Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

StephenReid

I am trying to reach it. Everytime I hit last I still have 5 more pages to skip lol. This is hilarious. So many cranky babies today. If think they need a nap.

I don't expect to get in for another couple days, so I'm having fun with it...

#LaughItUpFuzzball

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.swtor.com/server-status ....why are the servers FULL already?!

Sorry, game's full. Thanks for your money, it's appreciated. But unfortunately you will never get to play this game, we aren't sending anymore invites.

Your's truely,

Bioware

....................................................................................................................................

Or maybe, just maybe they are limiting to size of the servers to keep populations even and increase the max server pop each time they send out invites. :eek:

THIS IS THE MOST ******** GAME LAUNCH EVER!!!!!!!! Why should some people start before others??? MMO's are about levels and its like a race! You wanna get that higher level before everyone else... if everyone is getting in before other people and exploring the game and lvling? How is that fair???? if you preordered game you should all get early access... if you didnt you should start the 20th... if your servers cant handle it??? WELL MAYBE you should plan to BE SUCCESSFUL and not a failure... cause right now EA and BIOWARE IS a failure! you dont say, OMG! We have 1 million preorders how will are servers handle it! you say... we got 1 million! but we built these servers for 12 million cause thats are target! so no problem everyone jump in and start having fun! but no!! instead you play with people!

DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY PEOPLE TOOK THE DAY OFF on the 15th??? now they have to change it... OH BUT NOW! They dont know what day to take off cause now youve screwed with them more than a few times!!!

Yes, release was the 15 for early game... I agree its awesome you decided to move it up 2 days... but now instead of being nice your screwing with peoples lives, jobs, families, that they are trying to plan for when they can start playing, its near the holidays, people are trying to properly plan and all your doing is screwing with them... seriously. if you want any chance to be succesful or any chance to beat wow... stop thinking small minded, and playing games with ur customers... or you will die just like AION in a few years I PROMISE YOU!

****,, those ingame are happy and thats wut matters

half the servers are only at medium-high capacity, shouldn't you stop inviting when they are full? not 3/4's full? seriously ***, are you trying to piss people off?

I have been really patient and I have not complained like so many before now...

But this is one thing that really does irritate me.

When they stopped a little less than HALF of the servers (46 of them) were Low-Medium population (mostly Medium). And you would think they wouldn't just invite people for half a day to begin with unless it was bursting at the seams.

Edited by ishandi

Hi gang,

As someone who works in the software industry (not gaming) I can tell you that a staggered migration/launch for new software releases is pretty standard practice in the industry. If you think about it, BioWare would risk alienating ALL of their customers if they simply let everyone attempt to login day 1 and crash the entire server farm. Don't think this could happen? Well it has and anyone who has worked is software customer service will tell you: Day 1 of a new release can be hell. Scheduling the amount of new logins per day is the ONLY WAY to manage a release this big (hundreds of thousands of users). Typically, as a Product Manager you would want to limit your risk of poor performance early on in the release, so today's "waves" are likely a small percentage of the overall subscribers to avoid any embarrassing incidents such as a server crash on the first day. These "waves" will likely grow larger over time as BioWare becomes more comfortable with what they are learning about server performance in the first 24-48 hours. Believe me, competitors like Blizzard would have a PR field day criticizing EA and BioWare if there were server problems on Day 1.

To avoid all of these risks, BioWare is managing their release through the Early Access program. I think it is an excellent plan and will benefit all of us when we eventually get to login to the game. Loot Lag, server crashes and other technical problems would leave players with a bad taste for sure so just be patient... the Product Managers are doing this with everyone's best interests at heart.

Stay cool-

Tusk

Cmon lets get the 500 pages mark asap!!!

More raging pls.

THIS IS THE MOST ******** GAME LAUNCH EVER!!!!!!!! Why should some people start before others??? MMO's are about levels and its like a race! You wanna get that higher level before everyone else... if everyone is getting in before other people and exploring the game and lvling? How is that fair???? if you preordered game you should all get early access... if you didnt you should start the 20th... if your servers cant handle it??? WELL MAYBE you should plan to BE SUCCESSFUL and not a failure... cause right now EA and BIOWARE IS a failure! you dont say, OMG! We have 1 million preorders how will are servers handle it! you say... we got 1 million! but we built these servers for 12 million cause thats are target! so no problem everyone jump in and start having fun! but no!! instead you play with people!

DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY PEOPLE TOOK THE DAY OFF on the 15th??? now they have to change it... OH BUT NOW! They dont know what day to take off cause now youve screwed with them more than a few times!!!

Yes, release was the 15 for early game... I agree its awesome you decided to move it up 2 days... but now instead of being nice your screwing with peoples lives, jobs, families, that they are trying to plan for when they can start playing, its near the holidays, people are trying to properly plan and all your doing is screwing with them... seriously. if you want any chance to be succesful or any chance to beat wow... stop thinking small minded, and playing games with ur customers... or you will die just like AION in a few years I PROMISE YOU!

There you go :cool:

I upgraded my Gaming System to actually sit back and Enjoy a game for Once at a fun cost of 4 grand (I know my computer is way better than the Requirements to play this game)

i dont know about you guys who payed 60-150$ but i payed well over that to prepare for this game and Devote my life to it, however Crysis 2 is getting boring so im coming here to QQ

I really don't understand why they are stopping unless the servers are having issues.

1. If the servers are already having issues with only a fraction of the total population that pre-ordered and no street sales, that doesn't bode well for the max capacity of the servers.

2. Why not just put out a new wave every 5 hours? That gives each batch of folks time to get off the initial world and on to the next one or possibly even 2 if they played the beta.

Can they explain why the delay from 2pm to 7 or 8am the next day to release additional waves?

Well the final wave for today hasnt done yet, least the last announcement on twitter was that there was 1 more wave to go.

Plus dont forget they have been working since 6am, and they arent going to let a wave in without plenty of time to make sure its stable before the day staff go home for some actual sleep.

i got an invite to early access but i think my computer isnt good enough to run it can someone clarify for me

intel pentium 4 cpu with 2.8ghz and 1.99gb of ram

i wanna make sure this is the problem

Correct not good enough I am afraid sorry

Sorry but I defended Bioware up to this point but stopping with the waves for a whole day just doesn't make any sense to me. I thought Bioware wanted to make sure that they don't have open too many servers and staggering helps with that but I do think you guys are pushing it in the way it is done.

During the main beta test weekend servers were holding up really well and about 750,000 people were able to play/test the game, so I don't see why the waves have to be this small this time around to only account for a few days in July. I think at this pace anyone who ordered after August can expect to get in on Sunday.

Go look at server status - most servers are "Full" now. Plus, a huge chunk of the EA invites went to people who work, and have not even initiated their EA yet. Those are going to start coming online in the next couple of hours. Just be patient, you will get your invite soon enough.

Just to keep you folks up to date on what days the invites are up to:

I registered my pre-order code on 07/27, and I just got it. Days are starting to move faster now!

yea except that waves are all doen for the day now and tomorrow 80% of the people playing now will still be playing, so tomorrow they can only let 20% the amount of the people of today in, and the 15th will be worse because people booked it off and it will get worse everyday, seriously how they did not foresee this is beyond me, they need more servers, they are just being penny pinching ***** and are only going to add more in emergency, even tho they could make everyone happy and add lots then if pops get low just merge a couple