Feedback on the Sentinel

ARIZONAMAN

I couldn't even make it through your whole post. What you are requesting is a completely unstoppable god mode class.

I rerolled to a sentinel from my full BM sage that I had played from day 1. I haven't looked back, even for a second. I will never touch my sage again and I don't miss it even a little bit.

I am nearly unstoppable on my sent, and the absolute best players on my server are all sentinels. (one of them being Lazyrix, who I'm sure some of you are familiar with since he hosts a daily live stream)

This is arguably the best pvp class in the game, rivaled only by shadows.

I'm not suggesting all my observations be done, just giving some ideas. And my specific observation relates to 1v1, again see my earlier post from today. Now, I am using the Focus tree, which I am learning is not good for 1v1, but great for team play because of the 3K + force sweeps. Also, it is rare to start a fight with all your abilities/buffs etc ready to go. And on my server, we only have a few Battle Masters b/c we can't get pvp matches, we're one of the least populated servers (Telos Restoration project). Maybe that has something to do with experience, but again, in a 1v1 situation we do not do well against an equally equipped opponent, especially the Operatives or Scoundrels, from my experience.

Well, if all you care about is being a god in 1v1, then you should have rolled a scoundrel.

Each class has strengths and weakness, you can't have everything.

If you want to win every single 1v1, go with scoundrel or shadow.

If you want to top the damage charts and barely ever die in random pugs, go with sage.

If you want to do crazy burst damage with little effort, go with guardian or vanguard.

If you want to be amazing in competitive group play, and bring tons of damage, survivability, and utility to your group, then go with SENTINEL.

This class excels in a high level, organized pvp environment. We put out great damage, that only gets better if we have good healers keeping us alive so that we're constantly running with 5 stacks of juyo and 30 stacks of centering.

We are by far the best class at killing enemy healers, which is EXTREMELY important in competitive play, obviously.

We have amazing group utility, with an 80% movement speed buff, armor buff, 20% healing debuff, 15% overall damage buff.

Our survivability is incredible in a competitive environment, because we can mitigate enormous amounts of damage, and then become completely immune to damage for up to 9 seconds, giving our healers a window to keep us alive that no other class can provide.

If they were to give sentinels the buffs you are asking for, they'd be the best class in absolutely every situation, and there would be no point playing anything else.

Edited by BiggDirty