we don´t try to improve what we have, then whats the point of these forums?

Furthermore, you have complained about how Bioware have done the animations for the melee classes.

How on Tatooine are you ever going to change your mind on this when you accept two completely opposing arguments?

As one poster rightly said - you'd be better off lobbying for better Guardian animations, it would be a lot easier for you.

Did i mention that i don´t wanna play the tank role in this game? I guess i did.

Thing is, the way BW implemented the (mainly) Jedi classes is somewhat anoying, by not letting us choose whatever type of ligthsaber we want, by trying to stereotype the jedi by forcing them to wear some hideous gear and so on.

I would definitely play a sentinel if i could wield a single bladed saber. I wouldn´t play a shadow because, again, i would be forced to wear those ridiculous skirts AND i don´t see how a "rogue" jedi would fin in the Star Wars universe.

It´s ok for BW to include some new stuff that we never saw in the movies, like battle meditation and a few others. In a single player game like KOTOR its fine, but in an MMO BW would be wise to give players some freedom of choice, instead of "setting things in stone" within class story and VO.

Edited by ArlindoGMNeto

Your whole premise is based on the false notion that all Jedi are proficient light saber users, suggesting Jedi are somehow all the same. However, not all Jedi are the same. For instance, Corran Horn, like other male Jedi from his family line, was weak at telekinetic abilities. However, they were very strong at absorbing energy. In one confrontation with security in I, Jedi, Corran allowed himself to be repeatedly jabbed with a Stun baton, channeling its energy harmlessly to the floor. When the security officer looked confused as to why Corran was unaffected, Corran suggested it must not be working, causing the officer to touch the end, instantly stunning himself. One of his ancestors sacrificed himself by allowing himself to be run through by a light saber just so that he could drain the lightsaber's energy, extinguishing it. On the other hand, they likely would have failed the rock stacking exercises Luke went through on Dagobah, let alone the attempt to get the X-Wing out of the swamp. As dark side users, they would likely be masters of the dreaded "Slightly Tight Collar" technique rather than Force Choke.

This is no less true of light saber combat. Just because you are a Jedi does not mean you are a proficient light saber user. For instance, among the Jedi sent to confront Darth Bane and his apprentice on Tython was Worror Dowmat. "Worror Dowmat was a male Ithorian Jedi Master. Being a healer by profession, he was known amongst his peers to have never wielded a lightsaber, instead providing support for his allies in combat through his proficiency with Jedi battle meditation." (ref: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Worror_Dowmat)

You chose a class that is strong in force manipulation but not highly skilled at melee combat with a light saber. This is perfectly fitting within canon as all Jedi are not masters of the light saber.

The problem is not that the Advanced Class does not have melee proficiencies. The problem is that you falsely assumed that all Jedi are proficient light saber users and took a class designed on the perfectly canonical principle that some Jedi are highly proficient force users but not skilled melee combatants.

I have never seen a jedi in the movies that was not proficient with his lightsaber. Outside the movies, i agree with you. But i´m not here to argue whether if its true or not.

Im just saying that it FEELS WRONG to have a lightsaber and not be able to use it when you want to. I can see why a mage would use spells instead of bashing things with his staff, and that DOES NOT feel wrong, cause he´s a mage, he´s weak physically as a result of focusing only in the study of magic.

With a jedi, thats not true. All jedi have training, they are known as fighters, so makes sense that they ARE indeed proficient with lighsabers. One may be more atunned to the force than others, but that doesn´t mean they keep their sabers as an "eye candy".

Edited by ArlindoGMNeto

Well, it probably feels wrong because BW made Sorcerers first as the kind of ranged nuker palpitane was, and then in order to follow their mirror paradigm, which btw, they do a sux @ss job of following when it gets to details, they copy and pasted the class over and gave us a ranged jedi that throws junk and rocks like a sith or an earth shaman.

If feels wrong because it is wrong. It is not a real jedi class designed from the ground up...its a bastardized sith class with no hint of design skill or inspiration for the republic side. Ive said it a hundred times, but there is a massive faction imbalance for a reason...they made jedi a junk throwing joke. It doesnt look or feel powerful or match anything in the lore. It just doesnt fit.

