Timeline issues

DarthGalan

So here's a question. If the new legacy system allows us to have children, how is it that they exist in the same timeline as the current story? If my Jedi Knight decides to have a child who is also a Jedi knight, it doesn't make sense at all that they go though the same storyline, the same events, and have the same current class ending.

IMO this is where the legacy system is going to fall apart. Invoking a time paradox is never good...

So here's a question. If the new legacy system allows us to have children, how is it that they exist in the same timeline as the current story? If my Jedi Knight decides to have a child who is also a Jedi knight, it doesn't make sense at all that they go though the same storyline, the same events, and have the same current class ending.

IMO this is where the legacy system is going to fall apart. Invoking a time paradox is never good...

Your jedi knight is 50

your children are 25

I just don't plan on making any of my alts children of my existing characters. Associates, cousins, siblings, etc. all make much more sense to me. In my case I chose my legacy name as the name of the backwater-settled-by-various-waves-of-refugees-and-expatriates colony world that has no useful resources, is way off the beaten path (no strategic value) and nestled near the borders of both Imperial and Republic space but still firmly in neutral territory. Each of my alts can trace their lineage back to this colony world.

I just don't plan on making any of my alts children of my existing characters. Associates, cousins, siblings, etc. all make much more sense to me. In my case I chose my legacy name as the name of the backwater-settled-by-various-waves-of-refugees-and-expatriates colony world that has no useful resources, is way off the beaten path (no strategic value) and nestled near the borders of both Imperial and Republic space but still firmly in neutral territory. Each of my alts can trace their lineage back to this colony world.

Good plan! Btw, your sig is great! Han shot first and last, since he was the only one who shot, there. :D

Similar for me. I plan to have 3 human characters as my main characters, all of them siblings, then the other characters I make will be associates and connected to them some how. I may make an old man and an old woman to fill in the patriarch and matriarch spot on the legacy system. I think that it'd be better for the legacy system if we had more character slots per server, 8 isn't a lot... :(

You raise an excellent point, and I am assuming that in future generation e.g. when you role a new level 1 toon and immediately declare him a child of your current generation, then he/she will see a bit of difference in their storyline. Just give them time to work each piece and improve the legacy program.