Annihilation Spec Question

Balianis

http://r2-db.com/skill-tree/calculator/14/sith-warrior/sith-marauder#build=2lededcif6k0c00000000000000000

That is my spec without the 1 point I had in Narrowed Hatred. Without that point, I have 104% PvE and 99% PvP. I think that is plenty. So with the above spec, I have one point left over. I mainly PvP, but I also raid NM, and I rarely like to respec.

That being said, where should I put the point? I'm thinking maybe Stagger? I know it's only .5 sec, but that's an extra .5 sec of stun. If not that I was thinking either Cloak of Carnage, Defensive Roll, or Erupting Fury. Leaning toward Cloak, but building fury is basically name of the game. Or is that extra % of accuracy worth it? Or am I overlooking something else that I should give a try.

1/2 cloak of carnage is great

its basically 1 rage every 4.5 seconds when CoC is up, thats alot of passive rage generation for 1 talent point

other notes, switch enraged charge to defensive roll

you dont need that 1 extra rage for an opening sequence and its rage/sec is terrible, 30% reduced aoe damage is alot better imo, particularly if you are running w/o phantom

Edited by CrazyAl

http://r2-db.com/skill-tree/calculator/14/sith-warrior/sith-marauder#build=2lededcif6k0c00000000000000000

That is my spec without the 1 point I had in Narrowed Hatred. Without that point, I have 104% PvE and 99% PvP. I think that is plenty. So with the above spec, I have one point left over. I mainly PvP, but I also raid NM, and I rarely like to respec.

That being said, where should I put the point? I'm thinking maybe Stagger? I know it's only .5 sec, but that's an extra .5 sec of stun. If not that I was thinking either Cloak of Carnage, Defensive Roll, or Erupting Fury. Leaning toward Cloak, but building fury is basically name of the game. Or is that extra % of accuracy worth it? Or am I overlooking something else that I should give a try.

I think that is a rather terrible build, no offense but you missed out on some of the most useful talents in the tree for some rather useless ones. (seeping wound is only good if you are bad). If I were you I would build a tree similar to this one.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#100bIbRrRdfhzZhM.1 depending on your play style/ gear place those points outside of the annihilation tree.

Defensive Roll is one of the best talents ever imo

Also, Seeping Wounds over Phantom or Ferocity? Bad form

I think that is a rather terrible build, no offense but you missed out on some of the most useful talents in the tree for some rather useless ones. (seeping wound is only good if you are bad). If I were you I would build a tree similar to this one.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#100bIbRrRdfhzZhM.1 depending on your play style/ gear place those points outside of the annihilation tree.

Yes, Seeping Wound is completely useless, I mean, it only makes Crippling Slash obsolete, saving you that much time.

/sarcasm

But then again, I'm talking PvP.

Yes, Seeping Wound is completely useless, I mean, it only makes Crippling Slash obsolete, saving you that much time.

/sarcasm

If you need to slow someone to catch them, they're kiting you. 90% of people kiting with a brain use their slow, which is 50%. If you use your 30% slow which only lasts for 6 seconds, they're still kiting you.

So yes, Seeping Wounds is useless. In 1.2 it will be viable, but for now it's useless.

/sarcasm

Bads will be bads until they realize they are bad and take some good advice.

/sarcasm

It's ok to be wrong. If your argument on using Seeping Wound is "saving time," you should probably rethink things. Or just listen to the people who have more experience than you, rather than trying the sarcastic approach.

In a perfect world, everyone would have Seeping Wound and everything would be rainbows and unicorns. But in a world where you can only alot X amount of points, you need to figure out which give the most bang for the buck. And a VAST majority of the Marauders who are actually quality players (all of them, in fact) will all agree that Seeping Wound just isn't worth the points.

the only thing he missed out on is phantom, and i certainly wouldnt call it "one of the most useful talents in the tree" (unless you were talking about ferocity, in which case ... lol )

phantom is nice but but camo is generally an escape mechanism and when you are escaping you really dont take damage anyway, is a nice talent, but it hardly qualifies as core to the spec

i would definitely take it over seeping wound though, which is not to say seeping wound is bad ... its quite a nice talent, but its also an unnecessary one which happens to not be as useful as phantom

all in all his build was pretty solid, just a few points that need to be tweaked

move seeping wound to phantom and enraged charge to defensive roll, and put that 1 extra in cloak of carnage, then hes good to go

(unless you were talking about ferocity, in which case ... lol )

PvP with it, now PvP without it.

