Legacy Unlocks NEED to be Account Wide

Talsalus

The current system is forcing me to focus on one faction.... normally that wouldn't be a problem but I quickly become bored with alts now that I have 2 50's. I play on a pvp server with my main faction as Empire. To play repub on that server feels like I'm betraying my guild lol.

I don't see why the things we unlock with legacies.. such as new species or w/e can't be unlocked for accounts. I understand why they chose to have separate legacies for each server.

I think this would be something that Bioware should/needs to do.

Does anyone agree? and what are your opinions on this matter?

I would hope that more character slots could open with legacy level gain.

Eventually a total of 16 slots should be available for the potential of having a toon of all 16 specialization of the 8 classes. Right now I have all 8 specialties of the Imperial side on my main server, and I would like to attach at least one of each of the main Republic classes to the same Legacy. I would really appreciate at least 4 more character slots to be available from Legacy levels.

P.S. I have a TON of Legacy suggestions, and I would appreciate all the feedback I can get...

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=356461

Edited by Rotamortis

I would hope that more character slots could open with legacy level gain.

Eventually a total of 16 slots should be available for the potential of having a toon of all 16 specialization of the 8 classes. Right now I have all 8 specialties of the Imperial side on my main server, and I would like to attach at least one of each of the main Republic classes to the same Legacy. I would really appreciate at least 4 more character slots to be available from Legacy levels.

P.S. I have a TON of Legacy suggestions, and I would appreciate all the feedback I can get...

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=356461

More character slots is not the problem for me... as I do not want to play republic character on my empire toon pvp server.

I would however.. love to play some republic characters on a different server. But then I would be leaving my legacy lvl 20 behind. Which prob isnt that high, but has taken me a while to get there.

sweet.. got moved to suggestion box where no one posts on anything.. ty

You rather it just be the trolls who constantly luk general discussion over the less but more reasonable input here?

EDIT: Also, throwing in my opinion. While I agree it could be a good idea to open them up account wide, the problem being that you feel as though you're betraying your guild going Rep on your server is largely your problem, and Bioware should no be forced to please every single little problem people personally have (It sets a horrible precedent, is what I'm saying)

Edited by LX_Theo

You rather it just be the trolls who constantly luk general discussion over the less but more reasonable input here?

EDIT: Also, throwing in my opinion. While I agree it could be a good idea to open them up account wide, the problem being that you feel as though you're betraying your guild going Rep on your server is largely your problem, and Bioware should no be forced to please every single little problem people personally have (It sets a horrible precedent, is what I'm saying)

We'll.. I see where your coming from. But I think this idea will still allow those of us who want to venture to the other faction and not be penalized for changing server.

We'll.. I see where your coming from. But I think this idea will still allow those of us who want to venture to the other faction and not be penalized for changing server.

whether you are playing pub on that server or another why does it matter? also, what happens when you want to create a new legacy on another server?

whether you are playing pub on that server or another why does it matter? also, what happens when you want to create a new legacy on another server?

i mean I don't want to pvp against my guild/friends. And it wouldn't effect creating another legacy on another server at all. It would just keep the benefits you've unlocked so far on the new server.

And it will make the whole legacy thing a lot simpler... for instance you wouldn't have to start completely from scratch on a new server.

I have no clue why so many people are against this.

i mean I don't want to pvp against my guild/friends. And it wouldn't effect creating another legacy on another server at all. It would just keep the benefits you've unlocked so far on the new server.

And it will make the whole legacy thing a lot simpler... for instance you wouldn't have to start completely from scratch on a new server.

I have no clue why so many people are against this.

you are already pvping against them in huttball, and soon to be voidstar and coast. i honestly dont see the issue. you arent abandoning them, or betraying them in any fashion. pvp generally is all about the competition, and if you cant have friendly competition with your guild/friends then whats the point?

you must have misunderstood my previous question. if legacy is account wide, then how exactly do you go about creating a NEW legacy on a new server? just have it all turned off till end of chapter 1? toggle it at character creation? it seems like more hassle, both tech and playerwise, than what needs to be.

I'm already on 2 servers, on e Imp and one Rep, so how would I manage the Legacy System? Merge them? One heck of a wild weird name could evolve.

ONCE again.. legacy names will not be affected at all... u still get one on each server when u finish chp 1..... I'm just talking about the benefits unlocked in 1.2

Edited by Talsalus

you are already pvping against them in huttball, and soon to be voidstar and coast. i honestly dont see the issue. you arent abandoning them, or betraying them in any fashion. pvp generally is all about the competition, and if you cant have friendly competition with your guild/friends then whats the point?

you must have misunderstood my previous question. if legacy is account wide, then how exactly do you go about creating a NEW legacy on a new server? just have it all turned off till end of chapter 1? toggle it at character creation? it seems like more hassle, both tech and playerwise, than what needs to be.

legacy is not account wide... not what i'm suggesting ... I'm suggesting that the things you unlock in legacy 1.2... say I have a lvl 50 puresith warrior one server... go to another server and I can now make a pureblood sith republic character because the sith pureblood specie unlock has been saved to my account.

Edited by Talsalus

legacy is not account wide... not what i'm suggesting ... I'm suggesting that the things you unlock in legacy 1.2... say I have a lvl 50 puresith warrior one server... go to another server and I can now make a pureblood sith republic character because the sith pureblood specie unlock has been saved to my account.

so you think species unlocks should be account wide. im personally against most of the unlocks themselves being account wide on account of legacy being so easy to attain. species i can understand your argument for, and im on the fence about. while in terms of "family" which is one of the realizations for legacy, this doesnt make sense. i can also understand not wanting to level a pureblood to max for another legacy just because you want a legacy based around them. i dunno. it seems kinda wishy washy either way.