Weakest 1v1 class

Niconogood

As a commando I have in generals problems with every class that can interrupt. Mercenaries I just faceroll every time though. Theyre so weak and squishy its a joke. Unless they are heal/hybrid specced though. Then I cant kill them because I dont have an interrupt :( Edited by Niconogood

I think it would come down to the individual player skills and tactics as I don't think there is a weakest class.

You obviously play a mara/sent, powertech/vanguard, or shadow/assassin (or scoundrel/operative, though they're the weaker of the four 1v1 kings) :p

Try playing a sniper, merc, or sorc and then tell me player skill is all that maters in a 1v1.

Edited by SeanPoe

You obviously play a mara/sent, powertech/vanguard, or shadow/assassin (or scoundrel/operative, though they're the weaker of the four 1v1 kings) :p

Try playing a sniper, merc, or sorc and then tell me player skill is all that maters in a 1v1.

Close...But I play a Sawbones Scoundrel and Combat Medic Commando. Thought you were gonna guess it there for a second.

Edited by Alzor

What is the discussion here? Pure class differential? Are we assuming the players skill and experience is equal and not a factor? Do you want to know which class to take on in a 1v1 situation? There is some discussion to be had if we're discussing class differentials and not taking into account player skill, but as someone earlier said, that's the #1 game breaker for winning a 1v1.

As a commando I have in generals problems with every class that can interrupt. Mercenaries I just faceroll every time though. Theyre so weak and squishy its a joke. Unless they are heal/hybrid specced though. Then I cant kill them because I dont have an interrupt :(

I am genuinely confused about you, personally.

You have posted the same rhetoric repeatedly over the last month: "Commando is bad at 1v1. Vanguard, Sentinel, and Shadow kill everything 1v1."

In that month time frame you could have easily had a 50 Vanguard, had it geared, and be around level 30 on your Sentinel, which you rolled after you found out that your Vanguards can, in fact lose, to them if they press their buttons.

Defense specced Jug/Guardian is the weakest class 1v1 (.) < PERIOD

They last a whole 10 seconds longer than their DPS spec counterparts and do practically nothing for damage in their tank gear. If a defense spec/tank gear equipped jug/guardian beats you 1v1 you are the worst player ever.

I am genuinely confused about you, personally.

You have posted the same rhetoric repeatedly over the last month: "Commando is bad at 1v1. Vanguard, Sentinel, and Shadow kill everything 1v1."

In that month time frame you could have easily had a 50 Vanguard, had it geared, and be around level 30 on your Sentinel, which you rolled after you found out that your Vanguards can, in fact lose, to them if they press their buttons.

Yeah well, I was kinda looking forward to a fix for the 1.2 patch. You know, make the class more viable in PvP, actually make assault a PvP spec, actually using instants like vanguard and not be dependent on immobile casttimes, improve the arsenal rotation (not just give us the same fkin rotation with less damage), NOT remove the entire medictree from the game, things like that. Guess I was wrong...

Dps Sorc (you can go look up the 1v1 tournament, none made it past the first round)

Worst single target damage, and most squishy class.

/thread.

These statements may be true, but you get 31 pt Madness, and there are good amount of people that don't know how to deal with you and your 9s root.

Of all the specs you can do as a Sorc (especially with the "changes" coming) this will still be the strongest IMO at 1v1, and Creeping Terror is the only reason.

By all means I know there are far greater classes at 1v1 such as Sins/Powertechs/Mara's, and that we are squishy as freakin' sh**, but if using this spec correctly, you can get pretty good results.

Edited by Wheelerific