Once I take it, Predation becomes my most used Fury dump in Huttball

Phantom>Ferocity>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Seeping Wounds

the only thing he missed out on is phantom, and i certainly wouldnt call it "one of the most useful talents in the tree" (unless you were talking about ferocity, in which case ... lol )

phantom is nice but but camo is generally an escape mechanism and when you are escaping you really dont take damage anyway, is a nice talent, but it hardly qualifies as core to the spec

i would definitely take it over seeping wound though, which is not to say seeping wound is bad ... its quite a nice talent, but its also an unnecessary one which happens to not be as useful as phantom

all in all his build was pretty solid, just a few points that need to be tweaked

move seeping wound to phantom and enraged charge to defensive roll, and put that 1 extra in cloak of carnage, then hes good to go

I garuntee you are one of the bad maras/sents that I roflstomp every time I enter a warzone. And if you are okay with that fine.

BTW force cloak isn't useful for escaping at all it doesn't last long enough to get you out of range, what it does do is give you a chance to recieve few ticks of health back from your bleeds which allow you to kick whoevers *** you were fighting. Or dodge big hits *Cough* Smash*cough* If you try to run with it ... LOL

Pre 1.2 1 point in phantom is all you need.

Debatable. 2/2 phantom is very strong in pvp and pve if you know when to use it.

Regardless, I've since dropped out of phantom just to get used to it again in both WZ's and Raids.

There are some times when I certainly miss it, being at 300 life with a dot rolling on me that's about to expire, shrugging off jug omega smashes without having to miss a beat in my rotation or bonethrasher *** swipes, but all in all it's not as huge of a loss as I originally anticipated.

Edit:

ferocity is THE strongest talent in hutball..anyone who disagrees is retarded

Edited by Foxcolt

Debatable. 2/2 phantom is very strong in pvp and pve if you know when to use it.

Regardless, I've since dropped out of phantom just to get used to it again in both WZ's and Raids.

There are some times when I certainly miss it, being at 300 life with a dot rolling on me that's about to expire, shrugging off jug omega smashes without having to miss a beat in my rotation or bonethrasher *** swipes, but all in all it's not as huge of a loss as I originally anticipated.

Edit:

ferocity is THE strongest talent in hutball..anyone who disagrees is retarded

True, I guess it depends how you like to run your spec. Ferocity is great for every WZ! Guarantees an opening cap in Alderaan if you hit west (republic view) and it is even better wen you have a premade and wan't to snag east(repub view). If used right you can cap Voidstar objectives before the team even gets near you.

PvP with it, now PvP without it.

Once I take it, Predation becomes my most used Fury dump in Huttball

Phantom>Ferocity>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Seeping Wounds

ive pvpd with it and without it

berserk >>> predation for an anni marauder

unless you are trying to run the huttball

im not going to spend 2 points in ferocity just so i can be better at something i rarely ever do, marauders should be killing people, leave the ball running to the tanks

10% ranged and melee defense ??? if you need that to survive you are doing it wrong

I garuntee you are one of the bad maras/sents that I roflstomp every time I enter a warzone. And if you are okay with that fine.

BTW force cloak isn't useful for escaping at all it doesn't last long enough to get you out of range, what it does do is give you a chance to recieve few ticks of health back from your bleeds which allow you to kick whoevers *** you were fighting. Or dodge big hits *Cough* Smash*cough* If you try to run with it ... LOL

thanks for the laugh

if you cant escape with camo you just suck

and if you are trying to use camo to regain HP while immune ... well, in the 4 seconds it lasts youll get about 10% of your HP, and thats if you have berserk up ... p.s. you can do that w/o phantom

and yes, it lets you avoid big AoEs ... spec defensive roll and learn to anticipate smash and pop your CDs, that will drop that 5k smash to a wet noodle-esque ~2500 without the price of spending talent points

now before you counter argue like an idiot ... im not saying phantom sucks, it doesnt, its awesome, i use it in my build, as should everyone ... BUT, its hardly necessary for a good player

ive pvpd with it and without it

berserk >>> predation for an anni marauder

unless you are trying to run the huttball

im not going to spend 2 points in ferocity just so i can be better at something i rarely ever do, marauders should be killing people, leave the ball running to the tanks

10% ranged and melee defense ??? if you need that to survive you are doing it wrong

I said that Predation is the most used one IN HUTTBALL. I end up running the ball a LOT in huttball (if Frenzy, my CC breaker, and Undying Rage are up, I will usually make it)

I said in my post that the points in Phantom are more important.

