Best mitigation stat

ConradLionhart

Hey all,

I would like to know what the best mitigation stat is for Jedi Guardian tanks.

I just checked the new 1.2 Crew Skill information, and surprisingly, Synthweaving, the profession that makes Jedi gear, will be able to make augments with Defense.

Armortech, the profession that makes Trooper gear, will be able to make augments with Shield Rating and Shield Absorption.

Does that mean that the best mitigation stat for Jedi Guardian tank is Defense?

It's not as simple as one of them being the "best."

Guardians prioritize Defense Rating until they hit about 500 with it. The thing is, you can do that with just the mods from daily quests. Then you really want absorption and shield rating.

I personally find absorption to be the stat I have the hardest time finding on our gear. Most of my augments will probably end up being absorption simply because our gear has an overabundance of DR.

It's not as simple as one of them being the "best."

Guardians prioritize Defense Rating until they hit about 500 with it. The thing is, you can do that with just the mods from daily quests. Then you really want absorption and shield rating.

I personally find absorption to be the stat I have the hardest time finding on our gear. Most of my augments will probably end up being absorption simply because our gear has an overabundance of DR.

Are there diminishing returns for Defense Rating?

Are there diminishing returns for Defense Rating?

Yes, there are diminishing returns on all of the secondary stats. That's why you don't really want to go much higher than 500 Defense Rating. The diminishing returns kick in before that, but DR is still a good investment until you get in that 500 neighborhood.

The following thread gives some excellent info if you go to the trouble of looking at the graphs linked and check out how to distribute your stats.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=288619

If that's too much for you, the short version is that you want to get your DR to about 500 and then you want to prioritize absorb/shield at a 2:1 ratio favoring absorb over shield.

So, that means if you have 800 points total to allocate to secondary stats you would want something like 500 DR, 200 absorb, and 100 shield rating.

The tricky part is that it can be very difficult to find the correct mods to pull that distribution off. A lot of the mods that have absorb have a larger amount of shield by default. You will also find yourself way over 500 DR once you grab a couple of Columni pieces. I have found it VERY difficult to allocate my points the way I would like.

Edited by RDeanOU

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.