Quick recovery gone is a big deal to Focus tree

muradi

This was not in the patch notes and it's in the PTS. Quick Recovery = new Valor

12 secs cd vs 9 secs for 20% more dmg on sweeps.

Also stasis cd is 60 secs now vs 47.

Makes me think, did focus really get buffed?

With the singularity utility of zen and the synergy with Valor, the changes seem equalish to me. Changes to Focus is not a buff. CD increase is a big deal.

I think watchman got buffed more :) It will not be good to spam 3 focus costing aoes to get centering, but basically instead of quick recovery it will have 4 focus from leaps... Also if you were putting a point to phantom (which I was) that's a freebie too. Then there's the Cauterize buff.

Nvrmind the other AC buffs. Watchman should be really happy about this patch.

I wouldn't be very happy as a Focus. The rotations got jerked really badly.

Btw,

Anyone know if leg slash and Cauterize stack now? The only time I use it is for a scoundrel, I can't tell.

But if they're both 50%, would stacking it root the person for 6 seconds? Or is it multiplicative, which would end up in a 75% snare. hmm.

Edited by muradi

Quick Recovery was removed, but in the Focus Tree where the leap root increase currently is is now Swelling Winds. It reduces the cooldown of Force Sweep by 1.5/3 seconds and increases the damage by 10%/20%. The leap root increase was moved to Combat.

Yeah, Focus had a net neutral set of changes. People that think it got buffed are scrubbie bads that stroke themselves off their Sweep damage. Honestly I like the current incarnation of Focus better with the 9s Sweeps, perma Transcendence, 9s Blade Storm, etc.

Yeah, Focus had a net neutral set of changes. People that think it got buffed are scrubbie bads that stroke themselves off their Sweep damage. Honestly I like the current incarnation of Focus better with the 9s Sweeps, perma Transcendence, 9s Blade Storm, etc.

Like I said, Force Sweep still has a 9 second cooldown.

About the snare, that's a snare taken from the total base speed of the target, then it takes the larger of the two. So if one is 30%, and the other 50%, it's still 50%, since (Forgive this bad analogy), 30 is somewhat of a subset of 50.

This was not in the patch notes and it's in the PTS. Quick Recovery = new Valor

12 secs cd vs 9 secs for 20% more dmg on sweeps.

Also stasis cd is 60 secs now vs 47.

Makes me think, did focus really get buffed?

With the singularity utility of zen and the synergy with Valor, the changes seem equalish to me. Changes to Focus is not a buff. CD increase is a big deal.

I think watchman got buffed more :) It will not be good to spam 3 focus costing aoes to get centering, but basically instead of quick recovery it will have 4 focus from leaps... Also if you were putting a point to phantom (which I was) that's a freebie too. Then there's the Cauterize buff.

Nvrmind the other AC buffs. Watchman should be really happy about this patch.

I wouldn't be very happy as a Focus. The rotations got jerked really badly.

Btw,

Anyone know if leg slash and Cauterize stack now? The only time I use it is for a scoundrel, I can't tell.

But if they're both 50%, would stacking it root the person for 6 seconds? Or is it multiplicative, which would end up in a 75% snare. hmm.

You got a stronger force sweep with three times the cost. Learn to manage your new skill better and it is a buff.

Yeah, Focus had a net neutral set of changes. People that think it got buffed are scrubbie bads that stroke themselves off their Sweep damage. Honestly I like the current incarnation of Focus better with the 9s Sweeps

Ummm... Sweep will still be 9 seconds, Swelling Winds decreases the cool down by 3 seconds, so the 3seconds lost from the Zephry change is made up for in Swelling Wind. and addition of the zen utility which as a watchmen I can tell you with the valor talent, Zen is up Alot. This is not a neutral set of changes, the damage with the correct New rotation will be higher then the current incarnation. And you should probably look things over more, log onto the pts and look at the actual tree, or wait and see the changes first hand before calling someone else a "scrubbie bads" when you are so misinformed.

• 2 weeks later...