Edited by Dyvim

Well, it probably feels wrong because BW made Sorcerers first as the kind of ranged nuker palpitane was, and then in order to follow their mirror paradigm, which btw, they do a sux @ss job of following when it gets to details, they copy and pasted the class over and gave us a ranged jedi that throws junk and rocks like a sith or an earth shaman.

If feels wrong because it is wrong. It is not a real jedi class designed from the ground up...its a bastardized sith class with no hint of design skill or inspiration for the republic side. Ive said it a hundred times, but there is a massive faction imbalance for a reason...they made jedi a junk throwing joke. It doesnt look or feel powerful or match anything in the lore. It just doesnt fit.

Well, i didn´t want to mention the junk throwing thing cause there´s already a topic about that. I agree that it´s not logical in any way, and i would like to see it fixed.

But playing a jedi which can´t use his lightsaber is way too much anoying and BW should address that issue.

Take the jedi knight, for instance. He fights with his lightsaber cause thats what he´s supposed to do. But when he uses a force power, he can do that for his advantage.

If a sage engages in melee with his saber, he´s just gimping himself, cause his melee skills suck.-

And his armour sux, etc. Range is one of his best defenses.

But I just dont see how you are going to get what you are looking for in this game.

Shadow is the most satisfying jedi experience I have had, over sage, sentinel and guardian, but you are stuck with the dbl blade, which is laughable...but so much of this game is when it comes to lore...

BTW, check out my suggestion for dbk blade use here and bump it if you like it :p

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=371204

The best, partially finished approach to jedi I have seen was the 5 tree system that SOE came up with WAY before the NGE. And god knows I hate SOE, so I consider that ONE take on jedi of theirs as nothing short of miraculous

Powers - lightning, cloaking, offensive ranged skills

Saber - you could specialize in any one type, 1h, 2H, Dbl, or all of them, Master Saber was great.

Defense - not sexy, but effective

Enhance - yoda skills..absorb, force armor, speed, etc.

Heal - says it all...

You had enough points to master two trees, and that was about it. But you could make just about any jedi archetype with this sytem...yoda = enhancer, saber...etc. Mace Windu - master saber, master defender, etc. This game suffers from WoW syndrome and you will never see that kind of a skill point system...just levels and talents, just like WoW.

Edited by Dyvim

And his armour sux, etc. Range is one of his best defenses.

But I just dont see how you are going to get what you are looking for in this game.

Shadow is the most satisfying jedi experience I have had, over sage, sentinel and guardian, but you are stuck with the dbl blade, which is laughable...but so much of this game is when it comes to lore...

BTW, check out my suggestion for dbk blade use here and bump it if you like it :p

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=371204

The best, partially finished approach to jedi I have seen was the 5 tree system that SOE came up with WAY before the NGE. And god knows I hate SOE, so I consider that ONE take on jedi of theirs as nothing short of miraculous

Powers - lightning, cloaking, offensive ranged skills

Saber - you could specialize in any one type, 1h, 2H, Dbl.

Defense - not sexy, but effective

Enhance - yoda skills..absorb, force armor, speed, etc.

Heal - says it all...

You had enough points to master two trees, and that was about it. But you could make just about any jedi archetype with this sytem...yoda = enhancer, saber...etc. This game suffers from WoW syndrome and you will never see that kind of a skill point system...just levels and talents, just like WoW.

Well, all i want is maybe a few more melee skills or a lil boost for the 2 skills sages already have.

I played SWG myself and the system there was the best one i´ve seen indeed.

Yeah, this is space WoW alright. Which is lame, i kinda expected BW to come up with something inovative, not this nearly single-player experience.

Well, all i want is maybe a few more melee skills or a lil boost for the 2 skills sages already have.

I played SWG myself and the system there was the best one i´ve seen indeed.

Yeah, this is space WoW alright. Which is lame, i kinda expected BW to come up with something inovative, not this nearly single-player experience.

Yeah, and like I said, that isnt going to happen for sages. They are ranged dps. They dont get any additional saber skills after level 1. I really dont see BW changing that...

Yeah, and like I said, that isnt going to happen for sages. They are ranged dps. They dont get any additional saber skills after level 1. I really dont see BW changing that...

Thats what´s wrong. Jedi, ranged dps... what a joke. Only BW would come up with such a bad concept.

Thing is, the way BW implemented the (mainly) Jedi classes is somewhat anoying, by not letting us choose whatever type of ligthsaber we want, by trying to stereotype the jedi by forcing them to wear some hideous gear and so on.

