Blaster whip not triggering upper hand

Entropicus

I believe you are correct OP in that UH didn't trigger on blaster whip. While in a PVP match just now (literally the match I just had, I came here to post while it is still fresh in mind), I performed Blaster Whip on an Assassin and it didn't trigger an UH. The Assassin displayed the "resist" I believe it said, meaning he had that defensive buff up which negates tech damage.

I can only assume that since no damage was inflicted, due to the defensive buff, the UH did not trigger.

It saddens me that it is very unlikely a dev or otherwise is going to reply to this post. Perhaps we can ask it in the upcoming Q&A. Perhaps it is working as intended, but even with zero dmg I do believe the buff should be given.

I believe you are correct OP in that UH didn't trigger on blaster whip. While in a PVP match just now (literally the match I just had, I came here to post while it is still fresh in mind), I performed Blaster Whip on an Assassin and it didn't trigger an UH. The Assassin displayed the "resist" I believe it said, meaning he had that defensive buff up which negates tech damage.

I can only assume that since no damage was inflicted, due to the defensive buff, the UH did not trigger.

It saddens me that it is very unlikely a dev or otherwise is going to reply to this post. Perhaps we can ask it in the upcoming Q&A. Perhaps it is working as intended, but even with zero dmg I do believe the buff should be given.

Yes, this is correct. If there's an evade, dodge, resist or anything similar, it's not going to give you an Upper Hand.