Weapon color crystals.

Callos

I just read that color crystal stats are NOT going to go up with new content. In my opinion, I feel that they should, and here's an idea on how to make it work, and keep the spirit of being able to choose the color you want.

If the crystal mod slots were changed, so that the SLOT had the stat, and not the crystal. Then, you insert a statless crystal of your choice of color, and the slot activates, thus giving you the stat tied to the slot. This way, the crystal stats can continue to go up as the gear progresses.

In order to keep Artifice viable, and keep people from just buying a cheap level 5 (or whatever) crystal for their weapons, make it so that the statless crystals still have levels, and the crystal that's inserted has to be AT LEAST the level of the weapon it's being inserted into.

Under those circumstances, art would still be pretty useless because people would just insert the cheapest high level crystal rather then going for the very best ones. Which is where the money is made.

Secondly having a slot bonus instead of a crystal bonus hinders customization. For example im a marauder, if my socket bonus was endurance instead of crit, i'd be pretty bummed.

Lastly adding additional crystals past what they have now with out adding new levels would swamp the higher level. All MMO's ive ever played go by this rule. It seems to work with no problems.