The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Jet Charge for Powertech

dijskykiller

Just like Sith Juggs, PTs have the ability to tank and DPS depends on the player's liking. Since force jump is a tied ability for SWs. Why not make jet charge a bound ability for PTs. In addition, I don't see why jet charge should be in the ST tree because BHs as everyone knows, have it in their armor. PTs are supposed to be melee spec compared to the other AC which is ranged which indicates the need for this talent. This shouldn't be a problem because the devs can easily replace jet charge with a new ability that will better suit the ST tree.

I've played both classes in 50 and finish 80% of the time on top of every PvP match and I've just noticed that compared to Juggs, PTs have the same DPS, equal utility, and its falling back in mobility.

Edited by dijskykiller

A major difference between PTs and warriors is the amount of ranged abilities they have. PT is meant to be able to use these while they close in on their targets or get kicked away from them. Jugg has very little that they can use beyond 4 meters and are heavily reliant on their jumps.

FYI - jet charge was baseline for PTs in the beta and was later moved deep into the tank tree...Bioware clearly changed it on purpose. I hear you though, I would have really liked a BH dps spec that made real use of the jetpacks.

A major difference between PTs and warriors is the amount of ranged abilities they have. PT is meant to be able to use these while they close in on their targets or get kicked away from them. Jugg has very little that they can use beyond 4 meters and are heavily reliant on their jumps.

FYI - jet charge was baseline for PTs in the beta and was later moved deep into the tank tree...Bioware clearly changed it on purpose. I hear you though, I would have really liked a BH dps spec that made real use of the jetpacks.

I agree with you, but most of PTs damaging talents are also in mid-short range except from the pyro tree. What I'm trying to say, at least this talent should be easily available for AP and ST tree. They could put huge heat cost for this talent just t make it balanced among all trees. Pyro lacks heat venting so using it will be situational only, whereas AP can use it more often.

Was it a baseline talent? From what i've heard it was low in the Shield tree before they've decided to bring it up.

PT is not a pure melee class, and the DPS tree that is focused on the close range have its tool to close the distance.

Jug has ONE 30 meter attack, and the great majority of them melee range (4m).

PT has one, or two for AP, melee-ranged attack (Retractable blade, Rocket Punch. Rest has 10-30m range. You perform best at 10 m. Tank jumping in is, in PvE at least, more about the positionning than the range imo. Also tank in melee range apparently holds threat to an higher threshold than one in a ranged distance.

While Warriors get a baseline ability to leap to a mob(Force Leap), we get a baseline ability to pull a NPC/player to us(Grapple). Personally I'd rather have Grapple baseline. It is a more powerful ability to be able to move/manipulate NPC/Player position, then jump to them. Edited by Xneco

I agree with you, but most of PTs damaging talents are also in mid-short range except from the pyro tree. What I'm trying to say, at least this talent should be easily available for AP and ST tree. They could put huge heat cost for this talent just t make it balanced among all trees. Pyro lacks heat venting so using it will be situational only, whereas AP can use it more often.

Was it a baseline talent? From what i've heard it was low in the Shield tree before they've decided to bring it up.

Yeah it was baseline (in a dev video playing AP) then it climbed to the bottom of the shield tree - and I assume people went hybrid to get it, then it climbed way high in the shield tree.

Bioware seems to dislike the idea.

Well at least BH seems like the best candidate to get a Heroic Leap type ability in expansions due to their jet pack centric nature... would be used by PT to close gaps and Merc to create gaps.