Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

When can we expect to see a nerf of the Hybrid Sin/Shadow?

AMKSED

More WZ Stats from Vanguards.

http://img7.imagebanana.com/img/6hq89xl3/Screenshot_20120127_15_10_14_969520.jpg

Not the best but still great.

http://postimage.org/image/wmcsycajr/

Same as above.

http://imageshack.us/f/210/screenshot2012030919102.jpg/

Basically 300k protection with 450k damage.

http://postimage.org/image/tdna53kvr/full/

My favourite, 700k+ damage with 80k+ protection.

http://postimage.org/image/uk3eptdn9/full/

16 medals.

/thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok if we are calling classes OP because of WZ diversity here is one for you,

Vanguard Tank

716k damage as tank spec, with 80k+ protection, 0 deaths.

http://postimage.org/image/tdna53kvr/full/

As you can see it is not only shadows, that can do massive damage with the survivability and protection points.

In Voidstar, not counting the AE/dot padding specs, the more you go above 500K the more your side sucks.

500K is pretty much the limit of any predominently single target DPS can do in a single round of defense. This involves not dying and pretty much chain killing attackers as soon as they jump down. There's really no way you can do more DPS than that and being more skilled doesn't let you kill people faster than killing them as soon as they jump down.

Problem is if you've this kind of dominance then you should absolutely crush the opposition on your offense round, and due to respawn timer this means you should expect a fight where you immediately wipe out the defenders and then just chain bomb the doors. It's literally impossible to be doing good DPS in Voidstar on offense while you're winning big. You'd have to purposely let the defenders not die to rack up more DPS numbers.

Note that the screenshot there is 1-0, which basically means both sides essentially fought at the first door for 15 minutes (the winning side didn't even lower the drawbridge after the first door, or it'd be 2-0). Given that it's usually pretty trivial to drop the bridge, one would assume the first door must be bombed in the last minute or so of the match, so in other words, there's a very real possibility this game could've turned into a loss instead. Now it's true sometimes you get into these futile heavy-healer games and it's not your fault, but since Darkness is one of the top classes, if you played one well, you'd usually be able to break open even a healer-heavy game.

wait Amksed you're a shadow calling for nerfs to your own class?

I'm an Assassin and it gets boring to know that no class besides possibly Marauders has even a chance of matching your performance.

I don't mind if they hold off the nerfs until I got my rated War Hero gear though.

In Voidstar, not counting the AE/dot padding specs, the more you go above 500K the more your side sucks.

500K is pretty much the limit of any predominently single target DPS can do in a single round of defense. This involves not dying and pretty much chain killing attackers as soon as they jump down. There's really no way you can do more DPS than that and being more skilled doesn't let you kill people faster than killing them as soon as they jump down.

Problem is if you've this kind of dominance then you should absolutely crush the opposition on your offense round, and due to respawn timer this means you should expect a fight where you immediately wipe out the defenders and then just chain bomb the doors. It's literally impossible to be doing good DPS in Voidstar on offense while you're winning big. You'd have to purposely let the defenders not die to rack up more DPS numbers.

Note that the screenshot there is 1-0, which basically means both sides essentially fought at the first door for 15 minutes (the winning side didn't even lower the drawbridge after the first door, or it'd be 2-0). Given that it's usually pretty trivial to drop the bridge, one would assume the first door must be bombed in the last minute or so of the match, so in other words, there's a very real possibility this game could've turned into a loss instead. Now it's true sometimes you get into these futile heavy-healer games and it's not your fault, but since Darkness is one of the top classes, if you played one well, you'd usually be able to break open even a healer-heavy game.

Meh, they thought that damage/protection in WZs was enough to prove a class is OP compared to others, proven wrong.

wait Amksed you're a shadow calling for nerfs to your own class?

He wants a nerf to the "hybrid" spec and a buff to the other trees, on some levels I think he is right, but generally I think the "hybrid" is fine as it is, just too many people play it because it is the only viable spec atm.

Yes, unheard of, right?

I'm an Assassin and it gets boring to know that no class besides possibly Marauders has even a chance of matching your performance.

I don't mind if they hold off the nerfs until I got my rated War Hero gear though.

well i think if they play the class then they can safely call for nerfs to the class. An Assassin in my guild thinks it needs to be done too, he's full BM 27/0/14 or 27/2/12 something like that specced and think it's a bit ridic.

Meh, they thought that damage/protection in WZs was enough to prove a class is OP compared to others, proven wrong.

IB4NiceExcuse

90% of Vanguards attacks are AoEs, so I have no doubt it my mind a Vanguard in the Tank spec could get really high damage. Especially since I know there was a hybrid spec for Vanguard/Powertech that was able to pull these stats. And from what I've read for the most part it's no longer do-able anymore. I've gotten 300K+ damage on my Commando Healer just by tossing AoEs every now and then in a Voidstar match.