I would definitely play a sentinel if i could wield a single bladed saber. I wouldn´t play a shadow because, again, i would be forced to wear those ridiculous skirts AND i don´t see how a "rogue" jedi would fin in the Star Wars universe.

It´s ok for BW to include some new stuff that we never saw in the movies, like battle meditation and a few others. In a single player game like KOTOR its fine, but in an MMO BW would be wise to give players some freedom of choice, instead of "setting things in stone" within class story and VO.

First off - Guardians don't have to be tanks, they can be DPS, have a look at the Vigiliance skill tree, it is for damage, rather than defence

Secondly, read the post after mine, Jedi are not just about lightsabers, they are about the Force too.

Third - Shadows are not "Rogue" Jedi by any standards, in lore they are members of the Shadow Council, put together to fight the Dark Side and there is nothing wrong with what they do with the Doubleblade saber, it works just fine - please see YouTube of any videos of Shadows in action, they are pretty devastating with the Force and saber. They do not wear "skirts", they wear robes, vast difference. Besides - a Sage wears very much the same stuff - how come you are comfortable wearing what they do but not the Shadows?

You are asking - as I keep having to repeat - for a badly armoured Ranged Class - to be a melee fighter. Why? Because you "feel" that any Jedi who has a saber in their hand should automatically be proficient in its use, regardless of lore saying otherwise.

This makes little sense to me. Why on Tatooine do you want or think a badly armoured "skirt" wearing Force wielder would be good or effective in melee combat?

You keep mentioning lack of freedom to choose - sorry, but how much more choice do you want? It is in ABUNDANCE!

Guardian - Can take massive amounts of damage or deal it out - using Force techniques to bolster these skills - can carry 1 saber and has really good armour for close combat fighting - Uses Soresu, Shien or Shii Cho saber forms

Sentinal - 3 different types of Saber Forms to choose from - Juyo, Ataru or Shii Cho - also using the Force to bolster these incredible skills. Can carry Two sabers to deal more damage than a Guardian, if damage is the more important attribute.

Shadow - Another choice of Lightsaber and form to either use the Kinetic tree to really go to town in the saber and Force weilding or a choice to be a Stealth based character, using the Force and saber skills to work with it very effectively

Sage - MORE choice again - if you want to be one of the best healing classes in the game, here you have the chance to be just that, even with the nerf batting they are getting this month OR you can be a Ranged class, dealing damage from afar if you prefer to do that rather than close combat.

Seriously, tell me where you have not been given a wide range of choice? Look at that list and tell me that there is not a Jedi class there that you have not described as being what you want.

You have objected to the melee animations, the clothing and the "feel" and yet still insist there should be a Jedi who should be a melee capable, trouser wearing, Force user.

You sound like a very hard person to please.

Edited by Assam

On my sorcerer healer one of my favorite things to do was to pull aggro on a standard mob with force lightening, let them get close, shock them, do the flip kick attack thing and then finish them off with double strike from my saber.

Just a really satisfying sequence of attacks, topped off with the saber.

It's possible a lot of Sage's have just forgotten how really awesome and satisfying it is to whack things with a light saber.

I noticed while I was leveling that something just felt, odd, about a Sage but until this thread I had never realized what it was - I missed using my saber.

Double odd considering you spend the first 10 levels actually using your light saber all the time.

I don't think BW will ever change the class, and I'm not sure what could realistically be done, but I have to agree with your analysis.

First off - Guardians don't have to be tanks, they can be DPS, have a look at the Vigiliance skill tree, it is for damage, rather than defence

Secondly, read the post after mine, Jedi are not just about lightsabers, they are about the Force too.

Third - Shadows are not "Rogue" Jedi by any standards, in lore they are members of the Shadow Council, put together to fight the Dark Side and there is nothing wrong with what they do with the Doubleblade saber, it works just fine - please see YouTube of any videos of Shadows in action, they are pretty devastating with the Force and saber. They do not wear "skirts", they wear robes, vast difference. Besides - a Sage wears very much the same stuff - how come you are comfortable wearing what they do but not the Shadows?

I don´t really care much about what lore says dude, im talking about feel. I don´t feel that a jedi should be sneaky, and thats MY opinion. People may think otherwise, of course.

