Top ten biggest huttball mistakes

Pcolapat

10. Fighting the other team in your own endzone. If you have played enough huttball, this activity is a sign of a losing team. It is out of desperation. Unless the enemy ball carrier is in the area of your endzone, you should not fight there. Go after the ball carrier and ignore the enemy players near your endzone. If you can stop the ball carrier before he gets to your endzone, you have effectively taken all of those spawn campers out of play, and they are not going to be able to stop your team from scoring.

This one is a bit off.

I had one game where I scored 4 straight goals, because the other team left me in their end zone, which made it easy for my team, just go into the pit and pass. And I was there for the 5th as well. Then I left to get some medals.

In other games, with a juggernaut on our team, I've been there as an intercede target, allowing for easy goals, again, because rather than needing the ramps, the Jugg could just go straight through the pit. Yet there was plenty of time before the Jugg became an intercede/charge threat to have dealt with me.

The actual mistake is fighting pointless fights. For example, a guy off to the side, sticking around with a few buddies to kill him, when you should be getting back to the middle or the ball carrier. Your team is down multiple people, while the opposing team is only down one. Pointlessly chasing a healer who isn't near the action when playing against a team with multiple healers. Basically, getting distracted by a bright shiny object, rather than keeping your mind on the objective of the game.

oh c'mon, we've all accidentally hit the wrong endzone at least once :p sometimes you just get turned around and there are more pressing matters, like the 8 people attacking you.

It doesn't happen a lot, but i usually find it hilarious.

My personal pet peeve's are standing at the edge of the pit (ahem ranged dps) and letting the BH jump to you. Can't tell you how many times i've yelled YOINK! as I furiously spammed force pull to get them back into the pit.

The second is people unloading CC before they hit obstacles. I can almost always time a falling force pull from the top bridge or from the sides of the pit and when it doesnt work bc someone was stunning a player near the endzone with 100% health (who was only halfway to the fire) it drives me insane.

Some people use their force pull for evil, ahem mt dew baths, I use mine to shut the BH down when he thinks he is in the clear and nothing makes me sad pandaier than seeing that resolve bar go white a millisecond before my grab goes off.

If you instead went and killed the ball carrier and left him there, he is in the worst possible defensive position when your team has the ball. If you attack him it encourages others coming out of the spawn behind you to also attack him. The more you have fighting in your endzone, the easier it is for the other team to advance the ball. The whole time their ball carrier is getting closer and closer to your goal line. By the time he does get there, you will be waiting for him, but all of your best abilities are on cooldown from your fight with the spawn camper.

Your own endzone is the worst place to defend from. As a sith warrior, I can tell you that on many occasions I have force leaped into the endzone and AOE stunned half of the enemy team and left them there wriggling on the ground like a bunch of dying cockroaches. It is pretty embarrassing for them, and an awesome feeling for me as a ball carrier. Just don't fight there.

The only time I would attack someone in your endzone is if the ball carrier is almost there already. You don't have time to stop the ball carrier, but you could remove a passing option for him. Otherwise, ignore the spawn camper and head up-field to where the enemy ball carrier is.

With a good team the Ball can be almost there in seconds. Grab ball in center Pass/pull or jump and you can make faster it than they can blink. So why leave an opening to pass or jump or pull in your end zone?

Leaving people on your bridges or in your endzone is bad news. Controlling mid is important but so is Bridge defense. you don't have to have the whole team on it but making sure the other team doesn't have a direct path to your endzone is also important.

There are a few good teams on my server where they'll usualy let the opposing team get 1 point in the beginning because they spend that time setting up. 4 minutes later it's 6 to 1 and the game is over. It's pass throw pull jump with people sitting in key positions waiting to get the ball. Even if they don't get the grab at mid all it takes is a quick turnover and then they go back to their pass chain.

a person in the endzone area also lets them run right threw the pit and jump/pass/pull up.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.