LOL At Champbags/BM Bags..

Ehnder

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope OP is right...

Since rank 60 I've opened 19 bags, 1 BM token. I'm now rank 65 with ONE token. I have purchased 4. At this rate I'll be a War Hero rocking full Champ gear still.

OP was talking about champ tokens (direct item turn ins) which the devs CLEARLY stated that when they implemented the increased champ COMMENDATIONS they were directly and severely decreasing the rate at which the item turn-ins would spawn because it would be faster to buy champ items outright with just commendations; and you're complaining about BM commendations.

Then you say he's right.

Did you not understand his post, or are you just...uh...?

Edited by Nangasaur

OP: your question answers itself.

It is difficult and up to luck at the moment because the current system is lousy. That's why they are changing it with the next patch, because they KNOW it's lousy and want to make it better. It's a huge overhaul and not something done lightly -- so it's part of the big content patch.

your right rng is rng... however its kinda lame when we have had 8 people from our server open 80 bags + and havent got 1 comm or 1 token yet, thats really RNG? ever since they changed the dorp rate our server has seen MAYBE 2 tokens.

Ya dont beleave that one bit lol talk about FOS...

Since hitting BM a few days ago, I have gotten 2 BM tokens from bags. The very first one and the third. Since that third one, I've opened 7 additional without a token (total 10).
Congratulations, that's a 20% return. The percent chance by the mathematical formula is 25%. Not 1 in 4, which is a ratio. Two different things.

Congratulations, that's a 20% return. The percent chance by the mathematical formula is 25%. Not 1 in 4, which is a ratio. Two different things.

Yes, I think it's very close to what BW has been advertising (i.e., the 25% chance).

OP: your question answers itself.

It is difficult and up to luck at the moment because the current system is lousy. That's why they are changing it with the next patch, because they KNOW it's lousy and want to make it better. It's a huge overhaul and not something done lightly -- so it's part of the big content patch.

I wouldn't put words in their mouths by saying, "they know it's lousy". I'd just say they are looking for a system that more people enjoy.

Unfortunately, it's going to a system that really just makes it a lot easier to fully gear up. And in essence, make people reach boredom level faster.

I preferred Rift's system before the change. You earned every bit of your PVP gear based purely on how much time you put into it, and not one person was any luckier than another person (other than just getting into a random PUG warzone with terribads and losing a lot, thus earning less points over a long period of time).

Yes, I think it's very close to what BW has been advertising (i.e., the 25% chance).
Yep. And the very small minority (coincidentally, the most vocal, as with all things human) who are extremely unlucky just think BW is lying to us, the system is bugged, etc.

It's neither of those. RNG just has a chance of making people unlucky, and a chance of making other people very lucky.

Edited by Nangasaur

I wouldn't put words in their mouths by saying, "they know it's lousy". I'd just say they are looking for a system that more people enjoy.

Unfortunately, it's going to a system that really just makes it a lot easier to fully gear up. And in essence, make people reach boredom level faster.

I preferred Rift's system before the change. You earned every bit of your PVP gear based purely on how much time you put into it, and not one person was any luckier than another person (other than just getting into a random PUG warzone with terribads and losing a lot, thus earning less points over a long period of time).

I think they know the RNG system is lousy. Hence the band-aid of offering BM Comms for 1000/1000 prior to this patch. It was a stopgap measure to tide people over before the full change.

It's likely that what we see in 1.2 is not the definitive vision they have for PvP gear. It's still very much a work in progress in this game. So the next tier could use the same system, or something different. Either way, i think they recognize that so much RNG tied to pvp gear was just a bad idea. Direct purchase of gear that is equal to effort put in is the best solution.

Now, whether it's too easy to get, and if that's a good or bad thing, is an entirely different conversation. Something we as players and BW as developers will have to continue to look at down the road. They're moving in the right direction, but MMO development and growth is always rocky (especially so early on).

Edited by Darthshnooky

It makes ZERO sense to continue with the bag system until 1.2

It is safe to say the majority of pvp'ers are in mix of Champion Gear with even less having a mix of champ/bm and full BM.

In 1.2, the BM pieces are going to explode with stats! Champion, will remain the same thus making the gap between the two pretty damn big.

I really see no reason not to mini-patch in the BM for warzone comms now. If you want to leave it at r60 till patch, so be it.

Otherwise, my terrible RNG will be exploited when facing lucky geared wz teams.*

(and please dont tell me you are not going to go for rated games right away especially if you have been a BM for a month or so and have gotten maybe 1-2 pieces due to sheer luck).

It makes ZERO sense to continue with the bag system until 1.2

It is safe to say the majority of pvp'ers are in mix of Champion Gear with even less having a mix of champ/bm and full BM.

In 1.2, the BM pieces are going to explode with stats! Champion, will remain the same thus making the gap between the two pretty damn big.

I really see no reason not to mini-patch in the BM for warzone comms now. If you want to leave it at r60 till patch, so be it.

Otherwise, my terrible RNG will be exploited when facing lucky geared wz teams.*

(and please dont tell me you are not going to go for rated games right away especially if you have been a BM for a month or so and have gotten maybe 1-2 pieces due to sheer luck).

