The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Old BM Gear (with changed mods) -> to new 1.2 BM Gear (confusion)

Xyzwq

I posted about the exact issue with Rakat gear the other day.

They need to identify "foreign" mods / enhancements and place them in your bags, then upgrade the gear to whatever is happening with it during the patch. I have replaced too many enhancements to know what the hell goes where (im not even sure ive kept all the stuff i pulled out).

Honestly, these guys couldnt organise a pissup in a brewery ....

I do agree that some people will be blindsided and will come here to complain, however I think any high level PVPer with BM gear are probably somewhat active in research and know that at least "something" is going now. Plus at the logon screen you know BW will plaster all over it that there are changes are coming.

It isn't huge deal to me as I'm only valor 38 right now. But at my current rate, right as the patch hits I should be 60 (that is if they even still use that valor scale by then ;) )

i agree, the hardcore crowd will certainly be knowledgeable about it. And like you, it doesn't bother me personally too much. I'm just not looking forward to 1.2 hits and the boards are flooded by people who claim to be "duped".

I think it both make sense and not make sense.

First if you used your brain and modded your gear so it suit you better, it is most likely that you want it that way so BW shouldn't mess with your gear.

But now they make so big change to the gear so it doesn't matter how much you modded it you will still want to change it.

What they should do is to have a vendor on fleet there you can go trade your BM gear for new BM gear and mods shouldn't matter at all.

Then ppl that want to keep it as it is can do that and everyone else, even the ppl that listen to BW advice and change the mods can trade their gear and everyone would be happy.

My toon was recently copy'd to the PTS.

Now, All of the mods (even the ones I swapped for "better" ones on live server, which is just about all of them) had an amount of expertise on them allong with other stats.

I've not done any breakdowns and compared PTS mods with live mods on my personal set of gear, but at the very least I can tell you all of the mods have been updated in my case.

I'm on about mods, not enhancements. As in most of my BM gear the enhancements are of a lower level. On the PTS, these enhancements remained unchanged, as in they're still the lower lvl ones.

PS, whatsup G?

Edited by Cuppcake

This has been beaten to death and has a GM response...You know the answer already deal with it. Just think of it as a price to pay for facerollin kids with stat stacking that wasn't intentional to begin im sure the dev's didn't have 10k force sweeps with power stacking in mind when they created the sets. Edited by warkat

This has been beaten to death and has a GM response...You know the answer already deal with it. Just think of it as a price to pay for facerollin kids with stat stacking that wasn't intentional to begin im sure the dev's didn't have 10k force sweeps with power stacking in mind when they created the sets.

well, i think they had skunks in their head when they created the sets with stats most do not need at all.

oh and if they didn't intended to stack/accumulate the stats you want to then they wouldn't have made them moddable.