Feature suggestion

Anubisstargate

For a start I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place, as you can see this will be my first post haha. I'm just a person of idea's and I thought its time I share some things. I don't mind what people say either, everyone is entitled to their own opinions :)

Now since we have Ilum already I'm not gonna suggest a new planet xD

Guild suggestions:

Now we talk together, get on a mumble server or teamspeak, we do PvP, flashpoints, operations, dailys and lvling. So do we want more to do with our guild/online friends? Of course :)

On Ilum we should have guild fortresses, a fairly large area dedicated on each side to the factions guilds to own their on fortress. What's the point? Well Ilum needs to be more important. A guild fortress will play an important role in the factions PvP play and global bonus as well as rewarding the guild with various items. Now as much as this will be in a PvP area it does NOT mean you have to participate in PvP. This fortress plays a nice role for your guild to meet up, organise FP's, operations, use the guild bank, use PvE and PvP terminals, use a guild ship (if implemented) to travel to fleet or different planets. This fortress will play a role in supporting your factions side of the battlefield in Ilum, defense systems like turrets and traps can be put on your fortresses as well as barriers to protect them from damage, fortresses can not be destroyed, but can lose the ability to defend the said factions area.

A global bonus should be something worth while, otherwise what's the point? And something that doesn't inbalance the game. I would let that be decided to the developers haha! Unless anyone has suggestions.

More to do with guilds: The developers want the legacy system to be big so let's make big with Guild Legacy!! A part of your legacy that unlocks bonus's for your guild of course. Want a bigger family tree? Here we go. Now unlike your normal legacy having a shared legacy with your guild legacy does unlock species or new moves but enhances your game play with guild members. Does your 'Dad' have healing capabilities? Well to look after his son of daughter he now heals you for more. Your brother can shield you, for more! Your family, your guild members are there for each other through PvE and PvP. Mix and match your abilities and see how your guild play effects your game play.

The guild legacy is the only way to acquire the guild fortress as well. Also to access the guild fortress. Level 10 to enter and to acquire the fortress, divide the total number of members by 10 and that is how many members have to contribute money plus have level 12 legacy, of which they all have to purchase the option on their own legacy system, who said having your own fortress would be cheap? :) now to stop guilds from making the most of having less guild by kicking and re-inviting people, if/when the update gets revealed if anyone is logged as leaving the guild they will not be back in the guild for 1 month after the update. It does seem harsh but this has got to be fair and not abused.

So yeah that's me done I think, been typing this on my blackberry so I can't quite remember if I noted down everything I wanted to say haha.

Thank you for your time reading this and feedback would be appreciated :)

Asg

Greetings Anubisstargate,

Thank you for your suggestion. We always enjoy receiving feedback from our customers on how we can improve Star Wars™: The Old Republic™.

In future please post your suggestions in the General Discussions or our Suggestion box forums.

Thank you for contacting us.

For a start I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place, as you can see this will be my first post haha. I'm just a person of idea's and I thought its time I share some things. I don't mind what people say either, everyone is entitled to their own opinions :)

Now since we have Ilum already I'm not gonna suggest a new planet xD

Guild suggestions:

Now we talk together, get on a mumble server or teamspeak, we do PvP, flashpoints, operations, dailys and lvling. So do we want more to do with our guild/online friends? Of course :)

On Ilum we should have guild fortresses, a fairly large area dedicated on each side to the factions guilds to own their on fortress. What's the point? Well Ilum needs to be more important. A guild fortress will play an important role in the factions PvP play and global bonus as well as rewarding the guild with various items. Now as much as this will be in a PvP area it does NOT mean you have to participate in PvP. This fortress plays a nice role for your guild to meet up, organise FP's, operations, use the guild bank, use PvE and PvP terminals, use a guild ship (if implemented) to travel to fleet or different planets. This fortress will play a role in supporting your factions side of the battlefield in Ilum, defense systems like turrets and traps can be put on your fortresses as well as barriers to protect them from damage, fortresses can not be destroyed, but can lose the ability to defend the said factions area.

they are moving away from the illum design entirely for now, because it really isnt working. also, they have brought up the idea of guild battle ships on multiple occasions. both of which puts this idea off. personally im against the meeting hall, it takes too many people out of centralized locations and makes the world feel even emptier than it actually is.

A global bonus should be something worth while, otherwise what's the point? And something that doesn't inbalance the game. I would let that be decided to the developers haha! Unless anyone has suggestions.

pve bonuses should never be provided by pvp. especially with how badly balance is right now, and with how bioware is encouraging alts on both sides.

More to do with guilds: The developers want the legacy system to be big so let's make big with Guild Legacy!! A part of your legacy that unlocks bonus's for your guild of course. Want a bigger family tree? Here we go. Now unlike your normal legacy having a shared legacy with your guild legacy does unlock species or new moves but enhances your game play with guild members. Does your 'Dad' have healing capabilities? Well to look after his son of daughter he now heals you for more. Your brother can shield you, for more! Your family, your guild members are there for each other through PvE and PvP. Mix and match your abilities and see how your guild play effects your game play.

i also completely disagree with this. you already get a large number of benefits just from joining a guild. making it even more powerful, or worse yet, hand holding and forcing people to guild up with these kinds of advantages does more harm to the playerbase than good. putting up with all kinds of drama that you normally wouldnt because you dont want to lose access to buff a, or perk b, gives way more power to guilds in general.

The guild legacy is the only way to acquire the guild fortress as well. Also to access the guild fortress. Level 10 to enter and to acquire the fortress, divide the total number of members by 10 and that is how many members have to contribute money plus have level 12 legacy, of which they all have to purchase the option on their own legacy system, who said having your own fortress would be cheap? :) now to stop guilds from making the most of having less guild by kicking and re-inviting people, if/when the update gets revealed if anyone is logged as leaving the guild they will not be back in the guild for 1 month after the update. It does seem harsh but this has got to be fair and not abused.

while once we do get access to guild battleships (or something like it) will be some kind of massive guild undertaking, this isnt the right way to gate it. considering how bioware has already stated that the guild bank was going to be rather prohibitively expensive for even small guilds to max out, i dont forsee something as wanted as this being cheap or super easy to acquire.

• 3 months later...

Currently guilds need to uses websites for planing raids, pvp teams, schedules, etc. I think there are a lot of people who do not what to sign up for these websites, and I hope that an in game equivalent could be made. Thank you in advance.

Grand Moff Bob

Edited by GrandMoffBob

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.