Watch the fight between obi-wan and anakin. See that brown thing obi-wan take off before the fight? THATS a robe. Much different from the skirts (i know its a lower robe but whatever) that BW force consulars and imp counterparts to wear. And btw, im NOT confortable using one on my (female) sage.

You are asking - as I keep having to repeat - for a badly armoured Ranged Class - to be a melee fighter. Why? Because you "feel" that any Jedi who has a saber in their hand should automatically be proficient in its use, regardless of lore saying otherwise.

What "lore" are you referring to, exactly? BW lore? a bad joke.

This makes little sense to me. Why on Tatooine do you want or think a badly armoured "skirt" wearing Force wielder would be good or effective in melee combat?

You keep mentioning lack of freedom to choose - sorry, but how much more choice do you want? It is in ABUNDANCE!

Guardian - Can take massive amounts of damage or deal it out - using Force techniques to bolster these skills - can carry 1 saber and has really good armour for close combat fighting - Uses Soresu, Shien or Shii Cho saber forms

Sentinal - 3 different types of Saber Forms to choose from - Juyo, Ataru or Shii Cho - also using the Force to bolster these incredible skills. Can carry Two sabers to deal more damage than a Guardian, if damage is the more important attribute.

Shadow - Another choice of Lightsaber and form to either use the Kinetic tree to really go to town in the saber and Force weilding or a choice to be a Stealth based character, using the Force and saber skills to work with it very effectively

Sage - MORE choice again - if you want to be one of the best healing classes in the game, here you have the chance to be just that, even with the nerf batting they are getting this month OR you can be a Ranged class, dealing damage from afar if you prefer to do that rather than close combat.

Seriously, tell me where you have not been given a wide range of choice? Look at that list and tell me that there is not a Jedi class there that you have not described as being what you want.

Im not talking about choices, im talking about freedom to tailor YOUR character, not choosing a given archetype.

Can a guardian wield double-bladed sabers? Or a sentinel single ones? Where is this "abundance" you talking about?

People who play a given jedi class, be it a sage, sentinel and etc, want an unique character, but they are forced to go with some locked choices BW gave them, like saber types, gear, and a few others.

You have objected to the melee animations, the clothing and the "feel" and yet still insist there should be a Jedi who should be a melee capable, trouser wearing, Force user.

I objected only to the guardian animations, (baseball bat lightsaber ftw, and i DO NOT expect BW to make sages like melee killing machines. All im saying is that as a jedi (even with the BAD design BW came up making them mage-like), sages have a lightsaber and they should at least be given some skills to USE THE FREAKING THING. Or take their lightsabers away and call them mages, force-users, or whatever.

You sound like a very hard person to please.

Aren´t we all?

Edited by ArlindoGMNeto

On my sorcerer healer one of my favorite things to do was to pull aggro on a standard mob with force lightening, let them get close, shock them, do the flip kick attack thing and then finish them off with double strike from my saber.

Just a really satisfying sequence of attacks, topped off with the saber.

It's possible a lot of Sage's have just forgotten how really awesome and satisfying it is to whack things with a light saber.

I noticed while I was leveling that something just felt, odd, about a Sage but until this thread I had never realized what it was - I missed using my saber.

Double odd considering you spend the first 10 levels actually using your light saber all the time.

I don't think BW will ever change the class, and I'm not sure what could realistically be done, but I have to agree with your analysis.

Exactly. People usually misunderstand when we say we would like to see more melee skills for the sages. They must realize how frustrating it is to have a lightsaber in your hand and be unable to use it in some way.

Im not asking for any major change for the sage class, just a tweak on the melee skills (little damage buff on the 2 we already have would sufice).

Sure, freedom to choose the lightsaber type would only benefit pretty much EVERY jedi out there =)

That's where you're wrong. They can and they will change it if this upsets enough people. Which it seems it does (myself included)

That or they risk losing even more customers. I wouldn't screw around with customer loyalty with so many heavy hitting games coming out this year (D3, GW etc.) ; and some huge upcoming MMO announcements on the horizon (The Elder Scrolls)

I really don't see the harm in giving the Sage a few more skills with his Sabre. Or at the very least, forsaking any design flaw you copied from WoW, give us the damn ability to choose our Sabre style (double bladed, dual, Kao Cen Darach) and re-work abilities regarding them and the god awful animations on Sents/Marauders