Can't wait for all the FOTM Marauders to hit 50

jitsuo

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ataru form is carnage not annihilation. force camo is 100% now with talents in anni so it got nerfed to 50, and we had a talent to increase predation to 80% speed instead of 50, that is now in carnage.

so all in all anni got nerfed a little. i don't know what people are talking about.

I went through three specs there.

Base Force Camo got a 50% damage reduction. Watchman got increased duration and increased movement speed. That's a buff.

Which I, and all Sorcs/sages, have PLENTY of =3

Good thing Maras can crush them ;)

well the purpose of the 100% is to let the marauder have a chance to escape.

The purpose of 50% is what? Nothing. One dot? One aoe? It really doesn't have any purpose.

Yeah, it's not like the battlefield DOESN'T have AoE's in every single place and numerous Marauders use Force Camo without the damage immunity

/sarcasm

Seriously, it's a minor nerf, don't blow things out of proportion. The only thing this changes for me is that I can't tank another Marauder's Dots in it, but it's a VERY easy change to deal with

I went through three specs there.

Base Force Camo got a 50% damage reduction. Watchman got increased duration and increased movement speed. That's a buff.

100% is better than duration and speed.

I'll wager most anni will not even get that talent.

Got my sith warrior to level 7 last night. Cant wait to hit 50 with this OP FOTM. Bioware did get me by nerfing my merc I got to level 40. Kinda mad I wasted my time on him.

You realize that Assault Merc damage was made so that you'd have to press a button OTHER than TM. From what I've been hearing, if you change up the rotation, the DPS loss is negligable

They'll realize that Anni wasn't buffed, Carnage/Rage was. If they're Anni, 95% will have no clue what they're doing, and a clueless Marauder is the easiest class to kill. If they're Carnage, once I stun/Camo through Gore they will be absolute sitting ducks. If they're Rage, it's the easiest thing in the world to avoid a Smash and hit back.

Marauders have a complicated rotation compared to PT Powertechs or Sorcerers (I.E. Reactionary piano playing), and a lot of PvP-ers that I witness cannot handle it.

are you kidding me mara rotation is so ez i faceroll any1 as anni.....

100% is better than duration and speed.

I'll wager most anni will not even get that talent.

How is 100% better?

It breaks when you deal damage so about it's only use is to dodge graphically telegraphed damage. Increased movment speed with longer duration gives its way better gap closing and new target selection.

It's probably worse if you are bad... other than that...

You realize that Assault Merc damage was made so that you'd have to press a button OTHER than TM. From what I've been hearing, if you change up the rotation, the DPS loss is negligable

I know that, a free firing Merc is ridiculously high dps. Not even a complete rotation and a Sage/Sorc is dead. I think you are hearing wrong because I see heat problems with the new nerf which will involve more rapid shots.

I know that, a free firing Merc is ridiculously high dps. Not even a complete rotation and a Sage/Sorc is dead. I think you are hearing wrong because I see heat problems with the new nerf which will involve more rapid shots.

90% sure the heat problems are with PT Pyrotechs

I'm gonna try to find the thread. I know there are alternatives to TM spam but I haven't seen them used enough to know what they are :)

WE ROCK CAUSE WE KNOW HOW TO PLAY OUR CLASS !

... the fact that your class has options clearly has no impact.

Just consider that not everyone who rolled a BH or Inquisitor did so when those classes were flavor of the month. Complexity isn't an excuse for some classes to just be better than others, sorry. Got a marauder, got a guardian, got a commando. I don't think that my ability to "play my class" varies dramatically between the three characters, some of them just have more depth and are /better/ than the others.

Burst damage rarely about a "big hit."

Well, your opinion about the burst is just flat out wrong.

Don't know where you got your concepts on burst - but the definition of burst damage is weak regular DPS, with sudden spikes of one or more very heavy hits that kill someone - basically what the original Ops were, pre-original nerf...

Burst classes tend to rely on massive criticals in every other MMORPG...maybe you're from the WoW generation and still learning this?

That is NOT the description of marauder damage, which takes a long time to build up, and whose top hits are outshined by many other classes.

The reason "burst" damage has been desirable in PVP for years is that it's unpredictable and messes with healers. They'd rather heal off steady damage (especially when being interrupted) then a few surprise massive damage spikes.