Edited by AMKSED

So it's ok for other classes to do such numbers but when it's assassins people scream NERF?!

He wants a nerf to the "hybrid" spec and a buff to the other trees, on some levels I think he is right, but generally I think the "hybrid" is fine as it is, just too many people play it because it is the only viable spec atm.

Actually i think he's right. the other two specs do need to be brought up, their survivability is vastly lacking. A defensive CD that can only be used outside of dark charge would be something helpful.

IB4NiceExcuse

90% of Vanguards attacks are AoEs, so I have no doubt it my mind a Vanguard in the Tank spec could get really high damage. Especially since I know there was a hybrid spec for Vanguard/Powertech that was able to pull these stats. And from what I've read for the most part it's no longer do-able anymore. I've gotten 200K+ damage on my Commando Healer just by tossing AoEs every now and then in a Voidstar match.

Well you were the ones stating that WZ stats should be the factor to prove OPness.

No, I posted videos as well :p If you watch some of them, you can see the assassin take out 2-3 people by himself while protecting a turret, by himself. Please post some videos of Vanguards owning it up :D

So it's ok for other classes to do such numbers but when it's assassins people scream NERF?!

If you actually played the classes or knew about them you'd realize it's not even close the same. In a Voidstar match nearly every match people are bunched up, so like I said 90% of Troopers attacks are AoEs and if you're hitting 3+ people each time for 1-2k then it wouldn't be difficult to reach numbers on a Vanguard Tank/Hybrid class.

If you actually played the classes or knew about them you'd realize it's not even close the same. In a Voidstar match nearly every match people are bunched up, so like I said 90% of Troopers attacks are AoEs and if you're hitting 3+ people each time for 1-2k then it wouldn't be difficult to reach numbers on a Vanguard Tank/Hybrid class.

I can do exactly the same numbers on my Powertech tank as I do on my Assassin, your point being?

Anyway can people let this topic rest? Bioware ALREADY NERFED ASSASSINS HARD with 1.1. The 1.2 patchnotes clearly show that they think Assassins are now fine, as opposed to Operatives who got a nerf in 1.1 and another one now.

Bioware says they are fine (as do lots of players that aren't bad button-spammers), so deal with it.

Edited by AetherMcLoud

Actually i think he's right. the other two specs do need to be brought up, their survivability is vastly lacking. A defensive CD that can only be used outside of dark charge would be something helpful.

I would be fine if they nerfed the hybrid, but only if they made the other specs viable.

-IMO Infiltration Burst needs nerf. Survivability buffed decently.

-The Hybrid spec needs rebalancing, but not nerfing, maybe a slight damage decrease as the OP suggested, but nothing in the deep mechanics of the tank tree.

-Balance needs to have the range of telekinetic throw increased and also a massive surivability increase.

With these changes, the class should be perfect, not too many hybrids, more Infiltrations.

No I'm saying the numbers about 500K tend to be completely meaningless to begin with. Sorcs can do one million damage and they're probably in the middle of the pack so far as the class hierarchy is concerned.

I saw a screenshot 700K damage from Madness in a game of Alderran where both side apparently agreed to just not cap anything. Madness surely isn't anything anyone would considered overpowered, but hey, it's 700K damage!

But Assassins can put up meaningful 400K of damage, with significant healing and protection to boot, far more easily than any other class right now. It might not guaranteed you a victory but it sure tips the balance a lot.

marauders definetly needs a nerf .. need to take a look at those marauders and sents.. BTW democracy wins ,nerfing to assassins won't happen. and that's how it is .

I saw a screenshot 700K damage from Madness in a game of Alderran where both side apparently agreed to just not cap anything. Madness surely isn't anything anyone would considered overpowered, but hey, it's 700K damage!

700k damage in a never ending WZ? Both sides not capping anything? That's not good. :p

Edited by HyperThomas

No, I posted videos as well :p If you watch some of them, you can see the assassin take out 2-3 people by himself while protecting a turret, by himself. Please post some videos of Vanguards owning it up :D

Assassins have some very strong mismatches (basically against any Force/Tech based class), so you can do a 1on2 or 1on3 if they're all classes you normally dominate.

But it's not like people don't roll as flavor of the month. Try to take out a Annihilation Marauder and another Darkness Assassin, and it's not going to happen. You can certainly stall for a lot of time, but that's mostly because turret provides LoS. I can hold off 5 guys by myself in a turret for a very long time and at least half of the credit goes to 'you cannot see your enemy'. If the enemy is mostly ranged DPS, you can literally play hide & seek around the turret forever.

700k damage in a never ending WZ? Both sides not capping anything? That's not good. :p

From what I understand both side just agreed to deathmatch in the middle and didn't cap anything, at least not for a very long time. I guess eventually some people will go rogue and try to cap something to sneak in a win but Alderaan has the best potential to make some totally crazy screenshot.