PvP Sent build with spec and video

KaptainPlanet

What do you guys think? I tried to get the video sync'ed with the music and fast fowarded as many fights as i could to show all the sync'ed finishing blows.

I'm heading out to work but I'll update why i spec'd this way and left out Dw talents ect.....

This SPEC IS BUGGING OUT in the link should be:

33/4/4

http://www.swtor-spy.com/skill-tree-calculator/sentinel/18/?build=002303220212201200320230001020200000000000000000000000000310000000000000000000000000

Or

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#501bIrRroMcGzZzMZhM0M.1

Really depends on how i feel that day :)

criticism, praise, and questions are all welcome.

(yes I didn't have pvp relics, Head, Legs, or chest equipped LOL)

Edited by KaptainPlanet

Sorry for the delay on the update:

Here is a few reason why I spec this particular way and not like most others.

Insight = +6% force crit

Reason is because to boost your crit chance with:

Force stasis - The crits tick for 900-1k use this when tons of dots are stacked. use AWE early to make them blow their break early to better the chances for a full channel.

Force sweep- For 1 force, Aoe, and the centering stack worth it.

Overlord saber- It's your dot and you want this to crit.

blade storm- for 3 focus (after refund) nice to use when chasing & cc'd if your not using this your just wasting a nice ability that has it's place.

No duel mastery?

For a total of 3 points (a waste) you boost your off hand weapon by 100-125 damage. You might think it's a lot but honestly it's not a lot at all. Your dot's and Survivability is your friend you can do a lot better without this tree skill.

TIPS

-Use AWE early to force them to blow their break.

-A grenade is handy when you stealth I gain distance throw a 2k nade and force leap back in.

- Overlord saber should be used while in mid air force leaping.

- Blade storm is useful if you're not using it your failing at our class. It isn't in a rotation but it is an situational technique to utilize .

- You need to be popping zen every second you get it makes a difference. Some times when i see a 1v1 fight ahead I'll pop inspiration/Relic/adrenal and tear them apart but this isnt always ideal or wise.

- don't pop pacify when you have your bubbles up do it before or after. our shields already do enough damage absorption as it is no need to waste a good skill.

- If you happen to get a bunch of dot's stacked on you and have no bubble PoP your damn Camo. It will negate the damage and keep you alive even get you out of a tight spot.

-Riposte is a ***** to keep track of because of were it's not always obvious it's active or not. Try Unbinding "S" (you don't need it and helps you prevent back peddling) I know this isn't idea but next patch we can move are bars in more.

IF i think of anything else ill update it

Don't hybrid spec, whatever you do. Hybrid speccing is not viable for Sentinel. Prferably you go hard watchman. Using awe just to kill someone is a giant waste and you really should save that for CCing people when capping objectives. Also if you are gonna throw a grenade throw one that CCs. 2k damage every 5 seconds is terrible. An extra CC every five minutes can win the WZ. Edited by Derian

Don't hybrid spec, whatever you do. Hybrid speccing is not viable for Sentinel. Prferably you go hard watchman. Using awe just to kill someone is a giant waste and you really should save that for CCing people when capping objectives. Also if you are gonna throw a grenade throw one that CCs. 2k damage every 5 seconds is terrible. An extra CC every five minutes can win the WZ.

I'm not speaking for objective pvp. I'm speaking about dps/survival.

If you are in a situation were it is only you vs someone else at a cap AWE before force stasis is a MUST!!!!! It's a good move to make someone waste their precious Break which will allow you to hit them with a full force stasis + dot ticks + A nice merc slash or dispatch to finish.

About the nades = Yes it's better to throw a cc nade when a large group is present but when it's just You vs someone else throw the pyro nade any damage helps when it comes down to a fight.

Post your build please.

if you went strait watchman only your totally screwing yourself. The way i spec is i can survive many opponents, I can handle 2v1 situations decently, and if I want I can pressure on a 3v1 situation were I last long enough to keep them away from touching an objective until backup arrives or Take at least one with me.

Again please post your build I'd like to see what you have

I'm not speaking for objective pvp. I'm speaking about dps/survival.

If you are in a situation were it is only you vs someone else at a cap AWE before force stasis is a MUST!!!!! It's a good move to make someone waste their precious Break which will allow you to hit them with a full force stasis + dot ticks + A nice merc slash or dispatch to finish.

About the nades = Yes it's better to throw a cc nade when a large group is present but when it's just You vs someone else throw the pyro nade any damage helps when it comes down to a fight.