I guess we'll agree to agree that the other is flat out wrong.

Don't know where you got your concepts on burst - but the definition of burst damage is weak regular DPS, with sudden spikes of one or more very heavy hits that kill someone - basically what the original Ops were, pre-original nerf...

Burst classes tend to rely on massive criticals in every other MMORPG...maybe you're from the WoW generation and still learning this?

That is NOT the description of marauder damage, which takes a long time to build up, and whose top hits are outshined by many other classes.

The reason "burst" damage has been desirable in PVP for years is that it's unpredictable and messes with healers. They'd rather heal off steady damage (especially when being interrupted) then a few surprise massive damage spikes.

I guess we'll agree to agree that the other is flat out wrong.

Carnage is burst damage, especially when Berserk+Gore is up. Burst damage can come from one big hit (Rage Juggy/Mara) a couple medium hits (TD+RS for PT Pyro) or a bunch of medium-ish hits in succession (Berserk-->Gore-->Massacre+Force Scream+Vicious Slash (will be easier with Short Fuse) is undeniably bursty. 4 GCD's (GCD's are reduced with Berserk)and you do quite a lot of damage. So, yes, a bunch of medium hits in a small amount of time is burst

Edited by jitsuo

Got my sith warrior to level 7 last night. Cant wait to hit 50 with this OP FOTM. Bioware did get me by nerfing my merc I got to level 40. Kinda mad I wasted my time on him.

Merc wasn't nerfed....

EDIT:

This pretty much.

Edited by Dharagada

I started leveling a Sentinel because I played a Marauder in beta pre-buff and it looks a lot more fun now. I don't even have a majority of my good abilities yet and I'm rocking face. Looking forward to having good gear and rocking people.

I know Marauders and Sentinels think that because they have a lot of buttons to press that their class is too hard for 90% of players. But honestly, when I play Iron Fist spec on my Powertech, it can be pretty damn complicated and involved. It's all about how you play and what you bring to the table in PvP.

If all you do is tunnel vision one player and attack attack attack in PvP, it doesn't matter what class you play, you're not doing it right.

Edited by Sevvy

Carnage is burst damage, especially when Berserk+Gore is up. Burst damage can come from one big hit (Rage Juggy/Mara) a couple medium hits (TD+RS for PT Pyro) or a bunch of medium-ish hits in succession (Berserk-->Gore-->Massacre+Force Scream+Vicious Slash (will be easier with Short Fuse) is undeniably bursty. 4 GCD's (GCD's are reduced with Berserk)and you do quite a lot of damage. So, yes, a bunch of medium hits in a small amount of time is burst

This. Watchman / Anni has very good burst especially if you carry an Overload Saber, which granted is awkward and vulnerable to cleanse. It's quite possibly the highest burst in the game. Without it, it still has a lot of burst.

I don't consider Smash / Sweep burst by itself, but when you include the other abilities that frequently precede it, the spec does do good burst.

Yes, Carnage is the bursty tree, but I was referring to the class in general in my original post that he quoted. Since 80% of marauders/sentinels are annihilation/watchman specced, the average Marauder isn't very "bursty"...just steady, high damage.

Carnage/Combat, during the brief period where the ArPen debuff is up, and Rage/Focus, during the bomb are about the only times Marauders have any burst. Compare that to the way PowerTechs/Operatives have been, and the average Annihilation Marauder is a lot closer to steady sorc damage than strings of big crits. That was my only point, not a big deal in the grand scheme of things.

Yes, Carnage is the bursty tree, but I was referring to the class in general in my original post that he quoted. Since 80% of marauders/sentinels are annihilation/watchman specced, the average Marauder isn't very "bursty"...just steady, high damage.

Carnage/Combat, during the brief period where the ArPen debuff is up, and Rage/Focus, during the bomb are about the only times Marauders have any burst. Compare that to the way PowerTechs/Operatives have been, and the average Annihilation Marauder is a lot closer to steady sorc damage than strings of big crits. That was my only point, not a big deal in the grand scheme of things.

Watchman can put out a tremendous amount of damage in a 4.5-6 second window. That's burst. Your view of burst is in far too short of a time frame.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.