Normal mode Op loot. Question... not a rant.

So i was reading about what that 'other game' will be doing with its easy raid loot mode in the future.

1. Boss dies

2. Behind the scenes the game rolls for every player to decide if they win loot. Each player's chance to win loot is independent of every other player's chance.

3. Game automatically assigns a random spec appropriate item from that boss' loot table to every player that won loot.

At first the only difference with swtor is that swtor is diong class specific instead of spec specific loot. Then i noticed the bold part in line 2. Every player's chance to win loot is independent of every other player's chance.

The gripes people had with swtor normal mode was that they couldn't pass on an item for a guildmate or friend. But if everyone has their own independent chance then it's not an issue.

So the question is if SWTOR is doing this independent of everyone else's chance thing already? Or is it doing a hardcoded X pieces of loot per boss which it automatically assigns. We've never paid attention if the number of pieces that drop is the same week to week.

Edited by Spifff

EDIT: Nevermind. The boss drops X pieces, then the people with the X highest rolls win the loot. Seems pretty straight forward.

Bosses always drop the same amount of loot. If you rolled first and only got loot at a threshold number there would be potential for a no loot situation.

Edited by Jokingly

EDIT: Nevermind. The boss drops X pieces, then the people with the X highest rolls win the loot. Seems pretty straight forward.

Bosses always drop the same amount of loot. If you rolled first and only got loot at a threshold number there would be potential for a no loot situation.

I agree. That's how eveyone assumed swtor did it. And probably is. But since i'd never counted loot i just wanted to make sure.

However this new scheme is theoretically what wow will be doing in the next expantion. They laid it out pretty clearly that "every person's chance at loot is completely indepenedent of everyone else's chance".

Edited by Spifff

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.