The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Fresh 50 Gear & Blasters

Cheeseblaster

Hey all. First off Vangaurd board is by far the most intelligent board on SW. Great discussions. Glad ot be a Vangaurd!

Hit 50 a couple days ago and have almost the full Centurion Combat Tech armor set. I ask the below questions under the premise, as people have stated on other threads, that there really is no survivability difference between tank and DPS post 50..

Considering the great work done by people figuring (taugrim has an awesome section about this on his blog) out the best way to balance DPS and shield/absorb was CT the best way to go? Did people switch out mods in that basic level set or just save the creds until you got the higher level sets to mod those?

And as I bank comms for higher gear levels what set did people go after?

And is there a specific blaster rifle people went after once they hit 50?

Thanks, you all rock!

When I hit 50 I got the Centurion combat tech set as soon as possible. The only thing I changed on the armor was the enhancement mods. I ran "Darkness on Ilum" to get the enhancement rewards to replace the default enhancements in the Cent CT. I chose the advanced battle enhancements for more crit/surge and less accuracy.

Now I'm up to full Champion gear. Oddly enough, I'm using an orange rifle with frankenstein mods from all over the place, but it's got better stats (sans expertise) than the Centurion Eliminator rifle I bought. I'm still saving for the Champion rifle.

EDIT: I run the IF spec, so the CT set bonuses made the most sense. Assault specs usually want to go with Eliminator. Supercommando is sub-par in PVP in my opinion, but I plan on getting a Champion Supercommando set for HMs since I haven't done any PVE gearing.

Edited by Pearnicious

I saved for the champion blaster rifle. I hated losing my E-313 though :( When I run across a 25 barrel, I'll scoop it up and mod it to the E-313 and see how it and other mods helps its damage. I'd like to go back to using it.Until then...champion rifle.

When I hit 50 I got the Centurion combat tech set as soon as possible. The only thing I changed on the armor was the enhancement mods. I ran "Darkness on Ilum" to get the enhancement rewards to replace the default enhancements in the Cent CT. I chose the advanced battle enhancements for more crit/surge and less accuracy.

Now I'm up to full Champion gear. Oddly enough, I'm using an orange rifle with frankenstein mods from all over the place, but it's got better stats (sans expertise) than the Centurion Eliminator rifle I bought. I'm still saving for the Champion rifle.

EDIT: I run the IF spec, so the CT set bonuses made the most sense. Assault specs usually want to go with Eliminator. Supercommando is sub-par in PVP in my opinion, but I plan on getting a Champion Supercommando set for HMs since I haven't done any PVE gearing.

Thanks for that! I'll have to go do Darkness tonight to get the enhancements.

I saved for the champion blaster rifle. I hated losing my E-313 though :( When I run across a 25 barrel, I'll scoop it up and mod it to the E-313 and see how it and other mods helps its damage. I'd like to go back to using it.Until then...champion rifle.

I still role with my G56.. Seems to be more than adequate at the moment. But I spent alot of time modding it out to the max... So i'm loath to give it up!