Post your build please.

if you went strait watchman only your totally screwing yourself. The way i spec is i can survive many opponents, I can handle 2v1 situations decently, and if I want I can pressure on a 3v1 situation were I last long enough to keep them away from touching an objective until backup arrives or Take at least one with me.

Again please post your build I'd like to see what you have

My build is 35/5/1 I don't need to waste awe unless it's a BH Healer or Im trying to break a sniper out of cover. 1v1 I can pretty much kill anything 1v1 without having to use it, you should be able to as well, but you can only be that strong 1v1 with a strong watchman Spec. You can handle 2v1s or whatever. Your dots are weak because you are gimping yourself without the best burn talents by going hybrid and you don't have force fade.

If you have this much trouble with someone 1v1 you need to mix up your strategy. Five minutes is a long time, I'm not going to waste the grenade on doing damage. I rarely even need Force Stasis, again, a proper Watchman can kill almost anyone 1v1,

Holly **** *FACEPALM*

The first skill try i posted isn't my spec. I don't know what happened there let me update it. I was wondering *** is this guy talking about.

the spec was bugging out should be 33/4/4

Edited by KaptainPlanet

Holly **** *FACEPALM*

The first skill try i posted isn't my spec. I don't know what happened there let me update it. I was wondering *** is this guy talking about.

lol Ok yeah that's the one I had the most issues with the other stuff is whatever.

Hey Kaptain, I recently rolled a Sent and am only lvl 14 but so far I'm floored with this class and I know it's only gonna get better. I was hoping you could post an updated link to the first build you posted. I'd like an idea of what general direction I should head as I level up and PvP is going to be my main focus, another question-when you are utilizing a multi-tree build like that should I focus all of my early points in all of the first tier skills and then work my way up the watchman tree? I also just watched your naked PvP vid...funny **** man.

Sorry Kaptain, but I just did not enjoy the movie as much as I had hoped.

I do not doubt that you know how to play the class, but to much of what is in the movie is simple "Dispatch" spamming crit numbers, and not enough content.

I'm a person who likes to see fights in their entirety, especially 2v1 and 3v1's. I can appreciate the occasional "OMG" numbers, but I just felt that it had a little bit to much for my liking.

I didn't necessarily enjoy the end of the video as it kind of just stopped. I did however enjoy the way you made the end of the video look. I think a lot could be done with that.

Overall I'd give it a 6/10.

Sorry Kaptain, but I just did not enjoy the movie as much as I had hoped.

I do not doubt that you know how to play the class, but to much of what is in the movie is simple "Dispatch" spamming crit numbers, and not enough content.

I'm a person who likes to see fights in their entirety, especially 2v1 and 3v1's. I can appreciate the occasional "OMG" numbers, but I just felt that it had a little bit to much for my liking.

I didn't necessarily enjoy the end of the video as it kind of just stopped. I did however enjoy the way you made the end of the video look. I think a lot could be done with that.

Overall I'd give it a 6/10.

Yea the video wasn't meant to show off skill. What i did was fast forward full fights in the gaps between the "hit the floor" lyrics.

Hey Kaptain, I recently rolled a Sent and am only lvl 14 but so far I'm floored with this class and I know it's only gonna get better. I was hoping you could post an updated link to the first build you posted. I'd like an idea of what general direction I should head as I level up and PvP is going to be my main focus, another question-when you are utilizing a multi-tree build like that should I focus all of my early points in all of the first tier skills and then work my way up the watchman tree? I also just watched your naked PvP vid...funny **** man.

http://www.swtor-spy.com/skill-tree-calculator/sentinel/18/?build=002303220212201200320230001020200000000000000000000000000310000000000000000000000000

Here got a link up. Leveling a sentinel is painful. It gets worse around the 30's but once you hit 50 things do start looking better

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying to get better with the Sentinel and it's driving me crazy. I'm Valor 31 and it's a long painful road to Valor 60.

I've tried the Watchman and had some success, but I switched to Focus for the 2nd leap attack. Also, the Watchman spec is...tiring. So much to focus on and do.

My questions:

How do you bind your powers? Is it a mouse binding or do you just have a perfect keybinding? I kinda hate using Alt- and Ctrl- when trying to fight.

How are you criticalling so much? I noticed it more in another video of yours. It cannot just be Insight. What is your Critical and Surge values?

Please and thanks.