StephenReid

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I redeemed mine as soon as I could:

Although when I go to MY ACCOUNT the "Redeem a Product Registration Code" isn't ticked... is this a problem?

That's for the code that comes with the actual game (the physical box, or in whatever email Origin sends out on the 16th-ish). You should be good to go if you go to the Pre-Order tab and see "download client" :)

This is an MMO and thus only allows unique character names. By staggering the access, they just limited my desired names from being available to me. Not to mention that my pre access guild alignment is linked to a server that has been marked as full since 2nd wave. This just flat out sucks.

I love Bio Wareeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee I love to love them and well i cant w8 but I know its worth it and I was the very first one to see the first StarWars movie too I waited 3 days and camped out with my gradnpa too and i love bioware yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa And I love Lucas Arts yaaaaaaaaaaaaaa:)))))))))

Seems like my message didn't take, so I'm going to say this again:

EA F@cked up my pre-order by giving me a standard edition code when I should have had a CE and forced me to wait days trying to resolve the problem before telling me I had to start a new account. I was literally the first one through the door of Gamestop to pre-order this game and could actually prove that with my old receipt.

Right now (I just checked) my account with the standard edition has received early game access, yet my account that has the CE code I eventually was able to receive does not.

If they are going first come, first serve, they should be taking this kind of thing into account since they have me in their customer service archives (or so I would hope). I don't see why I should have to make a desician between either the headstart OR the Collector's Edition I paid top dollar for.

Go ahead, check. I'm Therumancer, if the boards go back that far enough you'll see plenty written by me when they screwed this up.

Not only is the situation messed up in general, but I'm getting screwed in paticular. Given how many pre-orders were messed up I can't be alone in this. EA should take responsibility for it's actions and make this right.

Sadly it's a petty enough thing where threatening legal action isn't really viable, but really the way EA has been treating it's customers with this game over the last year or so has been absolutly deplorable. Not being able to simply update a pre-order code, customer service run arounds, and now this? Heck, I even had one point where Customer Service tried to tell me my CE code when I got one wasn't valid and then put it into the site with a new account and it worked (and is registered now) followed by an "oh, we're sorry but really you needed to do that anyway because we'd rather spend hours running you around than spend 15 seconds to edit an account despite a well known issue and all the evidence you can provide".

whatever version your preorder code was for did NOT matter, CE DDE standard, it all means the same thing, you are registered for preorder/early access. It's the code that you get with your CE that determines your CE status.

So in other words, you ran around and made this harder for yourself because you didn't like that the preorder page said standard edition.

Edited by Avi_

1) The staggered EGA is to save load on the login servers, not the game servers. They are different.

2) They know a lot of people who have access today won't be able to play until tonight after work/school, even if 1) weren't true, looking at screenshots of server populations in the middle of the day would be pointless.

Conclusion: CTFO and wait.

This is a very good point

Everyone don't forget, Reid did post this

"@A11StriK3R We never said everyone would get in on Day One, and we're starting slow deliberately. We'll get to you."

Apparently there is some method to the madness of this slow start, aside from giving everyone an aneurysm.

Hopefully this wont get buried again, but, Should i keep refreshing my email or reopening the launcher or leaving the launcher open to see if it refreshes on its own? or should i keep the launcher open and keep refreshing my email? if anyone sees this and can help, thanks :3

don't forget to also hop on one foot screaming like a wookie

Hey everyone, good morning and welcome to the first day of Early Game Access for Star Wars: The Old Republic!

We're granting access based solely on when people's pre-orders were redeemed,

then why the hell are they allowing people who ordered in december to play the da** game today? got min in sept and i cant play so why are they

I'm sorry, I have a hard time feeling bad for the entitled brats out there complaining about their lack of access. Guys, we're all eventually going to play. Early access was NOT a part of what you purchased with a pre-order, it was a perk offered as an aside. You also did NOT pay for it, you were charged a pre-order fee that is included in the total amount of your purchase. Lastly, that you haven't gotten in yet doesn't make this launch a failure. Letting everyone in at once and crashing the servers would have been a failure. IMO, BW is handling this carefully, and it's paying off since the servers are holding up and people are getting in. No, I'm not one of them, but I'm waiting patiently, and will hopefully get in maybe two or three days from now.

