Splitting the GtN markets is a poor idea

corkymcgee

The GtN kiosk on ship should not be a high legacy high profit only market. You'll kill both faster than you can rollback and change it back to one network. Population issues, then splitting the market between casuals and high lvl chars? Dissappoint.

The issue is that usage of the GTN is pretty low now and most people ignore the Hutta kiosks and instead use the Imperial and Republic GTNs. The GTN access on the ship will be the Hutta (Neutral) network which will only have items from people that bother to post from Nar Shadda or Legacy level 35s on their ships. In other words, the market on the ships will be a limited cross section which limits its functionality. As people realize that no one is buying much on the Hutta Network they will go back to the GTNs on the fleet.

I currently have all the professions leveled to 400 and plan to have a lot of items for sale when 1.2 hits. I am only posting on the Imperial GTN and not the Hutta (Neutral) trade network because that is where the majority of players will be shopping. I'm sure most people will do the same thing.

If it would have been free at legacy 25, then it might have been a semi-decent addition and might have stood a chance at seeing a little more traffic. But requiring legacy 25 *and* 5 million credits just to have a dead GTN nobody bothered with anyway is just beyond ridiculous in my opinion.

I have an alt parked at the Nar Shaddaa terminal because I just wanted to have all the bases covered as well as funnel stuff from Republic<>Empire. But apart from that it is as dead as a rock on my server.

If it would have been free at legacy 25, then it might have been a semi-decent addition and might have stood a chance at seeing a little more traffic. But requiring legacy 25 *and* 5 million credits just to have a dead GTN nobody bothered with anyway is just beyond ridiculous in my opinion.

Totally agree.

a minority will buy it. an extreme minority will actually use it

I wouldn't bet on that.... It might take a while but I'll be aiming for one one every toons ship.... (That's 16 on live, I won't count the toons I currently have on the PTS).... And I'm quite sure I won't be in the minority in 8 months to a years time. The cross-faction aspect combined with the convenience.... and everyone who has this will also have a mailbox on board, even more convenience. I don't think it will have a shortage of clientèle.

Think a big problem about the nar shad is, not many people know its even there. It doesn't show up on the map.

Yeah why is that lol...

I agree that it will generally be ignored, much as the nar shadda market is now anyways. So just a credit sink. I mean I have the cash and the legacy level, but I'm not going to even bother.

Edited by Polebreaker

I wouldn't bet on that.... It might take a while but I'll be aiming for one one every toons ship.... (That's 16 on live, I won't count the toons I currently have on the PTS).... And I'm quite sure I won't be in the minority in 8 months to a years time. The cross-faction aspect combined with the convenience.... and everyone who has this will also have a mailbox on board, even more convenience. I don't think it will have a shortage of clientèle.

I believe buying it once opens it up for all characters, or what is the point of having it in the legacy system in the first place.

I believe buying it once opens it up for all characters, or what is the point of having it in the legacy system in the first place.

I hope so, but even if it was the other way around I'd still be doing it. The only reason the neutral one isn't getting much attention at the moment is that there is only one place to access it... so the only people using it are those with toons on both sides of the server, transferring stuff from one to the other.

when it is so convenient then you will see a change.... on a balanced server, you are doubling your potential customer base.

Do I expect it to take a few months to settle in, yes but I do expect it will get a lot of users, especially if you buy it with your main and all your alts get it as well.

The only reason the neutral one isn't getting much attention at the moment is that there is only one place to access it...

This ^^^ is actually incorrect, there is also one on Tatooine in the PvP area. But I do agree it's not in enough areas to really take off.

The neutral GTM will probably never catch on, if it ever does it will be a long long way down the road when level 25 legacy and 5 million credits is chump change, until then its an almost pointless addition to the game.

Well I have legacy lv 35 and over 5 million credits already. And I have not even tried to grind any legacy or money seriously... I just have been on line for a few hours every day sens the game gone live playing the game without focus on grinding anything.

So its not that long long way down the road to get to level 25 legacy if you have put in 2 hours a day or so. And no you're not a hardcore player if you play that much. But yes you're not casual either.

For the neutral thing. Well if you want to access that go to Nar Shaddaa then if you don't have the thing. And at least on my server Nar Shaddaa GTN is used frequently already, mainly yo transfer items and money between alts cross faction but still...

IMO They should have not put in a GTN on the ship at all. But at least now this will not kill the space fleet population too much. I think it's a good idea to make the ship GTN be conected to the Nar Shaddaa GTN and not the space fleet one.

I'm 8 year vet of City of Heroes , and when City of villians first came out, the two sides were seperate andnot able to cross purchase/sale, they merged the markets a while ago (1-2 years), and it made things a lot better for both sides.

I wish they would take it one step more,and allow accross servers.That way players on low Population servers would be able to buy stuff from players who dump on GTN from high population servers

Just make all the GTN Kiosk global, I dont know what Bioware seeks to gain by splitting the community, the servers already feel empty as they are.

This would be helpful. The servers aren't able to handle a large number of players, so there is no need to split the GTNs in the first place. But I do agree that if they are split, I like the idea of the neutral GTN being on the ship.

Yes, i agree. Make the ship's GTN connected to all GTNs. For the legacy rank required / cash payed, it must have some utility. For 5 mils, you dress up 10 characters lvl 50 in recruit gear...and for that price you buy some GTN that is not useful atm.

I don't think that Bio is actually offering this as an improved general access thing at all. I really thing that this is a minor addition to:

1) expanding the neutral AH. not necessarily for "general" use, but simply making it easier to cross-trade.

2) give casuals and serious Alt'ers an easier time with crafting. right now it's almost detrimental to have to fly over to Nar shadaa to trade across (my syntheaver is on repub side...my artificer is on empire...armstech on repub...etc).

I certainly agree it's not a GTN for everyone, but It seem like that's not their goal. In light of that, I agree with the issue of cost. simply way to expensive for what your getting. I'd love to have one on my ship (use neutral AH almost more then i use the regular one) but that that cost...ill level a toon up to 18 on each side and camp them at nar shadaa TYVM

I don't think that Bio is actually offering this as an improved general access thing at all. I really thing that this is a minor addition to:

1) expanding the neutral AH. not necessarily for "general" use, but simply making it easier to cross-trade.

2) give casuals and serious Alt'ers an easier time with crafting. right now it's almost detrimental to have to fly over to Nar shadaa to trade across (my syntheaver is on repub side...my artificer is on empire...armstech on repub...etc).

I certainly agree it's not a GTN for everyone, but It seem like that's not their goal. In light of that, I agree with the issue of cost. simply way to expensive for what your getting. I'd love to have one on my ship (use neutral AH almost more then i use the regular one) but that that cost...ill level a toon up to 18 on each side and camp them at nar shadaa TYVM

Re #1: Yes, because that's easier than mailing to a cross-faction alt in your legacy (which is possible in 1.2). ;)