The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

SWTOR should be a PVP focused MMO

Smudgersmith

Hey guys, i dunno if many of you will agree with me but i think SWTOR should have been developed more around PVP rather than PVE. The SW story is the perfect backdrop for creating an awesome all out PVP experience. Admitedly the class stories Are awesome but to me there doesnt seem to be much in the SW lore apart from republic and empire at war, just watch the six movies, they all about the dark side and good side of the force. Xwing vs tie fighter, jedi vs sith, yoda vs emporer etc. Yes some raids are nice but operations and flashpoints seem very lack luster to me and kinda poimtless. If BW spent more time implementing a world pvp design like we saw in DAOC and Warhammer online, this game woukd have been imense and tbh should be the primary focus in the further development of this game. Star Wars is all about war between empire and republic Which in turn means more PVP please. We need the whole SW universe to be a giant illum. How cool would it be to raid the imperial fleet or something.

BW pls focus on pvp!!!! Pleeeease.

Well, actually I don't agree even though I'm a PvP'er. They should have focused crafting around end game content and added in a ton more social features that play to both the pvp, Rp & PvE community, such as player cities, guild ships, harvesting resources, 8 person groups not 8 person raids, voice chat, player vendors, ect.

Thing is BW class designs are just so good for pvp they shouldexpand big time on PVP more than anything as far as ingame content goes

I'd prefer equal development on all aspects. Not everyone likes PvP and no one likes when it's forced upon them. We should all have equal amounts of everything: PvE content, PvP content and Roleplay content.

While I agree that TOR should of had DAoC style RvR rather then what it currently has.

No, no MMO should be PVP centric.

That doesnt sell, its not what a majority of the players want.

TOR should remain PVE centric with PVP/Crafting/Space side games but that doesnt mean the pvp has to be bad.

Right now I have no interest or desire to pvp, if they add DAoC style, then ill get interested in that aspect.

As for the current PVE, another poster nailed it with needing socialization, interaction.

The storyline PVE is spectacular but its just underdeveloped, under formed.

Where you should have a forest, you have a sprout.

EA RPG division needs to learn what drives a MMO and develop that

or (and this probably the smarter route as they will never get the masses back now to try repaired design)

Just admit they made aSingle player RPG and go in 100%. Let us summon multiple companions so we can do flashpoints and 4 man heroics solo. This game is already 75%-90% solo play (depending on player). The shorter and easier route is to just go 100% solo play.