I'm honestly disgusted by the entitled attitudes on here. You guys need to grow up.

Oh, and as for the post on "all the good names being gone, and all the loyal fans who took a day off of work getting screwed out of their invites," come on. Really? I won't say I've never taken a day off to go to a midnight release or play the next day, but if the server crashed or my start time wasn't guaranteed, I would have been a little more cautious about which day I took off and a little more forgiving if I couldn't get in when I assumed I would. As for the naming thing...if you join ANY game after its launch date--take WoW for example, as they have millions of players and have been going for seven years--you should expect by now that names are going to be taken, and you just might have to settle on alternative spellings or new names altogether. Using that as an excuse to complain is not only ridiculous, it's downright immature and unreasonable. That being said, I'm sure you'll be able to think one up.

Sit back and relax kids, we're not quite there yet. Good things come to those who wait. The rest of you can ****. <3

I'm disgusted by people like you.

This was a truly awful idea. While it makes perfect sense from a business point of view, making sure that the servers gradually reach peak load and managing new server launches etc, you just can't tell hundreds of thousands of kids that they can't play with their toy when they know it's there sitting. It doesn't work like that.

All this launch does is showcase how far out of touch this company is with the mmo crowd. And then ofc there's the other side issues that come from this. Friends split and can't start playing together, race to realm/world first lvl50 for whoever cares about that sort of stuff, reserving names and so forth.

Your launch idea makes sense to people who don't care about playing mmos. I suggest you get some ppl who actually do play mmos in the management team tho before it's too late.

It does not matter in the slightest that you had clearly announced that the access would be handled in waves and ppl would get UP to 5 days or whatever. It was just as terrible when you announced it as it is in action. All that matters is that the servers are up and some ppl are in while others aren't.

This launch model is going to work a hell of a lot better than any that predate it. Let people on gradually and let them move out of the zones so when the next wave is in you don't have 100s of people in the newbie area trying to do the same quest. This way works much better, not to mention early access is starting 7 days early, not the previously announced 5 days early.

Edited by Zilrota
removed insults

since no one reads this, time for bubba gump shrimp time.

pew pew omaaagawd bubbas got lazors, pew pew kachoooeww pew. "Hay bubba" "Ya forest" "How a-boot - (they're canadians for reals) - you put your back against mine that ways we dun got to sleep wit our heads in the muuud" kachew pew ppew GOTTA FIND BUBBA. pew pew "FOREST!!!" "GOTTA FIND BUBBA"

*15 WEEKS LATER*

"IM A SHRIMPIN BOAT CAPPIN" "I GOT NO LEGS BECAUSE YOU SAVED ME AND RUINED MY FAMLIES LEGACY OF DYING FOR THEIR COUNTRY" "BUBBA GUMP SHRIMP TIME" PEW PEW PEW KACHEWWWW PEW PEW pew pew lazzors beeeeams

*10 DAYS LATER*

PEWPEW KACHEWW PE PEWW PEW

*15 minutes later*

*whispers* pew pew kachew!

------------------------

Serious note: EGA is a priv not a right.

that's a load of **** because after the first 15-30 mins everyone will be in already... and as we've seen, the server load is light. reason why they're doing this is so all the zones don't get too crowded. not only the starter zones but the later ones too, so they're probably waiting for people to level more and move it on up, to the east side!

Unfortunatly that doesnt make much sense either since your story quests to progress to later planets are instance based.

My Word - this is an interesting, eye opening Thread on peoples attitudes....

Am I in yet - No

Am I frustrated I'm not in yet - yes!

Do I hold any anger towards anyone for not being in yet - I have a life and a mental age appropriate to being an adult, so no.

I mean gosh people! - In two weeks time I will have been playing for at least a week regardless of when I actually get in and it won't matter a jot if I got in as early as I'd like.....

But hey! - Im the Leader of a major online gaming community and am leading our republic arm in SWTOR (BTW - Fantastic pre guild system, tell me another game that has done better....) DONT THEY KNOW WHO I AM - SURELY I SHOULD BE IN BY NOW!!!!!!!

OR

I'm in a (extremely) long que and I know/trust they will get me ingame as soon as they can, until then I will sit on our Vent server and live vicariously through my fellow guildies who are already in and will no doubt get in before me...

Adr :)

http://www.bsc-community.com

^This^