Mini game additions required

Dovor

I was told to suggest here, so here goes.

Where's the mini-games? You guys haven't tapped into it yet and as far as I know most other MMORPG's barely scratch the surface.

Millions of people play simple games on Pogo.com and similar sites. Why aren't you guys tapping into this player-base? It's huge. And there are lots of categories to choose from that are all applicable to Star Wars.

Sebacc, other card variants, 3D monster chess, betting on races (speeder and random), participating in races, SPORTS, pets with customizable features and the ability to train them new tricks, player controlled npc's (setting up their own shops via droid / personal npc), more ship customization and freedom, etc. I'm sure you see where I'm going with this.

The Star Wars universe is huge and all of these things apply to it lore-wise. Customization / immersion features are what a LOT of gamers (especially MMORPG gamers) want from their games. ADD SOME OF THIS STUFF!

P.S

Also my GF told me to ask for tawn-tawn riding. (those furry guys from hoth that snort and get eaten by monsters that try to kill luke ... but you can't kill luke, because he's a jedi duh).

i disagree entirely that they are needed. if i wanted to play those types of games i dont want to log into swtor to do so. i also dont want that playerbase here in the slightest. the last thing this community needs are anymore players that have no clue what they are doing, and dont want to learn. just like if you had actually popped open google and did a search before posting you would know that EVERYTHING you just asked for is already coming.

i disagree entirely that they are needed. if i wanted to play those types of games i dont want to log into swtor to do so. i also dont want that playerbase here in the slightest. the last thing this community needs are anymore players that have no clue what they are doing, and dont want to learn. just like if you had actually popped open google and did a search before posting you would know that EVERYTHING you just asked for is already coming.

This dude is a troll, ignore him. Every single post he makes is negative.

It's obvious he hasn't leveled to 50, because let's face it. This game is getting boring as much as I love it. I'm glad mini-games are in the future. Should be fun.

This dude is a troll, ignore him. Every single post he makes is negative.

It's obvious he hasn't leveled to 50, because let's face it. This game is getting boring as much as I love it. I'm glad mini-games are in the future. Should be fun.

actually im only negative to pointless "suggestions". especailly when said suggestions have already been addressed. i brought up valid points as to why they shouldnt be added to the game, and instead of actually refuting or addressing those, you called me a troll. misusing the forum is your problem.

Like I said in the previous thread, stop posting.

It's apparent that you are what they call a "troll". with your "Total Posts 755" it's ALSO apparent you are one of the kids that is constantly on the forums whining, complaining, raging, and "trolling" because you LITERALLY have nothing better to do. Don't be that guy.

Stop coming at me like you have anything - stop trying to get the last word.

Now I suppose I'll wait another 15 seconds for you to come up with some witty response?

Like I said in the previous thread, stop posting.

It's apparent that you are what they call a "troll". with your "Total Posts 755" it's ALSO apparent you are one of the kids that is constantly on the forums whining, complaining, raging, and "trolling" because you LITERALLY have nothing better to do. Don't be that guy.

I have to wonder if you have actually looked at any of those 755 posts. I did, and they did not seem to be whining, complaining, raging, or trolling to me. I didn't necessarily agree with them, but they certainly didn't seem anywhere near as bad as many I have seen.

With respect to this thread, I do agree with him. I see no need whatsoever for mini-games, nor do I think they would be appropriate.

On the other hand, you jumped into this thread making accusations and insults, but no input whatsoever regarding the actual topic of the thread. Who's the troll?

I have to wonder if you have actually looked at any of those 755 posts. I did, and they did not seem to be whining, complaining, raging, or trolling to me. I didn't necessarily agree with them, but they certainly didn't seem anywhere near as bad as many I have seen.

With respect to this thread, I do agree with him. I see no need whatsoever for mini-games, nor do I think they would be appropriate.

On the other hand, you jumped into this thread making accusations and insults, but no input whatsoever regarding the actual topic of the thread. Who's the troll?

Did you literally not just do the SAME exact thing?

How is your post irrelevant to anything at this time? If you don't like what the OP has said, don't post, your opinion on not liking it doesn't matter.

Suggestion forums aren't for people to rant on, they are to see how many people AGREE.

Posting saying you disagree is pointless...

Ok cool, you disagree? Moving on.

Did you literally not just do the SAME exact thing?

How is your post irrelevant to anything at this time? If you don't like what the OP has said, don't post, your opinion on not liking it doesn't matter.

Suggestion forums aren't for people to rant on, they are to see how many people AGREE.

Posting saying you disagree is pointless...

Ok cool, you disagree? Moving on.

see, the problem is what you personally perceive. these forums are for discussion. not just as a poll to see how many want x feature. perhaps you should read the forum guidelines, they are stickied at the top of the forum.

also, no he did not, he responded saying that he didnt want them in game either. which, admittedly is moot, since the devs have already stated in numerous places that they LOVE mini games and that they are coming. personally one would hope that if enough people actually spoke up against something, with enough good reasons why, bioware themselves would take notice. if anything that is what is happening with combat logs. the poor implementation to appease the playerbase that cant deal with other players constructively (much like yourself) is staggering.

STOP TROLLING...

... are there really going to be mini-games? Awesome!

Star Wars wasn't just action and cool cut-scenes. There was more to it. The movies had LIFE happening around the action. Racing, gambling, cards, games, sports ... all of those things were in the movies and they made the movies more real. Why would you not want it in your MMORPG gameplay? It's an aspect of the Star Wars universe.

As for "NOT RESEARCHING LUL" I read the immediate posts on the front page and watched the trailer. I didn't see anything in this way mentioned. I think that's all I needed for due diligence. If everyone thoroughly researched everything before they asked a question there wouldn't be many questions left. So as the other guy said .. stop trolling and putting other people down. It only makes your ***** smaller. And no girls out there like a small *****. Or guys, if you swing that way. Unless maybe pedophiles ... as it would represent a younger ...

HAHA. Anyone have a link to these mini-games or mention of them? Thanks in advance!

Dovor, I don't have a link for you but have you ever run Esseles before? When you first walk on board there is a Sabacc table that is bright blue ( an object you can interact with ) and it says "this table is not excepting new players at this time.

I think that's a little hint they will be adding some Sabacc tables :)

STOP TROLLING...

... are there really going to be mini-games? Awesome!

Star Wars wasn't just action and cool cut-scenes. There was more to it. The movies had LIFE happening around the action. Racing, gambling, cards, games, sports ... all of those things were in the movies and they made the movies more real. Why would you not want it in your MMORPG gameplay? It's an aspect of the Star Wars universe.

As for "NOT RESEARCHING LUL" I read the immediate posts on the front page and watched the trailer. I didn't see anything in this way mentioned. I think that's all I needed for due diligence. If everyone thoroughly researched everything before they asked a question there wouldn't be many questions left. So as the other guy said .. stop trolling and putting other people down. It only makes your ***** smaller. And no girls out there like a small *****. Or guys, if you swing that way. Unless maybe pedophiles ... as it would represent a younger ...

HAHA. Anyone have a link to these mini-games or mention of them? Thanks in advance!

daniel erickson has mentioned it in several interviews, even from before launch, and it was mentioned in 3 seperate panels at the guild summit. we have no details other than they "love" them and that they are coming once the major issues are resolved.