Where else would you spend the points than Predation if you don't want Phantom?

EDIT: Here is my spec http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#100bIbRrRRfGzZhMM.1

Critique what you want, but it works best for the playstyle that I have. I have been testing 2/2 Predation and 1/2 Close Quarters vs. 2/2 Close Quarters vs. 1/2 Predation and I enjoy having Close Quarters more, but it's all up to playstyle

Edited by jitsuo

I said that Predation is the most used one IN HUTTBALL. I end up running the ball a LOT in huttball (if Frenzy, my CC breaker, and Undying Rage are up, I will usually make it)

I said in my post that the points in Phantom are more important.

Where else would you spend the points than Predation if you don't want Phantom?

EDIT: Here is my spec http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#100bIbRrRRfGzZhMM.1

Critique what you want, but it works best for the playstyle that I have. I have been testing 2/2 Predation and 1/2 Close Quarters vs. 2/2 Close Quarters vs. 1/2 Predation and I enjoy having Close Quarters more, but it's all up to playstyle

even in huttball i use berserk almost exclusively, unless i happen to get the ball, but i generally try not to, when i play huttball i aim to control the middle for my team, not run the ball (we are certainly good ball runners, but i wouldnt think we are the best, and i do think we are the best at holding the middle, so thats what i do)

and i would want phantom, its a great ability, i just dont think its as important as some others think it is

your spec is almost exactly the same as mine, the only difference is that 1 point in ferocity i put in cloak of carnage, the passive rage generation you get from it is hugely beneficial

if you like running the ball i get why you would want ferocity, but that is almost literally all its good for, and thats all i was saying ... if you like to run the ball that cool, but thats pretty much the extent of ferocitys usefulness

even in huttball i use berserk almost exclusively, unless i happen to get the ball, but i generally try not to, when i play huttball i aim to control the middle for my team, not run the ball (we are certainly good ball runners, but i wouldnt think we are the best, and i do think we are the best at holding the middle, so thats what i do)

and i would want phantom, its a great ability, i just dont think its as important as some others think it is

your spec is almost exactly the same as mine, the only difference is that 1 point in ferocity i put in cloak of carnage, the passive rage generation you get from it is hugely beneficial

if you like running the ball i get why you would want ferocity, but that is almost literally all its good for, and thats all i was saying ... if you like to run the ball that cool, but thats pretty much the extent of ferocitys usefulness

I agree, but I end up with the ball every single Huttball match and I score a LOT. The extra run speed is vital to me because, on my server/the times I get on, the games are 90% Huttball (Imperial main with a HUGE imbalance issue on my server).

I feel that, if given the ball after the first fire pit, we're almost guaranteed to score. But, as I said, it's all akin to playstyle. I run the ball a lot so I use Ferocity, since you hold mid I can see why you don't take it

I agree, but I end up with the ball every single Huttball match and I score a LOT. The extra run speed is vital to me because, on my server/the times I get on, the games are 90% Huttball (Imperial main with a HUGE imbalance issue on my server).

I feel that, if given the ball after the first fire pit, we're almost guaranteed to score. But, as I said, it's all akin to playstyle. I run the ball a lot so I use Ferocity, since you hold mid I can see why you don't take it

off topic but i cant wait for the new warzone and same faction void stars

i play on an imp heavy server as well and get 90% huttballs, its fun, i love huttball, but some variety would be nice

off topic but i cant wait for the new warzone and same faction void stars

i play on an imp heavy server as well and get 90% huttballs, its fun, i love huttball, but some variety would be nice

Absolutely. I may change my spec when Voidstar hits but I use Predation a lot there too. Jump starts to the doors can lead to quick caps.

Absolutely. I may change my spec when Voidstar hits but I use Predation a lot there too. Jump starts to the doors can lead to quick caps.

hah

i bet you know where this is going to go ....

when we pop a door in VS i let the assassins sprint off to open the gates while i stay and hold back the other team at the blown door

:)

hah

i bet you know where this is going to go ....

when we pop a door in VS i let the assassins sprint off to open the gates while i stay and hold back the other team at the blown door

:)

;) Swtor is not a cookie cutter game, we all play the way we want