Question to the community

ugig

I am hoping that someone somewhere can provide some insight to this question that i have been asking.

Tracer Missile and Power Shot are being handed the exact same changes in 1.2, base heat cost reduction, cast time increase with a talent in arsenal to bring that cast time back down to original, and a flat 10% dmg reduction.

My question is this, why? I understand the changes to Tracer Missile, but why does Power Shot deserve the exact same changes? Lets look at what they do, Tracer Missile provides buffs to the user plus debuffs the enemy for everyone, it also does very nice damage which is yellow (tech) dmg that cannot be deflected, and tanks with shields cannot shield mitigate its dmg. Power Shot provides no buffs, doesnt debuff, does respectable white (phys) dmg that can be fully negated by deflection or partialy by shielding.

How does it make any sense to have the same changes to both abilities?

They want us to use Powershot more often? They always intended for us to "use" it in between TM, UL, HSM, RS, etc. But the benefit was never there, and still not. Unless you are a BG or Pyro. But that is a whole different story.

They want us to use Powershot more often? They always intended for us to "use" it in between TM, UL, HSM, RS, etc. But the benefit was never there, and still not. Unless you are a BG or Pyro. But that is a whole different story.

So they nerf it because they want us to use it? And I write these questions from the perspective of someone who only uses arsenal for PvE and pyro for PvP.