Overnerfing Biochem

LKaras

No, the augment slots going away.

taking his post at face value, and assuming he didn't make a mistake (which seems likely) we still don't know that augment slots are going away. All it says is getting an extra one on a crit.

taking his post at face value, and assuming he didn't make a mistake (which seems likely) we still don't know that augment slots are going away. All it says is getting an extra one on a crit.

From which it is not unreasonable to assume that they are removing the augment slots from earpieces.

For what it's worth, somebody quoted him from google+ as saying the blog is wrong, modifications are getting an extra one on crit. Implants are remaining as-is. The two got mixed up.

My guess is that the "You get 2 items on a crit" will apply to anything that doesn't have potential for an aug slot. Bio consumables are already this way, and they're expanding it to Cybertech items (Armoring, Mods, Grenades). I wouldn't be suprised to see the same thing for Armstech Barels, Artifice Enhancements, and all the new Augments (Having and augment crit to have an augment slot doesn't make much sense. Plus you'd have that whole container within a container kind of thing)

My guess is that the "You get 2 items on a crit" will apply to anything that doesn't have potential for an aug slot. Bio consumables are already this way, and they're expanding it to Cybertech items (Armoring, Mods, Grenades). I wouldn't be suprised to see the same thing for Armstech Barels, Artifice Enhancements, and all the new Augments (Having and augment crit to have an augment slot doesn't make much sense. Plus you'd have that whole container within a container kind of thing)

Just imagine... I have a item that gives me 2531 willpower. Just chain inserted critted augments.

Yeah, not likely.

(I also sorta doubt speeders will give double yield when they crit... though in the long run it wouldn't be that much of an advantage over any other item that gives double yield.)

(I did find it moderately curious when they increased the base yield of the Tier 2 stims that they devalued critting by making it just give an extra one, and not doubling the yield).