Those of us who have full BM or near it with only a month's worth of BM-played time are, "lucky"? By who's standard? You do realize that you can get 64 bags a month, and many of us have also purchased BM comms with 1000/1000 (I myself have bought a few).

25% of 64 is 16. And after buying the last few with 1000/1000, it's certainly not "lucky" to have full BM gear in one month. On the contrary. It would be totally, completely, and without argument to be considered normal, by the percent chance. "Lucky" would be anything less than that.

It really is random.

In the last 5 days i have received 5 BM tokens. My RNG is on fire. What i will say is Champ tokens seems to be super dupa rare, i only ever got 2 things out of them since they changed the bags ever.

I never got a drop from them. went from 47-63 valor ranks, god knows how many champ bags.

Those of us who have full BM or near it with only a month's worth of BM-played time are, "lucky"? By who's standard? You do realize that you can get 64 bags a month, and many of us have also purchased BM comms with 1000/1000 (I myself have bought a few).

25% of 64 is 16. And after buying the last few with 1000/1000, it's certainly not "lucky" to have full BM gear in one month. On the contrary. It would be totally, completely, and without argument to be considered normal, by the percent chance. "Lucky" would be anything less than that.

I would say "pretty lucky" considering my experience with the current system.

I am not even sure what you are trying to get at. The system is terrible, and I see no reason SWTOR should continue using it until 1.2.

I vote to patch in the WZ coms for BM gear as soon as next week.

I would say "pretty lucky" considering my experience with the current system.

Edited, because I don't want to hurt your feelings.

There's a psychiatric diagnosis for this sort of thing. It's call delusional paranoia. When you think "normal" is anything but.

Edited by Nangasaur

I never got a drop from them. went from 47-63 valor ranks, god knows how many champ bags.
Because the champ item turn ins were drastically reduced in frequency after they greatly increased the commendation rewards. Nothing peculiar about your experience there.

I am 3 for 30 so far and I have also purchased one for 1000/1000.

I am Valor rank 62.

I have 5 BM pieces and the rest Champion.

I need 1 more piece, as it is the only only upgrade.

The rest of the BM pieces for my class/spec are sidegrades or downgrades.

As frustrating as this rng method of gearing has been, it is a moot point.

BM gear is mostly terrible, and skilled players can win in Champ gear.

And I'll just call you delusional, paranoid, and disgruntled because you're unlucky and think "normalcy" is anything but normal.

And I will call you and arrogant douche bag. How can I be unlucky when luck is it not a factor???

Also grats on being normal? Something to aspire too I guess

Edit: I do not think there is a black cloud looming over my bm bags. Just horrible rng!

Not sure why you take it so personal

Edited by Audenlol

Okay so riddle me this SWTOR developers... Why the heck are you making it so EASY to get pvp gear next patch... i.e you can just buy it with wz comms and have no valor rank... but currently since you changed the drop rated on Champ tokens we have had 9 people on our server open 84 bags each... we keep track ... and not recieve one token... why is it so hard to get pvp gear now, but you are making it so easy come patch... same with BM comms... its a joke. you want to be just like wow?

What are you on about ?? Champion gearing is now guaranteed. Play enough and you will get full Champ set in no time from the comms. Champ tokens are just a bonus.

Do you prefer getting 5 duplicate champion chest pieces via old RNG ?

BM token is RNG from bags, but by time you hit early BM you will have full Champ so the progression is fine. Everything need not be given on a plater. Besides there is secondary mode to acquiring BM gear now with the 1000 / 1000 comms.

A quicker gear up process only enhances PvP competition. This is not PvE, where time spent should equal stronger gear. This is a test of skill, and there's no reason to call yourself skilled if you're just using the crutch of stronger gear to beat opponents.

I don't blame anyone for wanting to be more powerful. That's human nature. But in a competitive environment, equality is the only way to measure true skill.

ive been grinding BM gear for a week. out of the 14 BM bags ive opened i have received 1 bm token a day except for one where i got 2..... and then bought third that day. One for 2 on the dailys so far and 2 for 2 on the weeklys turned in thus far. surely the bags are randomized to the vendor.....not to the player (as all would like). but then how would that be random? it doesnt keep track of what youve received...to later give you a BM comm because you have yet to get one. It is what it is, short straw wins, the bag you grab is live or it isnt. build a bridge and get over it already......queue up dont QQ.

Okay so riddle me this SWTOR developers... Why the heck are you making it so EASY to get pvp gear next patch... i.e you can just buy it with wz comms and have no valor rank... but currently since you changed the drop rated on Champ tokens we have had 9 people on our server open 84 bags each... we keep track ... and not recieve one token... why is it so hard to get pvp gear now, but you are making it so easy come patch... same with BM comms... its a joke. you want to be just like wow?

I mean, it's not like they got an entire set of Champ gear or anything from those bags.

84x7 = 568 champion tokens. Full set.

I think you got a little herp in your derp.

Grinders are lowest life form on a planet. They dont have feelings to hurt, so why anyone should bother? And if they do - still why anyone should bother - they are the lowest life foem on a planet?

Nothing in this game is a grind. Not even remotely.