Voice Editor

OrionOrbit

I tried a brief search but couldn't find anything on this but has anyone ever considered or suggested the concept of incorporating a simple voice editor?

I just rolled a body type 3 Sith Pureblood Inquisitor to be a tank and upon hearing him speak in the first cutscene I was a bit thrown off by how far from appropriate the sound of his voice was for his appearance.

I believe this would be a really good option to customize your characters even further and to feel more connected to the voice-acted scenes.

A great idea, and yet given the amount of voice acting invested in the game currently, that would require an immense financial burden, having to add hours of extra voice acting by dozens of male and female actors.

Not if it was a simple pitch adjuster to lower or raise the pitch on the existing voice acting

Not if it was a simple pitch adjuster to lower or raise the pitch on the existing voice acting

This I support. SPORE, for example, had three voice tracks for members of the player's species, and a voice track for each of 8 archetypes for other empires. However, there were pitch variations built in. Bulkier creatures would have lower voices, and scrawnier creatures higher voices.

This is more what I had in mind. Doesn't have to be a complete voice over makeover, just something to adjust pitch would be great. I have no clue what kind of work would go into adding something like this but I can't imagine it would be very cost prohibitive when considering the enhanced customization value.

Would love to hear more input on the subject. Thanks for your replies. :)

Glad to see someone else that thinks this.

You could change the voices alot with out recording anything. I simple reverb is all it would take to make the BH sound like Cade Bane if Duros were introduced.

A little different from what you sugggested but i thought about the same thing to give more species options.

Glad to see someone else that thinks this.

You could change the voices alot with out recording anything. I simple reverb is all it would take to make the BH sound like Cade Bane if Duros were introduced.

A little different from what you sugggested but i thought about the same thing to give more species options.

That sounds like it would be great. Looking forward to seeing if this gets scooped up by the devs. If you'd like to see this happen, make sure you spread the word! :)