(Suggestion) Guild Alliances

Flxm

I use to play DAoC many years ago (one of the best gaming experience and communities I have been part of). One feature that they had that I think really helped build server wide communities and a sense of belonging was a concept called alliances.

Alliances were a collection of guilds that effectively shared a common game goal and a common chat channel. The chat channel was controlled by roles and often guild leaders could give read access, talk access, administrator access to individuals.

The community controlled the content of the channel, some were open and some were very controlled with strict rules. Rules like you cannot post trade request or you can only do LFG for raid level activity. These rules were not programmed but rather enforced by guild leaders and guild offices of the guilds within the alliance.

This allowed guilds of all sizes to build relationships with other guilds and other people on the server. It also served a functional purpose in that it provided yet another avenue for people to fill out groups for different activities and peddle their crafting.

Another benefit is that guilds of any size would not have to compromise their identities for the sake of completing different objectives. They could be part of the greater whole while being unique.

I would love to see them add in alliance like warhammer had and also ingame calendars with events so you could post up a guild event or an alliance event and if it was alliance event then it showed in the calendars for other guilds in your alliance. There was also alliance chat and alliance officer chat.

Right now one of the worst aspects of this game is how hard it is to cordinate with guildmates and other guilds. My guild currently is in a alliance with another one on our server and we created a custom channel that we use to set things up. Would still be alot easier if we had the tools we need.

Another thing which maybe should be its own thread is the ability to mass mail all guild members by putting guild in the to box for the mail.

I would love to see them add in alliance like warhammer had and also ingame calendars with events so you could post up a guild event or an alliance event and if it was alliance event then it showed in the calendars for other guilds in your alliance. There was also alliance chat and alliance officer chat.

Right now one of the worst aspects of this game is how hard it is to cordinate with guildmates and other guilds. My guild currently is in a alliance with another one on our server and we created a custom channel that we use to set things up. Would still be alot easier if we had the tools we need.

Another thing which maybe should be its own thread is the ability to mass mail all guild members by putting guild in the to box for the mail.

i agree with him alliances will make the game a lot more like the movies where u dont know what your partner might do. ;)

This was mentioned at the guild summit and they said that they're working on it.

For me, adversaries are far more important. I'm looking at having two guilds on either faction, but the lack of cross-faction communication is crippling. Adversaries could be selected to permit cross-faction communication through whisper, created chat channels, or at the very least, in-game mail.

I also like to see "alliances" be cross faction as well. I really despise Sith and this is evident in my Empire guild's prospective story. I'd love to ally with my Republic guild to kick even more Sith back side.

Edited by flyersfan

• 3 weeks later...
That would make the game more fun, especially if your guild wasn't very large. Also, maybe a type of guild battles for rewards? It would be fun to battle against other guilds with only your guild, might bring your guild together more.