conversation fail

Bobinstein

why are the options im given in a conversation different from what i actually say?

i cant tell you the number of times ive picked the option that most closely represented what i would have said myself, only to hear my guy say something completely different

a lot of the time what is actually said has absolutely nothing to do with any of the options i was given.

so...... rabble rabble rabble,

and discuss.

uhhh this isn't rare at all. it happens every time you make a conversation selection that isn't something very specific.

bioware should have just gone the dragon age: origins way of having you say what the text says, with the voice acting funded only in response to that specific line of text.

I imagine it's pretty hard because they have character limits on their scroll wheel dialogue choices so it doesn't always cleanly translate to what the player is saying.

With that being said, I'm pretty used to it, this happens across all Bioware games.

This is a pretty rare problem, but it is a problem on occasion. I don't get why they don't just give us what we're gonna say verbatim, which they do in a couple places.

i want to be, a heal spec sorc

the best there ever was.

to heal them all is my real test. to bubble is my cause.

i will travel across BT, consuming health away.

each classes tank to understand, the aggro that they hold.

juggernaut, its you and me.

maybe a mercenary

sorc heal spec, im youre best friend

when you need a battle rez

sorc heal spec, with heals so true

innervate will pull us through

protect me and ill heal you

sorc heal spec

gotta heal'em all

every challenge along the way

with resurge i will face

i will heal you every mob

to claim my helmet piece.

come with me, we have some deeps

they're an alright team

with all my heals we'll win the fight

all because of me

heal spec sorc

Blame the full voice acting.

Presumably it was either out of budget or all those different selections came after the VO's were finalized. So wherever possible they use generic reuseable voiceovers.

Which isn't *that* big a deal, except in the fairly rare occasion where the text you *thnk* is snarky or funny or comraderly, is actually mean/angry/hateful.

'Course, that's what "escape" is for.

Also good for seeing different companions reactions to the same scene.

minor Jedi Knight spoiler

When the one jedi controlled by the emperor tells the jedi she's apparently seduced that he's only tasted just the merest tip of what real passion is, Kira Carson's comment "Then you haven't been doing it right" is easily the best one. (well, at least if your a male with her as your love interest). 'Course, as it's pretty obvious you're going to be thrown into a boss fight, the only sane companion to actually bring with you is the healer, and then you'd miss that wonderful comment.

Very very rarely does the text have little to do with what you say, its just not exactly the same. I am used to it and like it. Maybe if you complain about it enough they will make it into an option but I think that would be lame. Edited by Gokkus

Very very rarely does the text have little to do with what you say, its just not exactly the same. I am used to it and like it. Maybe if you complain about it enough they will make it into an option but I think that would be lame.

^^ This

A small paraphrase of what your character says will NEVER be exactly what you think he will say. Why some of you people don't understand that is beyond me.

Trying to paraphrase a couple of sentences into just a few measly words can be tough at times.

It depends on the class i find. The Sith Warrior and Inquisitors answers are extremely funny in relation to what you have actually selected, sometimes they are way off. The Bounty Hunter and Agent i find to be very close to what is on the screen. In fact, i can typically know which response they will come back with.